Let Them Play CA

Who said there is a single cause driving cases?

You have several factors each making the situation worse. Some are essential, and some are completely unnecessary.

I am just saying it is important to minimize the unnecessary factors.

As to the first sentence, you did when you said socialization was to blame.

As to the second, it shows your "i" bias thinking that socialization is completely unnecessary. For a high e it's actually very essential and remote doesn't really cut it.

As to the third, that's been the issue all along....other people making the decision over what's a necessary or unnecessary factor (all along choosing to ignore those decisions when they go about their own business whether it's BLM protests, French laundry, haircuts, going to outdoor dining and then voting to ban it, or planning to go to out of state tournaments)

I’m happy to play.

The kids want to play too... as in Let Them Play.

Sometimes you just gotta know when you’re not the smartest person in the room. I hear that kind of wisdom comes from an adult perspective.

.... or someone would need just enough self awareness to realize that they’ve lost their audience in an online forum.

Aside from the fact you just denied the same, just a few posts ago.... “kicker started it”... mature, not.

Ironic that it was a Dad that asked you to behave and follow the rules of the forum. Your response was predictably juvenile.

Responsibility, like ‘adulting’ may be out of your grasp at present.

I’ll adult when magats adult. So probably never. Or maybe on inauguration day I will turn a new leaf and wait for the first trumpanzee to start making up s**t about Newsom, or making derogatory comments about race or sexual orientation. Or do you think we can safely dispense with formalities given the inevitability of their behavior?

Magat desperation is palpable. So much losing. Bigly.

Lost the election. Lost congress. Lost everything they want in CA. Lost more than 60 lawsuits. Lost their coup. Lost their claim the election was stolen. What a sorry bunch of sad sacks. Just like their sad loser leader who can’t even muster the “courage” to show up to the inauguration. So pathetic. And starting tomorrow they will be forced to endure complete sentences.
In the meantime -

I’ll adult when magats adult. So probably never. Or maybe on inauguration day I will turn a new leaf and wait for the first trumpanzee to start making up s**t about Newsom, or making derogatory comments about race or sexual orientation. Or do you think we can safely dispense with formalities given the inevitability of their behavior?

It’s off topic... you can be a juvenile fool all the time here.

You are quite the comedian. You don't have the capacity to adult. But it will be fun to see you try. I don't even think you can have an adult futbol conversation. But anyway, I yield the floor... Enjoy the rest of your evening

Reductio ad absurdum is beyond you. You’re just proving in your own words that you won’t or can’t ‘adult’. Yes, by extension that means there are magats and racists out there along with bigots like you that won’t change.

As to the first sentence, you did when you said socialization was to blame.

As to the second, it shows your "i" bias thinking that socialization is completely unnecessary. For a high e it's actually very essential and remote doesn't really cut it.

As to the third, that's been the issue all along....other people making the decision over what's a necessary or unnecessary factor (all along choosing to ignore those decisions when they go about their own business whether it's BLM protests, French laundry, haircuts, going to outdoor dining and then voting to ban it, or planning to go to out of state tournaments)
Who said you have to be indoors in order to socialize? Most of us are healthy enough to survive a few minutes outside, despite the severe socal winters.

So go outside. Spend some time in the big room with the blue ceiling. Take a walk and talk with friends.

You don't have to be inside with a plate of food and a drink in your hand in order to be social.

Who said you have to be indoors in order to socialize? Most of us are healthy enough to survive a few minutes outside, despite the severe socal winters.

So go outside. Spend some time in the big room with the blue ceiling. Take a walk and talk with friends.

You don't have to be inside with a plate of food and a drink in your hand in order to be social.

Agree but like the indoor dining, the indoor gatherings aren’t what’s primarily driving it. If everyone were to listen to you you’d still have pretty much the same curve because: 1. Work (the worst outbreaks are in zip codes where people are working) and 2. Masks are imperfect...if your friend on the walk is sick and you two spend a significant amount of time together you might very well also get sick. You are dealing with the margins, not controlling it. On an individual basis per event going indoors and eating together is much more risky than an outdoor walk. On a macro basis it doesn’t make much of a difference because that chicken processor is spending overwhelmingly more time indoors working than hanging out so for him the marginal increase in risk is minuscule.

you are killing me with the n btw. How can you be mr data and still be an n? It does explain the politics though. We’re you only borderline n?

Agree but like the indoor dining, the indoor gatherings aren’t what’s primarily driving it. If everyone were to listen to you you’d still have pretty much the same curve because: 1. Work (the worst outbreaks are in zip codes where people are working) and 2. Masks are imperfect...if your friend on the walk is sick and you two spend a significant amount of time together you might very well also get sick. You are dealing with the margins, not controlling it. On an individual basis per event going indoors and eating together is much more risky than an outdoor walk. On a macro basis it doesn’t make much of a difference because that chicken processor is spending overwhelmingly more time indoors working than hanging out so for him the marginal increase in risk is minuscule.

you are killing me with the n btw. How can you be mr data and still be an n? It does explain the politics though. We’re you only borderline n?
You'll understand me best as a center right math geek.

Work is no more the single cause than anything else. You would never have had a Thanksgiving spike if it were all about work. You would have seen a nationwide dip in cases as workplaces shut down for a couple days. The non-work factors are also major.

And you have the macro things flipped. A 5% drop in single event individual transmission risk is small. A 5% drop in transmissibility is huge.

Not sure how to explain it. It's a question of difference equations and differential equations, not "shape of the curve" analysis. You can't get there with precalc. You need the heavy machinery.

You'll understand me best as a center right math geek.

