MLS Next U15 Qualifiers

HERE IS TO A GREAT WEEKEND OF FUTBAL THIS WEEKEND BOYS!!! WISHING EVERYONE A GREAT WEEKEND- AND BE SAFE WITH TRAVELING AND PLAY ON THE FIELD. LOOKING FORWARD TO HEARING THE BREAKDOWNS AND EXCITING MATCHUP-- LETS GO BOY!!!!
Why are you yelling?
haha. Good luck all. Anyway any of us can help any of you class of 22 kids make connections with coaches, post in here and we’ll help!

Attachments

• 1EB652E5-6794-4DF9-91E0-E4A16B29E7E5.jpeg
    1EB652E5-6794-4DF9-91E0-E4A16B29E7E5.jpeg
    253.1 KB · Views: 37
  • 96F0AD1C-112C-4372-82AE-6F2F5541936E.jpeg
    96F0AD1C-112C-4372-82AE-6F2F5541936E.jpeg
    243.2 KB · Views: 39
If you do it by GDPG (I heard that it might the official measure, but that's not confirmed) then you get very similar results:

No thanks. That moves Galaxy from 12th to 11th. haha.

(And for anyone else who spent waaaay too long trying to figure out what GDPG meant: Goal Differential Per Game.)

How were these kids chosen? Some good talent and some not so talented. Many that should have been there were not. Then again, not sure how they were picked.
I assume like everything else there were some politics involved. Only saw 1st half, but I was impressed overall. Sounds like I missed a goal fest in the 2nd half.

I hope none of your were stuck in the south parking lots around 4 on Sunday.

I assume like everything else there were some politics involved. Only saw 1st half, but I was impressed overall. Sounds like I missed a goal fest in the 2nd half.

I hope none of your were stuck in the south parking lots around 4 on Sunday.

MLS Next chose a few clubs to send a player. Clubs decided.

I'd say I was still in the parking lot waiting to leave but I had zero cell reception so if I was still there I couldn't be online here. lol

So I got confirmation of the actual formula used for the seeding, and the result is:

View attachment 12298
thank you for the chart-- quick question, I thought I saw somewhere that there was a part 2 to the Showcase/ GA seeding program- or was that just a senior moment on my part? for some reason I thought in the MLS Next schedule that was released in Aug/ Sept. 2021- there where 2 dates for the teams.. a Fall and a Spring.. anyone,... anyone ???

thank you for the chart-- quick question, I thought I saw somewhere that there was a part 2 to the Showcase/ GA seeding program- or was that just a senior moment on my part? for some reason I thought in the MLS Next schedule that was released in Aug/ Sept. 2021- there where 2 dates for the teams.. a Fall and a Spring.. anyone,... anyone ???

MLS clubs have been given the April 9-17th clear on the schedules for the actual GA Cup. Good luck figuring out where it is, when exactly it is, how it will be ranked, who will be there and basically anything else concerning anything that any reasonable parent may want to know.

MLS clubs have been given the April 9-17th clear on the schedules for the actual GA Cup. Good luck figuring out where it is, when exactly it is, how it will be ranked, who will be there and basically anything else concerning anything that any reasonable parent may want to know.
i also saw that there is an end of June to early July tournament-- so maybe the April is the time frame for the Spring continuation of seeding..

i also saw that there is an end of June to early July tournament-- so maybe the April is the time frame for the Spring continuation of seeding..

MLS Next Playoffs & Showcase: June 25-July 3rd. Location rumored to be Oceanside.
GA Cup is April, one and done in that event.

MLS Next Playoffs & Showcase: June 25-July 3rd. Location rumored to be Oceanside.

How certain are you that it’s in California?? I’m hearing Dallas again. Hoping for CA.
Also, are there any consolation games for the GA CUP? Is it really one loss and go home?

How certain are you that it’s in California?? I’m hearing Dallas again. Hoping for CA.
Also, are there any consolation games for the GA CUP? Is it really one loss and go home?
Eh.... a friend of a friend who knows someone who went to school with a guy who trains a kid who tried out for an MLS club said Oceanside.
kidding...
I'm 100% confident of the dates. I've heard multiple people say Oceanside, but wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't. So... if your source is better...

As far as one and done... I wasn't clear. I meant the event of GA cup is one singular event, not another round of seeding. That wasn't unclear, my bad.
I've actually heard the rumor that it is 4 groups of 4, with group play setting the semi's. But that's all conjecture.

I just remembered. A friend back east heard that the GA Cup would coincide with Dallas Cup... Like be a part of it or something. Not sure on that.

So, that would be a second to your source.

sorry to ask- trying to catch up.... GA cup is different than the playoff/ showcase event? and what did the December round of games decide? thank you for explaining- asking for a friend

sorry to ask- trying to catch up.... GA cup is different than the playoff/ showcase event? and what did the December round of games decide? thank you for explaining- asking for a friend
The seeding is done. That was the purpose of the GA cup qualifier. Every club that took part in the GA cup qualifier is going to the GA cup, but their seed # will determine the group they end up in.

Seeding is used to create the groups. Like in many other competitions (Champions League, etc) seeding is used to avoid having all the strong teams in the same group. That would be detrimental to the quality of the competition, since only 1 or 2 team makes it out of a group and advances.

So, if you had 4 groups (for instance), then seed #1 goes to group 1, Seed #2 group 2, etc, and then Seed #5 in group 1, seed #6 in group 2, etc... You end up with well-balanced groups and top-contenders have a good chance to advance to the post-group rounds.

Was that your question or did I just spend 1,000 words to tell you what you already knew?

Back