Missing results on tournaments

Anyone know why these results are not showing up? There was a huge upset in this bracket at the strikers Irvine tournament. Strikers EA lost to a flight 1 strikers north team but the results are not showing up. Is this on purpose to protect the top ranked strikers ea team?

No idea on this - But a quick comment on tournaments lately. It seems that whoever the host of the tournament is (strikers, west coast, slammers, etc) has at least 70% of the teams playing from some version of their club. Could be an affiliate of some sort.
At what point does it not make financial sense to hold tournaments where all of the money coming in is from your own club?
At what point do parents and players say "why are we spending all weekend playing teams that we can scrimmage during the week for free?"

Intra-club tournaments are the thing this weekend. My G2009 team is playing in the Slammers' tournament. In my team's group, 6 of 8 (75%) are Slammer's teams.

L.A. Surf is also having its Summer Showcase this weekend. Brackets are not posted yet. But I would guess that 2/3 of the teams in that tournament will come from Surf and it's affiliates. The cost of the tournament is $1,100 for a G2009 team. The tournament is supposed to be about getting college scouts to look at your team. What college coach is going to scout 12-year olds? I cannot justify paying those rates for a G2009 team.

Intra-club tournaments are the thing this weekend. My G2009 team is playing in the Slammers' tournament. In my team's group, 6 of 8 (75%) are Slammer's teams.

L.A. Surf is also having its Summer Showcase this weekend. Brackets are not posted yet. But I would guess that 2/3 of the teams in that tournament will come from Surf and it's affiliates. The cost of the tournament is $1,100 for a G2009 team. The tournament is supposed to be about getting college scouts to look at your team. What college coach is going to scout 12-year olds? I cannot justify paying those rates for a G2009 team.
Take a look at the Toyota of Orange Classic from last week. A CDA Slammers Tournament.
I didnt pay much attention on the boys side, but for the girls in at least the 2006 and above age groups- 80%+ of the teams were wearing a capelli slammers kit.

Somebody was lazy and didn't bother to enter results, loosing has a habit of trying to forget.

Nowadays, basically two types of tournaments, major ones and everything/body else. The majors are the only ones that draw anything close to diverse groups of competition and cast a very big net.

Normal clubs tournaments are now mostly expensive scrimmages vs affiliates, intra competition, or locals.

Somebody was lazy and didn't bother to enter results, loosing has a habit of trying to forget.

Nowadays, basically two types of tournaments, major ones and everything/body else. The majors are the only ones that draw anything close to diverse groups of competition and cast a very big net.

Normal clubs tournaments are now mostly expensive scrimmages vs affiliates, intra competition, or locals.

Yep- If you aren't playing in the top bracket of something like Surf Cup- you can expect to play at least 2 of your 3 games against a team from the club that is hosting the tournament. And if you are "just" a SoCal League Team- be prepared to face their ECNL team at some point. I used to enjoy going to tournaments to play teams we wouldn't normally face in league or that were too far away to set up a friendly.

Anyone know why these results are not showing up? There was a huge upset in this bracket at the strikers Irvine tournament. Strikers EA lost to a flight 1 strikers north team but the results are not showing up. Is this on purpose to protect the top ranked strikers ea team?

youth soccer rankings has had issues with duplicate teams. I have noticed this with several teams. Find another team that played in that tournament and click on their team through the team that has the results and you might find there is another team getting tournament results.

youth soccer rankings has had issues with duplicate teams. I have noticed this with several teams. Find another team that played in that tournament and click on their team through the team that has the results and you might find there is another team getting tournament results.
Who is Strikers HB CM?

Back