MLS youth league

This feels like a new restriction, but I don’t think it is. I see this as the state asserting its authority on previous guidance (or lack of). This “camp” approach was a loophole OC used. Looks like they got their hand slapped. I wish it would’ve stuck, but the governor has been threatening enforcement lately and here it is. Unfortunate, but now all of SoCal has to wait for state level guidance specific to youth sports. Still hopeful, but a little less so each day that passes with no plan.
It's a slap on the hand to the individual Counties' leadership, but a backhand to the face of our youth. Practices under day camp guidance have been operating for a month now with the implied consent of the State with zero evidence of spread or breakouts. "Here kid, here is a piece of candy. Yum, doesn't that taste good? NOW SPIT IT OUT!" Meanwhile, drinking establishments have been proven sources of the spread, but Newsom's winery remains open. Please spare me the argument that Napa Valley is doing well and that's why he hasn't closed his winery. He exerts his closure power over the whole state and every county while usurping the authority of County leadership whenever he finds it convenient. The good news is that San Diego is holding firm right now with youth practice under Day Camp guidance...we will see how long that lasts.

In response to the questions regarding the start of the MLS league, I don't know anything other than that's when it supposed to start. I'm not holding my breath but at some point the league had to post a starting date.

It's a slap on the hand to the individual Counties' leadership, but a backhand to the face of our youth. Practices under day camp guidance have been operating for a month now with the implied consent of the State with zero evidence of spread or breakouts. "Here kid, here is a piece of candy. Yum, doesn't that taste good? NOW SPIT IT OUT!" Meanwhile, drinking establishments have been proven sources of the spread, but Newsom's winery remains open. Please spare me the argument that Napa Valley is doing well and that's why he hasn't closed his winery. He exerts his closure power over the whole state and every county while usurping the authority of County leadership whenever he finds it convenient. The good news is that San Diego is holding firm right now with youth practice under Day Camp guidance...we will see how long that lasts.

In response to the questions regarding the start of the MLS league, I don't know anything other than that's when it supposed to start. I'm not holding my breath but at some point the league had to post a starting date.
This is wear we r at. Someone with balls needs to test this BS!! Let's go San Diego. Let's have a all star game played in 4 weeks.

Next week's tentative restart for MLS practice has been pushed back to TBA in Socal.

Please Update if you have info to share or if the other markets are doing things differently?

Next week's tentative restart for MLS practice has been pushed back to TBA in Socal.

Please Update if you have info to share or if the other markets are doing things differently?
Sounders also don't have an official start date for in person training.

Now pushed back to 8/3. Deciding on in-person or virtual at a later date.

I’m am hearing direct from some non MLS clubs that they have had no communication with MLS about the league. Some have gone as far as scheduling 10-15 friendlies in the fall just so their teams can get some game time. They are tired of waiting around for MLS so they are taking matters into their own hands.

I’m am hearing direct from some non MLS clubs that they have had no communication with MLS about the league. Some have gone as far as scheduling 10-15 friendlies in the fall just so their teams can get some game time. They are tired of waiting around for MLS so they are taking matters into their own hands.

Interviews via Zoom with MLS happened last week for new clubs who applied. Rejection emails began going out this week.

So what boys clubs in San Diego and Orange County are training? Camps or not whatever they are calling it, who is training?

If the MLS clubs play home games in the fall the youth league is likely to follow permitting restrictions.

If not late Feb/Spring will be the start of league along with USL A and HS.

Neither of the local MLS youth sides have been group in person training, besides some more virtual stuff staring up when school does there are only TBA dates so far.

US soccer federation came out with the final return to play calling for 7-12weeks before competition starts back up. Assuming that is followed which I think it will be by October is the best case for start of play.

The MLS teams here ain’t talking yet...was to be late July but pushed indefinitely.

5 clubs or whatever doing drills in another county doesn't really do anything to move the process along.

We need youth sports guidance from the state to keep moving forward and open more facilities open. Most local public owned facilities just won't open unless the counties, local authorities give there blessings.

If the MLS clubs play home games in the fall the youth league is likely to follow permitting restrictions.

If not late Feb/Spring will be the start of league along with USL A and HS.

Neither of the local MLS youth sides have been group in person training, besides some more virtual stuff staring up when school does there are only TBA dates so far.

US soccer federation came out with the final return to play calling for 7-12weeks before competition starts back up. Assuming that is followed which I think it will be by October is the best case for start of play.
that would be great. just some definite time frame, please...
that would mean starting practice in september, which is only a month away.

Hello Club Directors

First and foremost, thank you for your interest in the Elite Youth Development Platform. We appreciate the effort that you and your staff spent to prepare your application and the energy you brought to our discussions.

A quick update that as of 7 pm ET this evening, we have completed the expansion club interviews. The MLS Player Development Department will review all of the applications over the next few days. During our evaluation process, we may need to reach out to you for additional information. Our goal is to communicate final admissions decisions for the upcoming season by mid to late next week.

Thank you for your interest in the EYDP and we will be in touch very soon.

Player Development
Major League Soccer
www.MLSsoccer.com

Back