Let Them Play CA

I don't really need my public officials to be eye candy.

If you need photos of beautiful blondes, the internet is there for you.

Agree, but in this case the more damning fact is that she ordered the ill people back into the care homes, but took her own mother out of it. That alone should be disqualifying.

O.k. I totally get the T (I was torn on that)....but an N really? Intuition is not data. If you really are a data guy it can't be an N! How does that reconcile? Data guy who thinks he's a data guy but isn't really (would also explain your political tendencies)?

In reality, truth is actually very fluid and subjective. The box doesn't prove anything about you. It does though help understand your tendencies and where you come from (such as predicting you'd settle on an explanation for Los Angeles and masks as opposed to being comfortable with maybe there isn't an explanation and I don't really need to have one) It help understand the argument, because the argument itself is at best superficially only 50% of the answer.
That's because I am not looking for a single variable answer. It isn't 100% socializing, or 100% masks.

But, socializing + workspace + masks + indoors + bars/restaurants + new variant + density begins to make sense.

In a way that "virus gonna virus" makes no sense.

I don't really need my public officials to be eye candy.

If you need photos of beautiful blondes, the internet is there for you.

Are you ok with a grown man dressed as a woman using the same restroom with your daughter inside? That's the policy change on day 1 according to Bidens cabinet secretary there. Trump made it illegal.

That's because I am not looking for a single variable answer. It isn't 100% socializing, or 100% masks.

But, socializing + workspace + masks + indoors + bars/restaurants + new variant + density begins to make sense.

In a way that "virus gonna virus" makes no sense.

Fair. But, as we've seen in Australia/New Zealand, it is true that if you reduce all social movement to near zero, you can control the virus. Anything short of that and you aren't going to control it.

Also if you look at it from your perspective: I'm at home and not going out much...socializing opens up a huge risk for me of potentially getting the virus. If you look at it from the perspective of the chicken plant worker: I'm working 6 days a week, in long shifts, standing shoulder to shoulder with people...I'm going to get sick since the masks don't seem to stop anything in these plants.....my friend had a birthday and wants to get a beer...I'm going to get it at work anyways so why am I denying myself the beer.

Are you ok with a grown man dressed as a woman using the same restroom with your daughter inside? That's the policy change on day 1 according to Bidens cabinet secretary there. Trump made it illegal.

Your daugjter is already used to it. And also used to accepting that her daddy is a homophobic douche. How does it feel to know your child has no respect for you?

Your daugjter is already used to it. And also used to accepting that her daddy is a homophobic douche. How does it feel to know your child has no respect for you?

Mighty big words attacking my family from behind your keyboard Ewok. You have no kids in youth soccer yet you frequent the youth soccer forum 24/7. you are a F'n pedofile lurking the internet for victims.

Mighty big words attacking my family from behind your keyboard Ewok. You have no kids in youth soccer yet you frequent the youth soccer forum 24/7. you are a F'n pedofile lurking the internet for victims.

I don’t need to know your kids to know how this will end for you. Estranged from your children without a doubt. From your defensive tone, I can tell even you know which way the wind is blowing.

Fair. But, as we've seen in Australia/New Zealand, it is true that if you reduce all social movement to near zero, you can control the virus. Anything short of that and you aren't going to control it.

Also if you look at it from your perspective: I'm at home and not going out much...socializing opens up a huge risk for me of potentially getting the virus. If you look at it from the perspective of the chicken plant worker: I'm working 6 days a week, in long shifts, standing shoulder to shoulder with people...I'm going to get sick since the masks don't seem to stop anything in these plants.....my friend had a birthday and wants to get a beer...I'm going to get it at work anyways so why am I denying myself the beer.
I don't think all the people in airports over Xmas paid for their plane tickets with poultry plant salaries. Those were mostly white collar travellers.

You're trying to use low income essential workers to justify recreational social gatherings for the middle and upper class.

nice one dude, even for you. Just couldn't help yourself. we already know your intellect ceiling is very low. At least your comfortable laying in the crap you spew.

Soccer will be back soon. New Special Bleach is coming to clean up all the evil, bad and ugly. We will come back soon with a fresh new appreciation for life :) Soccer will be used as a healing for so many children.

I don't think all the people in airports over Xmas paid for their plane tickets with poultry plant salaries. Those were mostly white collar travellers.

You're trying to use low income essential workers to justify recreational social gatherings for the middle and upper class.

Err....in my circles its working class Latino kids that play soccer so check your privilege there.

I'm also not seeking to justify anything with low income workers. 1. I'm pointing to the unfairness of our policies that they disproportionately fall on the working class, and 2. pointing out that their work is what's driving the present outbreak, which you had originally blamed on socialization before expanding your definition.

We also know that the Xmas travel wasn't a huge driver because not everywhere in the US went up after Christmas (unless you are going to argue somehow uniquely SoCalers and certain others only traveled during Christmas).

p.s. please explain the N....very curious.

Err....in my circles its working class Latino kids that play soccer so check your privilege there.

I'm also not seeking to justify anything with low income workers. 1. I'm pointing to the unfairness of our policies that they disproportionately fall on the working class, and 2. pointing out that their work is what's driving the present outbreak, which you had originally blamed on socialization before expanding your definition.

We also know that the Xmas travel wasn't a huge driver because not everywhere in the US went up after Christmas (unless you are going to argue somehow uniquely SoCalers and certain others only traveled during Christmas).
You're doing too much single cause analysis there.

Why would you expect a Christmas spike in an area which is already in a decline caused by herd immunity? You'd expect a mild change to the rate of decline.

Christmas spikes would be in the areas which have not yet peaked.

HOLY CRAP. I just went through 7 pages posted since yesterday morning under this thread let them play and I do not believe the word 'soccer' was used in one post.

It's a wonder that this thread has not been kicked into the Off-Topic bucket.

Back