Let's Talk Cleats

My DD is about done growing, so I don'd mind spending a little extra for the right cleats.
We play on a combination of turf (the newer stuff with the cork or rubber infill) or So Cal grass (grass for a few weeks and then mostly hard dirt the rest of the year).
What is the latest on the right sole plate/cleat to use?

I've not been a fan of the bladed cleat design (heard they aren't great for the knees on turf and hard ground), but it seems that the Nike Hypervenom now has a combination of conical studs on the inside and bladed on the outside.
Anybody try the New Balance Visaro cleats? New Balance known for comfort has put their footprint in the baseball arena over the past few years and now is trying to slash into soccer. Tried them in the stores felt great just haven't been able to pull the trigger - mentally I think hard to get past Nike and Adidas...

My 03 kids feet are growing. From size 9 to size 11 in the last year and a half. Days of the $70 cleats were gone for me 3 years ago. He has worn Adidas, now Nikes but looking at Pumas. He tried the new Puma Vigor 1 and he said they were very comfortable. Anybody with any experience with Puma Cleats?

Anybody try the New Balance Visaro cleats? New Balance known for comfort has put their footprint in the baseball arena over the past few years and now is trying to slash into soccer. Tried them in the stores felt great just haven't been able to pull the trigger - mentally I think hard to get past Nike and Adidas...
Both my kids wear the Visaro cleats in wide widths. They like them since they fit, unlike anything from Nike, or Addidas. Back before New Balance started producing soccer cleats, DD was going through a pair of cleats on average about once a month. She killed a pair of Tiempos in less than two weeks. A pair of Copas lasted less than three months. Asics also makes a wide cleat.

For all shoes, I hate Nike. I just think they make a crap product. They are stylish but I think you are mostly paying for cool styling and athlete sponsorship.
How much of that $250 Nike shoe is going to Neymar, CR7, Alex Morgan, etc?

But my oldest kid does wear Nike soccer cleats. Mostly because of the style. And some because the hyper venom women's fit her foot really well.
Why hasn't adidas released a copa in women's sizing?

For all shoes, I hate Nike. I just think they make a crap product. They are stylish but I think you are mostly paying for cool styling and athlete sponsorship.
How much of that $250 Nike shoe is going to Neymar, CR7, Alex Morgan, etc?

But my oldest kid does wear Nike soccer cleats. Mostly because of the style. And some because the hyper venom women's fit her foot really well.
Why hasn't adidas released a copa in women's sizing?
My daughter only will wear Nike, we have good luck with their product and with the 2 year warranty and great customer service we will not be changing anytime soon.
Those fricken Copas weigh a ton.

While in college I worked with sporting equipment representatives (Nike, Adidas, Pumas, etc) and learned a great deal about their products. As player I asked many a question about cleats and learned that the top of line soccer footwear were not worth the cost because the added features/specifications to the shoes themselves did not necessarily improve the quality or performance of the shoe as promised. I still refer to that bit of knowledge. I do wear Nike but only buy from the Tiempo line and do not go above the $120 mark as their is no real benefit to buying up for the $250 pair.

Omg, those are ridiculous. You know a kid is going to get ridiculed if they step onto a pitch with those things on their feet.
In general if a car looks like a shoe (or a fish), I usually think it is ugly. This shoe reminds me of a Ford Edsel. The theory behind it is interesting however.

Back