National Cup Boys 1999 Round of 16 tainted.

I seem to remember that a Cal South board member resigned without explanation soon after that.
Yes and I remember that in her exit interview she alluded to resigning because of the way the Anaheim Surf issue was ignored.

just look at things for what they are, you weren’t good enough this year. And you are quite bitter because you don’t have a next year. sucka.
In a couple of years you’ll realize that you stressed way too much
Pathetic!

Are you allowed to play at a Junior College and for a club team at the same time?

College has limits on how much kids can play during a college year. As long as the coach is ok with it there are no issues playing club soccer in the off season. The u19 bracket usually has a ton of college kids playing. Couple years ago my son's team had 2 players come back to play. As long as they are still age eligible.

Last year's U19 champion WCFC pretty much had an entire team of college players who came home after their freshman year and played National Cup.

College has limits on how much kids can play during a college year. As long as the coach is ok with it there are no issues playing club soccer in the off season. The u19 bracket usually has a ton of college kids playing. Couple years ago my son's team had 2 players come back to play. As long as they are still age eligible.

Last year's U19 champion WCFC pretty much had an entire team of college players who came home after their freshman year and played National Cup.

This year is all the same for WCFC, a lot of college players. Btw WC beat this Golden State team in bracket play 1:0
They are not the only team, Fullerton has plenty of college players on their roster.

I'm still missing the point of this thread's complaints.

CalSouth is corrupt because a club has a lot of Brazilian kids in a team?

CalSouth is corrupt because the wild card seeding gets alter so a team that has a lot of Brazilian kids doesn't play the same team that beats them in pool play again?

FCGS Owner is a racist pig when he allegedly when out his way to put a team of 18-19 yrs. old kids that are Brazilian?

The Brazilian kids are taking away scholarships that are meant for Soltilo FC players?

The Brazilian kids look older than the Soltilo FC players and therefore they should not be competing against Soltilo FC?

The NCAA can't be bought?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Newsflash, life is unfair! This is a great reason why soccer will never progress in this country. The sense of entitlement that everything should be given in a silver platter because you paid your way through is not how you succeed in life. If Soltilo FC players decided to wait until their last year of club soccer to figure out their collegiate life and to depend solely on that, those poor kids have a rocky road ahead. Lastly if 18-19 yrs old are afraid of playing some D level players from Brazil (as accused by the OP and his alter ego) they are not ready to compete and claim that they will be these great players. Pulisic was 16-17 yrs old when he was playing against some of the world best players in Dortmund, so at that age if you are good and your team is good you will play anyone.

Stop making excuses for your children and confront the challenge head on!

CalSouth is corrupt because a club has a lot of Brazilian kids in a team?

CalSouth is corrupt because the wild card seeding gets alter so a team that has a lot of Brazilian kids doesn't play the same team that beats them in pool play again?

FCGS Owner is a racist pig when he allegedly when out his way to put a team of 18-19 yrs. old kids that are Brazilian?

The Brazilian kids are taking away scholarships that are meant for Soltilo FC players?

The Brazilian kids look older than the Soltilo FC players and therefore they should not be competing against Soltilo FC?

The NCAA can't be bought?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Newsflash, life is unfair! This is a great reason why soccer will never progress in this country. The sense of entitlement that everything should be given in a silver platter because you paid your way through is not how you succeed in life. If Soltilo FC players decided to wait until their last year of club soccer to figure out their collegiate life and to depend solely on that, those poor kids have a rocky road ahead. Lastly if 18-19 yrs old are afraid of playing some D level players from Brazil (as accused by the OP and his alter ego) they are not ready to compete and claim that they will be these great players. Pulisic was 16-17 yrs old when he was playing against some of the world best players in Dortmund, so at that age if you are good and your team is good you will play anyone.

Stop making excuses for your children and confront the challenge head on!
They way you are twisting everything that has been said, I would think you are Thistle if I did not know better. True life is not fair but should we all just accept corruption?

They way you are twisting everything that has been said, I would think you are Thistle if I did not know better. True life is not fair but should we all just accept corruption?
What am I twisting? Enlight me here because I'm having a hard time figuring out where the blatant sign of corruption is at.

