Mustang dodging SUSC

Mustang 08 ECNL was scheduled to play SUSC in the consolation game in the Mayors Cup and called the tourney director so the could play a different team from out of state. It’s funny that they ducked a team so obviously. If you look at the bracket below it clearly states the #2 team from group C plays the #2 team from group D but that’s not what ended up happening...Cowards!!434D912A-44E4-47F6-8E9B-3E7829BC70E3.jpeg

If you had shown me this 5 years ago I wouldnt have believed you.

Now after all the craziness I've seen in club soccer I believe you without you even need to explain.

Also, Mustang Soccer has an amazing facility for the top teams to practice/play at.

Mustang 08 ECNL was scheduled to play SUSC in the consolation game in the Mayors Cup and called the tourney director so the could play a different team from out of state. It’s funny that they ducked a team so obviously. If you look at the bracket below it clearly states the #2 team from group C plays the #2 team from group D but that’s not what ended up happening...Cowards!!View attachment 10781
Mustang ought to be willing to scrimmage you guys normally. You’ve got a very strong team and you’re close by. Wasted opportunity if you guys don’t play other.

I think you read too much into it, though. You are one hour away from them. Who wants to drive all the way to Vegas just to play the team next door?

How weird that this poster uses a zip code from Placer County, hmmmm?
What does the zip code where I’m from matter about the facts? My daughter doesn’t play for SUSC or Mustang which is why I posted this info. I don’t have a dog in the fight but I think it’s funny that Mustang is scared to play a really strong local team, that’s all.

Mustang ought to be willing to scrimmage you guys normally. You’ve got a very strong team and you’re close by. Wasted opportunity if you guys don’t play other.

I think you read too much into it, though. You are one hour away from them. Who wants to drive all the way to Vegas just to play the team next door?
I’m not reading anything into it. My friends have always said Mustang 08’s avoid playing SUSC over the years and this is proof. SUSC plays their tourney and they always put them in opposite brackets trying to avoid them until the final (not a bad strategy). They have only played once, maybe twice in the last year and a half or two so it’s not like they consistently play each other even though they are only an hour apart. I just think it’s funny/pathetic to dodge a good local team.

What does the zip code where I’m from matter about the facts? My daughter doesn’t play for SUSC or Mustang which is why I posted this info. I don’t have a dog in the fight but I think it’s funny that Mustang is scared to play a really strong local team, that’s all.
Exactly my point. You are an agitator.
So, the player that plays on both teams, what team was she going to play with? Just curious.

I’m not reading anything into it. My friends have always said Mustang 08’s avoid playing SUSC over the years and this is proof. SUSC plays their tourney and they always put them in opposite brackets trying to avoid them until the final (not a bad strategy). They have only played once, maybe twice in the last year and a half or two so it’s not like they consistently play each other even though they are only an hour apart. I just think it’s funny/pathetic to dodge a good local team.
A lot of people "dodge" Stanislaus, and it's not only because they are good.

A lot of people "dodge" Stanislaus, and it's not only because they are good.
you must be a Mustang parent. I don’t know what there is to be scared of by playing SUSC? The kids play hard and fair, not one dirty player on the team (that I’ve seen in the 8-9 games I’ve seen them play). Maybe you’re scared because it might hurt your ecnl recruiting if you lose to non ecnl teams ‍♀️

Had to look at this thread as it is funny that anyone cares at the 08 level about dodging least of all Mustang who in my limited knowledge and interactions with the club wouldn't seem to need to dodge. Eventually if they are near Danville and have skill they will end up there :)
Like when people were talking about the San Juan 06's as the next bestest evers

I don’t think it is as big of a deal as you think. Main draw of out of state tournaments is to play teams you don’t usually have the opportunity to play against especially at this age. To ask for a different opponent for a consolation game is not common but as a parent traveling out of state, I would appreciate the coach doing this.

Back