National Cup Boys 1999 Round of 16 tainted.

I know it’s against the rules to be the wrong age. Does a player in Cal-South need to be in the US legally? Can they play on a visa?
Has immigration ever shown up to a soccer tournament?

I know it’s against the rules to be the wrong age. Does a player in Cal-South need to be in the US legally? Can they play on a visa?
Has immigration ever shown up to a soccer tournament?

If they entered the US after a certain age (I think it's 12) they need to have clearance from their originating national association. When I was a team manager I had to deal with a few of those.

Hat’s off to Soltilo who took the Brazilians to 2nd overtime before losing 5-3. Great effort and attitude! I was really disappointed in the fact that not one of the GS men spoke English and were dirty, flopping and screeming on the field. They received one Red Card, and 4 yellow cards vs 3 yellows for Sotilo. The whole situation disgust me. They were disrespectful and several of their players addressed the sidelines after scoring. I am really upset that this tournament should not be an international compition. Why has US Soccer not made this about US players and forced non citizens to bow out. My opininon only but shouldn’t this be about our kids? Promoting our boys? Not letting a wealthy GS owner go to Brazil and hand pick 18 Brazilian players to come beat our players who only can train 2 days a week because of schooling. I saw an entorage of 6 GS trainers, coaches, or whatever they play a part of their situation, invade the GS sidelines and completely coach from the parent sidelines.
If you haven’t figured it out yet, with the last few posts and conversations about this situation, it is disgusting what this #S%^#^ hole Owner from GS is doing to the Coast League, CalSouth and US Soccer. Our US born boys are getting a sh...y deal out of this.
Oh by the way, I can’t post a picture but # 22 from GS looks at least 25 and # 33 is a shorter version of Lebron James. I would bet my entire 26 years of teaching HS retirement that #22 is older than U19.

Hat’s off to Soltilo who took the Brazilians to 2nd overtime before losing 5-3. Great effort and attitude! I was really disappointed in the fact that not one of the GS men spoke English and were dirty, flopping and screeming on the field. They received one Red Card, and 4 yellow cards vs 3 yellows for Sotilo. The whole situation disgust me. They were disrespectful and several of their players addressed the sidelines after scoring. I am really upset that this tournament should not be an international compition. Why has US Soccer not made this about US players and forced non citizens to bow out. My opininon only but shouldn’t this be about our kids? Promoting our boys? Not letting a wealthy GS owner go to Brazil and hand pick 18 Brazilian players to come beat our players who only can train 2 days a week because of schooling. I saw an entorage of 6 GS trainers, coaches, or whatever they play a part of their situation, invade the GS sidelines and completely coach from the parent sidelines.
If you haven’t figured it out yet, with the last few posts and conversations about this situation, it is disgusting what this #S%^#^ hole Owner from GS is doing to the Coast League, CalSouth and US Soccer. Our US born boys are getting a sh...y deal out of this.
Oh by the way, I can’t post a picture but # 22 from GS looks at least 25 and # 33 is a shorter version of Lebron James. I would bet my entire 26 years of teaching HS retirement that #22 is older than U19.

Video available? Would prefer not to see the "disgusting shit hole owner", just the game if possible.

FCGS owner is a racist pig. Quality quotes during the match:

"How can you even see that you're Asian"

"Don't shake their hands, they may steal something"

Meanwhile it is now known that not a single kid has a release on file @ Cal South from the Brazilian federation. The team should get a DQ and Bob douchebag should be sanctioned.

But alas Cal South is in his pocket and are doing nothing. Corruption at its finest. Kickbacks, bribes etc.

We gave up a goal with 2 minutes to play in 2nd OT that ended our season. Now unlike a lot of the ignoramuses on this forum I will get to enjoy College soccer with my kid where the NCAA can't be bought.

Would someone with a connection to one of the TV networks drop a dime on this whole situation.

Corrupting youth sports and hollow victories....

This whole thing really speaks to the character of FCGS owner. Do you want to put your kid in an organization (any pay to support) someone who skirt around the system and claim victories in youth competition by brining in ringers?

What's the point? Is it to say how great FCGS is and attract new players for the club? If that's that case, doing so like this is a definitely a turn-off. We may disagree about lots of things but one thing I'm confident about us, Americans, is that we have and pride ourselves in fair sport.

Oh I would even better that timbuck, that is an old roster, kids who have played against them during that phase have said this team now is completely different with whole new players. I don’t have a line up card but I wonder if they are using same cards but different players. I would hate to say that, but I know players who have played against them in Coast League who say this team is completely different than when they played them in Coast. One more time, how does a squad not even win Coast Soccer League or maybe they did barely, all of a sudden win Dallas Cup? Just my thoughts! Oh and SoccerFan4Life who just posted above. Dude, who cares about WC teams and their placing. This isn’t even about placing in your minimal Celtic Tournament. This is about US Boys U19 kids still trying to get into college who might be on the verge, get eliminated by a PROFESSIONAL TEAM.
The roster timbuck posted is a 1998 team? Maybe some 1999s playing up?

Comparing that lineup to the 1999 GS National cup roster, there are only 6 players from that team on the GS National cup roster, which has 22 players (16 new players).

But U19 (1999) is exempt from the continuity rule, and some of the other related rules. So it can be a completely different team if they want. In fact the exemption from rule 3.1 means they didn't even have to have played in a Cal South league. The players must "reside" in Cal South, but nothing says for how long, etc. Good luck disproving their residency, and disproving foreign birth certificates or passports.