This is what was said: ["FCGS owner is a racist pig. Quality quotes during the match:

"How can you even see that you're Asian"

"Don't shake their hands, they may steal something"] VERY DIFFERENT than what you say above.

Also he did not say they were taking away scholarships, just that is was going to mean less opportunity for their kids to be seen. As FYI some kids do get their scholarships or at least prefered walk on status during the summer before college so get over yourself that you are a model parent. Not all kids are great students and need to leverage their way into college.

Calsouth is corrupt because they dis not even bother to call the OP back and it appears that they are not following the rules for foreigners. And they are definitely corrupt when you look at the Anaheim Surf fake birth certificate issue.

This is what was said: ["FCGS owner is a racist pig. Quality quotes during the match:

"How can you even see that you're Asian"

"Don't shake their hands, they may steal something"] VERY DIFFERENT than what you say above.

Also he did not say they were taking away scholarships, just that is was going to mean less opportunity for their kids to be seen. As FYI some kids do get their scholarships or at least prefered walk on status during the summer before college so get over yourself that you are a model parent. Not all kids are great students and need to leverage their way into college.

Calsouth is corrupt because they dis not even bother to call the OP back and it appears that they are not following the rules for foreigners. And they are definitely corrupt when you look at the Anaheim Surf fake birth certificate issue.
1. The OP is using the racist card and examples to cover up himself as the discriminating self he has shown himself on how he refers to those kids that are allegedly Brazilian and old.

2. The OP and his alter ego made this a USA vs Brazil thing when its just 2 LA Clubs playing at the highest level of recreational soccer pyramid.

3. The whole college scholarship crap that people put so much emphasis into. Are the brazilian players able to get an scholarship as the allegations that they were taking them away? And if so good for them!

4. If this was about another CalSouth's many flaws in its system for allowing the foreigner kids play or as the OP calls them "Pros", why was his first argument was the seeding of the wild cards vs. the issue of the players. Once the OP realize that his point on the WC was a stupid one, he brought his alter ego to let us know that non-american are playing in that FCGS.

5. I greatly disagree with you about not all kids are great students. All kids could be great students if given the right circumstances in life.

And finally lets say Bob did poach those kids from Brazil, do you realize how bad under brazilian standards those kids are that they couldn't get a pro contract in South America and the best they could get is a recreational championship and hopefully some JC/CC education at the very best scenario for them.

This seems more likely to happen...

I can just see these kids sitting around their dorm room next year. Probably passing a bong while procrastinating about studying.
"Man, I can't believe we didn't win National Cup last Spring. My life is gonna suck now. I should probably quit college and flip burgers. If only my dad could have made a difference by calling Cal-South and having our schedule changed. And remember that one ref when we were 11 years old? He gave that PK to that cheating slammersurfpateadorsgalaxy team and they beat us in the Whogivesacrap Cup semi-finals? I'm still so depressed from that. Got any more weed?"

1. The OP is using the racist card and examples to cover up himself as the discriminating self he has shown himself on how he refers to those kids that are allegedly Brazilian and old.
Those kids are from Brazil but that's not the point, if you weren't so busy defending your interpretation based on not knowing the whole situation.

Racist card was only brought up because Bob, FCGS owner, made racial derogatory statement towards one of the player with an asian decent. Additionally made slanderous comment about not shaking the opponent's hands after the game because they may steal something - essentially accusing Soltilo players as thieves.

I don't know what you're norm and values are but where I come from, Bob's behavior is not at all defendable and is despicable behavior.

2. The OP and his alter ego made this a USA vs Brazil thing when its just 2 LA Clubs playing at the highest level of recreational soccer pyramid.
Op never made into USA vs Brazil thing. "26 yr HS Coach" did bring up that point but the way I read it was that 26 was arguing that there are plenty of good youth players locally. Also, technically, CalSouth NC is not the highest level of rec soccer pyramid. It is the highest level for USYSoccer CalSouth, but there are USSDA, USClub Soccer and USSSA as well.

