MLS youth league

I wonder why parents/players specially from FCGS, RSC & Pats, are cramming out the try out lists from LAUFA & TFA
Look at the Glendale Complex and be ready for a big surprise.

Have to limit the number of players out each session for sure so invite only at this point but yeah lots of Interest even if it's pretty late. Golden State was out there also up into recently,.they moved out to Chino I was told.

Both clubs have u13-u19 teams planned for MLS-EYDP
I believe LA Surf has at least U13-U17 for MLS_EYDP as well, perhaps with authorization to grow to U19 next year too. Only returning DA clubs where I have seen specific limits are Santa Barbara (U13-U14 - not sure they applied for older age groups) and some of the new expansion clubs that weren't previously in DA.

how much are non MLS team charging to play in this league ? I thought the fee was $ 500 but a friend told me non MLS team is charging $ 1900.00

Sounders Academy has started training.

Good to hear and word on when your game play or scheduling will be released or start?

how much are non MLS team charging to play in this league ? I thought the fee was $ 500 but a friend told me non MLS team is charging $ 1900.00

If you're talking about club+ team fees it's thousands for the SD teams according to my sons friends. The league fees are around 2k we where told.

How many teams or players have actually register with MLS-EYDP and not just Cal South since they don't sanction this league but do for the other offshoot the EA league which hasn't released any info or scheduling either.

We are training weekly but still very little info about scheduling or games in the near future.

How about the local MLS teams, any updates? Still virtual or are there plans for on person for Sept? Galaxy school on-line but not in person? What about training?

Kind of use our local MLS clubs as a gauge when there back in person think we're closer to having something for the fall.

Good to hear and word on when your game play or scheduling will be released or start?

If you're talking about club+ team fees it's thousands for the SD teams according to my sons friends. The league fees are around 2k we where told.

How many teams or players have actually register with MLS-EYDP and not just Cal South since they don't sanction this league but do for the other offshoot the EA league which hasn't released any info or scheduling either.

We are training weekly but still very little info about scheduling or games in the near future.

How about the local MLS teams, any updates? Still virtual or are there plans for on person for Sept? Galaxy school on-line but not in person? What about training?

Kind of use our local MLS clubs as a gauge when there back in person think we're closer to having something for the fall.
Supposedly we're still scheduled for Sept 12 start in SD, but I don't think any of our coaches or DOC think it will happen. We were told that for the first phase of the season that we would be playing the other SD MLS clubs plus Murrieta Surf, which would make sense. As far as I know, all the SD MLS clubs are actively practicing in person. We just moved from 4 1/2 hours of training a week to 8 hours apparently in anticipation that we might be playing in the next couple months. I think that's wishful thinking, particularly in light of last Friday's event. I just don't see any game play starting before 2021, but wouldn't be surprised to see some "rogue" scrimmages before then.

We haven't started practicing yet not sure why and no other information has been released. Friends at LAFC received training gear but I haven't heard anything about actually practicing yet. Old GS friend that plays for Surf now said they signed a Cal South form. I really don't think there will be league play until 2021.

We haven't started practicing yet not sure why and no other information has been released. Friends at LAFC received training gear but I haven't heard anything about actually practicing yet. Old GS friend that plays for Surf now said they signed a Cal South form. I really don't think there will be league play until 2021.
LAFC starts Saturday in smaller cohorts, 2-3 cohorts per team.

youtube.com/watch?v=7RyG_z…Not sure what this means, but it's more interesting than the 100 and stupid degree temperatures...
RT: @SSAEliteSoccer
@MLS Elite Youth League ANNOUNCEMENT: Southern Soccer Academy is excited to join @mls tomorrow and share the launch of their NEW Elite Youth League! ⠀ Please use the link in our Bio and the launch party on Monday, SEP 7th at 3 PM ET

View attachment 8946
There are a few other other youth clubs in the MLS league promoting this on social media (none in SoCal), but not as many as you would expect given the big guns MLS is bringing out to speak on the program (Garner, Berhalter, Tyler Adams, Jordan Morris etc). Not sure what to make of it.

youtube.com/watch?v=7RyG_z…Not sure what this means, but it's more interesting than the 100 and stupid degree temperatures...
RT: @SSAEliteSoccer
@MLS Elite Youth League ANNOUNCEMENT: Southern Soccer Academy is excited to join @mls tomorrow and share the launch of their NEW Elite Youth League! ⠀ Please use the link in our Bio and the launch party on Monday, SEP 7th at 3 PM ET

View attachment 8946
Nice production but low on substance. I like the MLS Next branding. Seems that MLS is serious about supporting it...cautiously optimistic.

Nice production but low on substance. I like the MLS Next branding. Seems that MLS is serious about supporting it...cautiously optimistic.

Marketing....pretty soon or maybe already your going to start to see stuff like..

Are you the next one...join us

The next big thing....join us

Next....fill in the blanks....come to tryouts

Anyway let's hope one of these days Socal youth can actually properly train as a team.

Nice to get new kits but hope my player actually gets to use them, see the whole team again at training and play without getting together privately in small numbers...that to me would be the real NEXT...

Back