So basically, under Cal South and National cup rules, the U19 level is a mercenary team for hire structure, which seems to be exactly what GS did. I'm not saying I think it's right, but that's what the rules say.

Meanwhile it is now known that not a single kid has a release on file @ Cal South from the Brazilian federation. The team should get a DQ and Bob douchebag should be sanctioned.

But alas Cal South is in his pocket and are doing nothing. Corruption at its finest. Kickbacks, bribes etc.

We gave up a goal with 2 minutes to play in 2nd OT that ended our season. Now unlike a lot of the ignoramuses on this forum I will get to enjoy College soccer with my kid where the NCAA can't be bought.
Can you cite the rule about the requirement of a release? I only see a residency requirement but no reference as to how long.

It seems everyone brings a lot of new players in, didn't your team bring 8?

I live a few miles away from the calsouth office. I can definitely stop by and post a complaint and the more others do the better chance of getting them to change the rules or get them to look into GS. The question I have is why are other clubs in this age bracket not complaining or doing something about it. golden State is a big club but so is strikers and several others. Why is soltillo the only one upset about this.

Can you cite the rule about the requirement of a release? I only see a residency requirement but no reference as to how long.

It seems everyone brings a lot of new players in, didn't your team bring 8?

7.17. INTERNATIONAL CLEARANCES (USYS Policy Rule 207)

7.17.1. (a) For a player who is at least 17 years of age and comes to the United States on or after the player is 10 years of age, the player must request an international clearance from the Federation.

7.17.2.2. (2) the statement be (A) retained by the club or league with which the player is registered, or (B) filed with the State Association. (USYSNC Policy Rule 207)

(c) The Federation and FIFA have international clearance requirements and procedures for players coming to United States to play soccer, Consult the Federation about these requirements and procedures.

So does this mean that GS needs to show proof that they received clearance? I would get the Athelic Directors for all of the clubs in this tournament to file a claim with Calsouth. Heck you can start a signed petition and I am sure many on this site and parents from our teams will sign it.

Why has US Soccer not made this about US players and forced non citizens to bow out.

The answer to your question (other than the fact it would be illegal) is “Because US Soccer is not xenophobic. Because immigrants and refugees who live in the US deserve the same opportunity to play youth sports as everyone else.”

Where exactly are you going to stop with your line of reasoning boss? Should Albert Einstein have been prohibited from working in US government labs because he was a foreigner, or was he the right kind of foreigner? Should Madeline Albright have been prohibited from going to public school as a kid because she was a foreigner? Music schools definitely should have kicked out Eddie Van Halen since he probably deprived a U.S. citizen of a spot and surely beat them in guitar contests also.

What makes youth soccer so important that only U.S. citizens should be allowed to play it here? Or are you saying we should have a “separate but equal” league for kids born in other countries who emigrate here? I suppose we could have dumped Caterina Macario into a league like that since she also is a Brazilian born soccer player. Or is it ok to have one or two Brazilians on a club team in Cal South so long there aren’t too many in one place at one time, and they only speak English on the pitch? Or maybe Macario is different because she’s just a girl, and girls soccer isn’t important like the boys?

Please explain further what we should do with foreign born children who want to play soccer in the U.S.

I wonder what type of visa these Brazilian players have...Bob must support their visas.

Bob started importing players from Brazil for his U19 team a couple years ago as far as I know. I first thought he was giving those Brazilian kids opportunities to play in his professional team (GS Force), but it doesn’t seem like it after checking the Force roster. So every year he brings a bunch of new U19 players from Brazil to win and fulfill his ego. Smh

I guess some would argue that it’s good for our top end teams to have to compete against the best in the world.
I know Brian Kleiban who runs the older Galaxy boys DA teams complains that there isn’t enough competition to push his teams to a higher level each week.

Very good point InTheValley! Point taken. How about that they should have atleast be enrolled in the US educational system which is free to any foreigner K-12 or enrolled in either a community college or university like all the other boys who have to compete. Is that a better response for you? I don’t know for a fact but my guess is that they are not and are here just to train, play, and are paid for to do so. Or a rule that states they have to remain in amateur status. Which would DQ this team from the start. Just my .02 cents.

7.17. INTERNATIONAL CLEARANCES (USYS Policy Rule 207)

7.17.1. (a) For a player who is at least 17 years of age and comes to the United States on or after the player is 10 years of age, the player must request an international clearance from the Federation.

7.17.2.2. (2) the statement be (A) retained by the club or league with which the player is registered, or (B) filed with the State Association. (USYSNC Policy Rule 207)

(c) The Federation and FIFA have international clearance requirements and procedures for players coming to United States to play soccer, Consult the Federation about these requirements and procedures.
So the question is, do they have clearance (assuming they came here after age 10)?

Very good point InTheValley! Point taken. How about that they should have atleast be enrolled in the US educational system which is free to any foreigner K-12 or enrolled in either a community college or university like all the other boys who have to compete. Is that a better response for you? I don’t know for a fact but my guess is that they are not and are here just to train, play, and are paid for to do so. Or a rule that states they have to remain in amateur status. Which would DQ this team from the start. Just my .02 cents.

Has anyone checked to see if any of these players also play for local community college teams? I know of one community college team that team that does have players from Brazil.

just look at things for what they are, you weren’t good enough this year. And you are quite bitter because you don’t have a next year. sucka.
In a couple of years you’ll realize that you stressed way too much

Back