ManCity Tournament Schedule

How does everyone compare this tournament to Surf Cup. Supposedly there was alot of teams that tried to registered ...
Same location but what about talent pool?

How does everyone compare this tournament to Surf Cup. Supposedly there was alot of teams that tried to registered ...

Its is a great event. Talent depends on the age. Nowhere near as strong as Surf Cup.

Its is a great event. Talent depends on the age. Nowhere near as strong as Surf Cup.

Actually it is getting there. It's in the same boat as Surf Thanksgiving and run by the same people. It also allow finalists automatic entry into Surf Cup. It 's definitely a very well run tournament.

Great tournament. It is run just as well as Surf Cup. You will see a lot of the same teams playing this tournament that will be playing Surf Cup.

Tournament is still only a few years old and off to a good start. Cerritos is still the stronger talent wise tournament for Memorial IMO (I don't know all ages), however no way that MC won't challenge that as the years progress. We chose Cerritos as result of typically better comp and no need to spend on hotels in SD for Memorial Day if you don't have to when SL is largely local.

Tournament is still only a few years old and off to a good start. Cerritos is still the stronger talent wise tournament for Memorial IMO (I don't know all ages), however no way that MC won't challenge that as the years progress. We chose Cerritos as result of typically better comp and no need to spend on hotels in SD for Memorial Day if you don't have to when SL is largely local.

Actually Cerritos WAS a better tournament. It's not the case anymore. I used to take my older teams to Cerritos, but since Man City started, would not go to Cerritos anymore. I'd rather go to San Diego and play at one venue than be all over the map at Cerritos. Man City is better organized and competition is as good if not better.
Cerritos only got good competition at certain age groups with few international teams.

Olders now play all games at Silverlakes.

Older BOYS only....the girls arent so lucky! Would hope that one day they would put all the olders at Silverlakes.

Boys Teams 2018 Venues:
  • Silverlakes Sports Complex
  • Ontario Sports Complex
  • Mt San Antonio College
  • Fairplex Soccer Complex
  • Veterans Soccer Park
Girls Teams 2018 Venues:
  • California State University Long Beach
  • Long Beach City College
  • Golden West College
  • Huntington Beach High School
  • Marina High School