Legends Temecula Valley

Bingo. Local is what it should be soccer dad, unless of course your kid get's invited to swim with the best in the big pool down SD. They always send scouts to the Valley. Dont do it unless you can do it and your kid wants to do. My point is, stay local and play local unless you have the nest OM. Emma was just being cute about the local stuff. 4 days a week from Margarita and Winchester to the 215/15 frwy is huge and will make family time better. I did the 1 and half for three years and it almost killed me. The fact is GA is better then having to haul your kid up North, down south or over the great Ortegas mountains. Talk about risking one's life to play in the big pool. Today, my dd drives 10 minutes to practice and it's so much better. Build a local winner bro :)
I wasn't being cute but I do try often.

My definition of local includes league games and most tourneys, not just practice. There's rumbling of playing league games in CO and NM too. It seems the Murrieta team would benefit more from playing socal Flight 1 or even discovery as their games will be closer and the competition is at least on par with GA.

If families are okay traveling to San Diego and LA for league games against flight 1 teams, that's up to them. Spending 3 hours back and forth driving for games every weekends seems tough to me when you can play similar quality teams 30 minutes away.

I wasn't being cute but I do try often.

My definition of local includes league games and most tourneys, not just practice. There's rumbling of playing league games in CO and NM too. It seems the Murrieta team would benefit more from playing socal Flight 1 or even discovery as their games will be closer and the competition is at least on par with GA.

If families are okay traveling to San Diego and LA for league games against flight 1 teams, that's up to them. Spending 3 hours back and forth driving for games every weekends seems tough to me when you can play similar quality teams 30 minutes away.
League games in CO and NM is 100% a no. I didnt know that. I was assuming AZ maybe and Vegas trip.

Bingo. Local is what it should be soccer dad, unless of course your kid get's invited to swim with the best in the big pool down SD. They always send scouts to the Valley. Dont do it unless you can do it and your kid wants to do. My point is, stay local and play local unless you have the nest OM. Emma was just being cute about the local stuff. 4 days a week from Margarita and Winchester to the 215/15 frwy is huge and will make family time better. I did the 1 and half for three years and it almost killed me. The fact is GA is better then having to haul your kid up North, down south or over the great Ortegas mountains. Talk about risking one's life to play in the big pool. Today, my dd drives 10 minutes to practice and it's so much better. Build a local winner bro :)

BINGO! The players in the Valley should rally around GA in Murrieta and they'll put it on a par with every "big" club in the Southwest because of the talent pool here. The quicker everyone sees this the more benefit it has to ALL the players, people need to let their local tribal club guard down and come together.

BINGO! The players in the Valley should rally around GA in Murrieta and they'll put it on a par with every "big" club in the Southwest because of the talent pool here. The quicker everyone sees this the more benefit it has to ALL the players, people need to let their local tribal club guard down and come together.
I think Murrieta will benefit from being in the GA. The GA is challenged in socal in general but they are well run, advocate well for their teams, and put on top notch events. Parents will have to take many things into consideration. One thing they can be mostly certain about is that the GA appears to be very well run.

Travel will be an issue for some. The issue in SOCAL will always be why travel far when you have talented teams close by. It's a good issue to have but problematic if you are in a league with very few local teams. Travel to Vegas and AZ for cross conference play may be tough to swallow for many. The Vegas GA teams are good, the AZ teams are very good. The teams that may be suspect are the NM teams. We will see how that pans out. They've seemed to produce very good players in small numbers, always guesting with the AZ clubs (RSL/SC Del Sol). We will see if they can field two teams.

From having two players in each league over the last few years, the SOCAL talent is better in ECNL, the GA , for now, is better run. With that said, plenty of talent in socal and many players in the GA will still have the opportunity to play at the next level. Best of the best certainly lies in some of the bigger ECNL clubs but not everyone is best of the best and can play there. There are plenty of players to be found.

I wish you the best. Me and few dads talked about it back when our goats were 9. The biggest hurdle was keeping the players together. For example, if one kid didnt play much, dad got pissed. At the game are scouts in the area looking to "add" more customers. They know how dad feels so the scout catches dad in the parking and says in a round a bout way, "Hey parent, I like what I saw in your kid the few times she saw the field. With proper development by me and promised play time, she will be the top recruit in the Valley." Trying to keep a core group of kids together with 6 teams to choose from is super hard, especially if the Big Pools down South and up North offer free swim. I will say you get what you pay for in youth soccer so buyer beware. I rooting for you soccer dad and the Valley :)

And it's offical ... No ECRL spot for Legends TV ... 1 spot in ECNL and 1 spot in ECRL for Legends North and that's it!!

And all Legends TV teams are playing in the SoCal league...

Nice sales pitch Legends TV and JL but it's not true, complete fraud... I feel so sorry for the parents and players who we're lied to and paid for ECRL. I see Murrieta are still bringing in new players every session when we are there, I guess they should hurry before all the spots go.

Shocking! Another year of promises by JL once again squashed by the big club of Legends North.

Soocerdad…I feel your pain. Having been part of the Temecula/Murrieta soccer scene for the last 10 years, it’s a shame that the talent does not stay local. Driving to SD Surf/North to Legends/over Ortega to Blues…that’s where all the top players go. But Legends TV and Murrieta Surf have done it to themselves. They refused to merge (politics/fiefdoms, JL etc…) and play at the highest level. The valley could have developed a top 5 program in SoCal. So all the strong players left in search of that level. DA and all its promises at Legends South never materialized, and any parent with any knowledge could have easily recognized that Legends South never had the coaching licenses to go DA. GA accreditation will help Murrieta Soccer Academy going forward, but the ship has already sailed for u14 and older.
Your previous comment about ECNL being slightly better than GA….that is just wishful thinking. The top ECNL clubs are miles ahead of top GA clubs. Big clubs ECRL teams are on-par and sometimes better than GA teams.
However; GA is at least able to stream all its showcases and National events. ECNL needs to up its game in that area.
And Emma is right. Your GA practices for Murrieta Surf academy will be local, but your league and showcases will require as much or more travel than SoCal ECNL programs. The GA is still in its infancy in SoCal with only 6 teams, and travel to Vegas and AZ will be required—and the rumor is of NM and CO getting added, I hear, are likely to happen.
Not surprised at all the Murrieta surf is getting more transfers from Legends TV. Should have happened a long time ago. The GA platform is the way forward for the Temecula valley.
Good luck to you.

Back