3. The whole college scholarship crap that people put so much emphasis into. Are the brazilian players able to get an scholarship as the allegations that they were taking them away? And if so good for them!
They are not, if the past years are any indication. Bob throws them on the plane back to Brazil the moment the last game is played. These men are here strictly to play soccer and soccer only. Scholarship is a side story and not really the point - again, you've chosen to highlight a tangential argument.

The real issue regarding the Brazilian players are that, they are brought to USA to play for FCGS, and none of them have proper clearance from Brazilian FIFA to play in US. USYSoccer has a policy in place (which as been highlighted in this thread) that they are part of FIFA regulation. In other words, they should be DQ'd.

Follow-on....

4. If this was about another CalSouth's many flaws in its system for allowing the foreigner kids play or as the OP calls them "Pros", why was his first argument was the seeding of the wild cards vs. the issue of the players. Once the OP realize that his point on the WC was a stupid one, he brought his alter ego to let us know that non-american are playing in that FCGS
Do not understand where you get the notion that the original violation by CalSouth is "a stupid one"? Its not. The integrity of the process was not followed and somehow number 2 and number 3 seeds were swopped. The fact that they would have to play the same team from the pool play is irrelevant. If it was, then it should be stated in the rules - which it is not. Besides, I do not believe it was the OP that brought up the fact that FCGS team was an imported player team. I believe it was introduced into he discussion by "26".

5. I greatly disagree with you about not all kids are great students. All kids could be great students if given the right circumstances in life.
I know this was a response to "Fact" and perhaps you've had previous discussions on this matter but I could not disagree more with your statement here. Not all kids can be good students, regardless of the circumstances. There are natural capacity to learn and there are differences between individuals. While ALL kids can do better in an ideal situation, some people are simply smarter and better students than others.

And finally lets say Bob did poach those kids from Brazil, do you realize how bad under brazilian standards those kids are that they couldn't get a pro contract in South America and the best they could get is a recreational championship and hopefully some JC/CC education at the very best scenario for them.

This seems more likely to happen...

You clearly have never been to Brazil. There are more players than the country can absorb. Only the best of the best craw out of the situations they are in, into any type of professional soccer.

As for your last example of Timmy's post, are these the same kids you are familiar with that could be great students if given the right circumstances in life?[/QUOTE]

Those kids are from Brazil but that's not the point, if you weren't so busy defending your interpretation based on not knowing the whole situation.
I base my opinion based on what I gather from the OP.
Racist card was only brought up because Bob, FCGS owner, made racial derogatory statement towards one of the player with an asian decent. Additionally made slanderous comment about not shaking the opponent's hands after the game because they may steal something - essentially accusing Soltilo players as thieves.

I don't know what you're norm and values are but where I come from, Bob's behavior is not at all defendable and is despicable behavior.
Were you there when these allegations were made? Neither was I, therefore I'll take it as hearsay and nothing more. Is Bob a racist or not, I really don't know. What I know is that based on what OP and his second acct 26 have written towards the Brazilian kids in a prejudice way, but 2 wrongs don't make one right.
Op never made into USA vs Brazil thing. "26 yr HS Coach" did bring up that point but the way I read it was that 26 was arguing that there are plenty of good youth players locally. Also, technically, CalSouth NC is not the highest level of rec soccer pyramid. It is the highest level for USYSoccer CalSouth, but there are USSDA, USClub Soccer and USSSA as well.
So 2 people with the same agenda show up to the forum bashing a club. WOW! Such a novelty in this forum. OMG I'm such in shock! NOT!

I think you get the point about NC/rec soccer. Its a recreational environment within their same level of competition.
They are not, if the past years are any indication. Bob throws them on the plane back to Brazil the moment the last game is played. These men are here strictly to play soccer and soccer only. Scholarship is a side story and not really the point - again, you've chosen to highlight a tangential argument.