Work is no more the single cause than anything else. You would never have had a Thanksgiving spike if it were all about work. You would have seen a nationwide dip in cases as workplaces shut down for a couple days. The non-work factors are also major.

And you have the macro things flipped. A 5% drop in single event individual transmission risk is small. A 5% drop in transmissibility is huge.

you are not factoring in time. Let’s set the base line for the chicken processor for 1 hour as our unit of measure (it should probably be 15-20 minutes since that seems to be the time period over which masks break down and viral loads get sufficiently high, but let’s keep it simple). So at work the chicken processor over the course of a week is taking 8 risks per day in a high risk setting over the course of 5-6 days. So 40 rolls of the dice (and really you have to then factor in the number of people he is also interacting with over the course of that time). But if he goes to visit his buddy he is only taking 1 roll of the dice. Given the chances of exposure his work over time is significantly (by multiple factors) more risky than an indoor one off meeting with his buddy.

The n though is still blowing my mind. If you were a high data guy the n shouldn’t be possible. It would tend to indicate you think you are data guy but are really an intuitive guy and that’s affecting therefore how you are interpreting the data...it would explain a lot (when coupled with the j) of why you lean so heavily into data (and so often get it so smack right) but then the interpretation tends to skew. The theory is also elegant because it explains the politics (and that you think you are center right but very clearly arent)

ENTP here to add some flavor.

N and data driven are not incongruent. Scientists need to assert the right hypnosis and use the right data sets to evaluate their hypothesis. Solving equations is a form of logical proof, the thought process to approach an equation with a novel strategy requires intuition. Picking the right data set or conditions/variables to explore a hypothesis, also intuitive in nature.

Maybe Elementary Math Teacher is your frame of reference? At higher levels, perhaps excepting statistics, things get a bit more abstract or theoretical where N is not a limiting factor, but a benefit.

N and data driven are not incongruent. Scientists need to assert the right hypnosis and use the right data sets to evaluate their hypothesis. Solving equations is a form of logical proof, the thought process to approach an equation with a novel strategy requires intuition. Picking the right data set or conditions/variables to explore a hypothesis, also intuitive in nature.

Maybe Elementary Math Teacher is your frame of reference? At higher levels, perhaps excepting statistics, things get a bit more abstract or theoretical where N is not a limiting factor, but a benefit.

I’d also say that for any application of Myers-Briggs personality types, you need to consider both natural and adaptive scoring. Ie. One may answer questions differently when envisioning themselves in a neutral vs work environment.

I’d also say that for any application of Myers-Briggs personality types, you need to consider both natural and adaptive scoring. Ie. One may answer questions differently when envisioning themselves in a neutral vs work environment.
Or if one recognizes the objective of the test.

You may literally be the dumbest person alive not named @crush or grace karen. Do you have another fake example how Gavin is only in it for himself, or are you finally beginning to realize that the Qanon whackadoos who feed you these conspiracy theories are full of s**t?

I might be dum dum and still alive, but no one can say I dont love my dd. I had to protect her from few naughty men who lied every time they spoke and were treating woman and girls like shit!!!

Baby.jpg

Are you ok with a grown man dressed as a woman using the same restroom with your daughter inside? That's the policy change on day 1 according to Bidens cabinet secretary there. Trump made it illegal.
Gen X and older might have a problem with bathroom sharing. Younger generations are more open to these changes going on. My neighbors have 3 kids in their 20’s. Husband and wife are pro trump. Kids are completely against that. Bottom line who cares what she/he looks like. I just want someone that can communicate without insulting the reporters all the time. I couldn’t stand watching the young lady with an attitude.

With news that the new strain is more contagious to kids and the vaccine is not as effective, we are screwed!!! We are far away from herd immunity but then again some counties have a population of 1 of every 7 (8) with the virus. Time to open up in March and let’s just move forward regardless of what happens. Covid spikes will be here again in October (just like the flu but much stronger).

With news that the new strain is more contagious to kids and the vaccine is not as effective, we are screwed!!! We are far away from herd immunity but then again some counties have a population of 1 of every 7 (8) with the virus. Time to open up in March and let’s just move forward regardless of what happens. Covid spikes will be here again in October (just like the flu but much stronger).
We would have been controlled and abused for much longer, but that is not going to happen. In fact, the demons WHO were doing all the controlling will be no more soon. Dont fear, God is here :)

first, let me give you our secret handshake

oh I have no doubt an n can be a great scientist or mathematician. As an off the scale n myself I think it might actually be an advantage in pursuing some problems. However when making the decisions they tend to trust their guts rather than the observable data. They aren’t afraid the question things even when the data set seems absolutely correct. It’s why for example when everyone in January was saying oh things will be fine I went against the cw and started to sound alarms, or when the models came out and said shut it down I started to question it. But they aren’t “trust the data” or “trust the science” people. They, like we entp, have a big flaw in sometimes selecting data to try and win debates and warp it to our preferred realities. Sound like anyone we know?

I think this could very well be correct. My ped aap friend gave a talk yesterday. Time table for kids vaccines is 16+ not until summer and depends on when jj and az vaccines approved 12-16 not until summer to mid fall. Under 12 not until winter (testing for this set Has been very limited and they are being careful before injecting say babies). The eu authorization like continues for a year which means the “experimental” label won’t be removed for a year to two years which means (unless Congress changes the law and immunity shields and picks a huge fight which likely ends in physical violence) no mass mandate til then. Jobs might incentivize you to get it (you don’t have to take it but you can only come back if vaccinated). Schools might do the same but it will result in lawsuits due to the huge data set surrounding unequal education received by remote students. Ticket providers theme parks and airlines might require it. But that’s as far as they can really go until the label is changed.

Back