Man City Cup and the CA Rules

NewUser27

SILVER
Any definite answer as too the format for this tournament. Is it back to normal or single day elimination , or does it not apply since it private land

Any definite answer as too the format for this tournament. Is it back to normal or single day elimination , or does it not apply since it private land
Case rates are down to very low levels and it’s reasonable to expect many more counties will join LA County ( by far the largest in Calif ) and move to the minimal tier ( lowest risk ) tomorrow. I believe it’s possible Manchester City managers are thinking that with these very low rates and hopefully most counties in the minimal risk tier , they have a reasonable chance to get approval from government authorities to use their normal format with perhaps just masks and/or social distancing restrictions. After all it appears we will be fully open ( whatever that means ) by June 15 just 2 weeks after this tournament starts .

Just my speculation, I have no inside info . And if someone really knows , please educate us .

isn't oceanside own by a private group and thats how they've been able to get away with scrimmage this whole time?

isn't oceanside own by a private group and thats how they've been able to get away with scrimmage this whole time?

No, the biggest reason that they were able to get away with it is because it is fairly hidden so not a lot of people notice. You can't complain about something that you don't know exists.

It is operated by user agreement with the city(?) and Surf Cup Sports, I believe. Espola can probably even has a copy of the management contract so he would be the one to ask.

No, the biggest reason that they were able to get away with it is because it is fairly hidden so not a lot of people notice. You can't complain about something that you don't know exists.

It is operated by user agreement with the city(?) and Surf Cup Sports, I believe. Espola can probably even has a copy of the management contract so he would be the one to ask.

I am not a resident of Oceanside so I have no status to complain, and -- It has been interesting watching from afar as the promises of a large grassy park with winding trails and shaded picnic benches with athletic fields scattered about turned into what we have now.

Okay, that first graphic is high comedy. One of those baseball fields is positioned on basically the side of the hill. Good to know they weren't planning on spraying water on the parking lot all the time, though.

Okay, that first graphic is high comedy. One of those baseball fields is positioned on basically the side of the hill. Good to know they weren't planning on spraying water on the parking lot all the time, though.

The first graphic is what was presented to the citizens of Oceanside when the City Council was looking for support/approval of their development plans for the site (Note: It was originally one of the largest silica-sand quarries in the country, but the deposit had been played out so the owners donated it to the City for the tax deduction). I don't have the drive to look for the lease agreement right now, but as I recall residents of Oceanside have the right to use the jogging trail around the perimeter without charge (no parking fee?) and there is supposed to be at least one field available for local soccer teams.

dad4
“ 3 games is enough for an 8 team elimination tournament.
Winners play winners, losers play losers. 3 game guarantee and you still get semifinals and finals. It’s what norcal does for the top 8 teams in state cup. “

I love this idea from Dad4 posted on a different string .
8 team brackets . Could have top bracket , 2nd bracket, etc.
Starts as a tournament for everyone, lose and it turns into a showcase for your remaining games .

first game = rd of 8
Win - then 2nd game is semi finals
Win - then 3rd game is final
Win - you are champion.

lose first game its a showcase for next 2
games .

Perfect way to have a tournament with one game a day and a champion. I hope Manchester City thinks of this .
Thanks Dad 4

This ain't no lie that people don't know about it. I work in the San Gabriel Valley and a couple of weeks ago, the branch manager of the Oceanside branch was at my work. When I found out he worked out of Oceanside, I mentioned that I spend a lot of time down there because of soccer and my kids plat at the SoCal Sports Complex. His reply was "where's that??". I pulled out the Google Maps and it's 3.5 miles from the Oceanside branch...He had no clue and he's been there for 3 years....lol

The Oceanside fields saved us from driving to Lancaster. Can I get an Amen? That field is doing it's part to save the planet from catastrophic disaster by shortening soccer commutes.

The Oceanside fields saved us from driving to Lancaster. Can I get an Amen? That field is doing it's part to save the planet from catastrophic disaster by shortening soccer commutes.
Definitely not a commute saver on my end, but worth the drive for a game. Lancaster is awful for games for so many reasons.

Back