The real issue regarding the Brazilian players are that, they are brought to USA to play for FCGS, and none of them have proper clearance from Brazilian FIFA to play in US. USYSoccer has a policy in place (which as been highlighted in this thread) that they are part of FIFA regulation. In other words, they should be DQ'd.
Why is this not point out right away! And once again OP and his alter ego brought up the scholarships. If FCGS broke the rules, they need to be dealt with accordingly.

Follow-on....

Do not understand where you get the notion that the original violation by CalSouth is "a stupid one"? Its not. The integrity of the process was not followed and somehow number 2 and number 3 seeds were swopped. The fact that they would have to play the same team from the pool play is irrelevant. If it was, then it should be stated in the rules - which it is not. Besides, I do not believe it was the OP that brought up the fact that FCGS team was an imported player team. I believe it was introduced into he discussion by "26".
If CalSouth has done this before so kids playing the game can benefit from playing DIFFERENT teams and not the same one over and over, I don't see the problem. Do you see anyone from WC here whining about FCGS? Like I mention before this is a recreational tournament hosted to find which team was the best one within that level of play. The end goal for these tournaments is for kids to have fun playing together and displaying the skills they have acquired throughout the season in a level field of competition. Everything else is a moot point.
I know this was a response to "Fact" and perhaps you've had previous discussions on this matter but I could not disagree more with your statement here. Not all kids can be good students, regardless of the circumstances. There are natural capacity to learn and there are differences between individuals. While ALL kids can do better in an ideal situation, some people are simply smarter and better students than others.
Understand the kids ability to learn, allow them to learn within their own parameters and constraints and be discipline about it, you will be surprise about the results. I love success stories because they were set to fail by people that have your thinking, and they succeed.

You clearly have never been to Brazil. There are more players than the country can absorb. Only the best of the best craw out of the situations they are in, into any type of professional soccer.
What is your point??? Based on what you have said you should have a little bit of compassion for kids coming from another country where their ONLY opportunity to break the cycle is not there as they weren't good enough to make a living out of soccer, and they don't get an education like we do.
As for your last example of Timmy's post, are these the same kids you are familiar with that could be great students if given the right circumstances in life?
Timmy's metaphor is very strong and you can't see it. Those kids need some sort of discipline. But darn it, discipline was lost in the past 8 years....

Were you there when these allegations were made? Neither was I, therefore I'll take it as hearsay and nothing more. Is Bob a racist or not, I really don't know. What I know is that based on what OP and his second acct 26 have written towards the Brazilian kids in a prejudice way, but 2 wrongs don't make one right.....

You see, that's just it isn't it. I was there. I watched the whole game. Got the feedback directly from the players.

Understand the kids ability to learn, allow them to learn within their own parameters and constraints and be discipline about it, you will be surprise about the results. I love success stories because they were set to fail by people that have your thinking, and they succeed.....

........Timmy's metaphor is very strong and you can't see it. Those kids need some sort of discipline. But darn it, discipline was lost in the past 8 years....

You know nothing of me to say people that have my thinking. You may love success stories but you seem to not recognize that even in success, there are differences. As you've noted before in a different context, life isn't fair. Its just certain.

As for your last comment, not sure what you mean by 8 years but if you mean that parents didn't do their job to raise kids, then who's fault is that? As for the metaphor, luckily I don't know any kids like that myself, including mine in college. It just plays off of stereotype from likes of Fast Time at Ridgemont High.... Nothing to do with the reality and is insulting to parallel these young student athletes to that.

CoachSamy As a HS teacher I am far from prejudice or maybe I am against people who act stupid but last time I looked at the Far West Regional logo it said in white highlight in red background “US Youth Soccer” Last time I looked at the National Championship logo it said the same thing “US Youth Soccer”. When looking at the Dallas Cup I see that it says nothing about US it says “Welcome Word”. I think you have completely missed the point but that’s ok some of my students do that every day in my classroom.
But so you know, I did root for Golden State at Dallas Cup. I was glad they won it. No prejudice what so ever! I am actually very disappointed that our CalSouth representative for the “US Youth Soccer” Far West Regionals could actually be a mispresesnted non US Youth team. That’s all I’m saying my friend but I’m sure you will figure something wrong with it. Have fun dwelling over it.

Back