League Game Scores

Glad this got brought up so that it can have a little context. This team ended up being better than expected to be honest. Kept the 6 kids that were left from the team before that won a couple games the entire year before. Added 3 girls from rec and made a team. They didn't really start training until into May, by then the league was set and summer schedule was made. The only blowout against an SD team was to the Blast team back in June. They did beat Albion and Rebels in May and lost a couple times to Rebels 3-2. The struggle with the team was that there was no goalie and a couple players just not near the same level. In the big scheme of things, it worked for this year as it allowed all of the girls to play equal throughout the year. Cost a couple finals results including Rebels but they all played. When deciding on state cup, we had multiple things to consider. First, we knew our top forward would be gone. Second, if we play presidents are we ok with not playing those three players? In the end we decided to have the girls play. They are all playing and having fun. Too be completely frank, the pick up of the keeper before state cup has been the game changer. Not only is she very good in goal, it keeps us from having to put our best players in goal(it rotated with all players all year). The team will be much different next year as the new coach has added a couple very good players and kept the keeper. They will be playing those teams more often and will in time compete very well.

Sounds like the girls had a great year and grew a lot. That is awesome!

I am not saying they will not be in the mix as they get older or even next year. I am responding to the statement that they "would have made it far in the Presidents". Before someone make a statement like that I think you should consider the teams that played in the Presidents actually play at that level most of the year.

I am not interested in nitpicking at your explanation but I will say there were plenty of tournaments that you could have entered at the last minute where you would have played higher level teams. Albion (in July) comes to mind as there was a last-minute add to fill one of the groups out. Lots of good teams in that tournament. Someone can check me but I think Blues had last minute changes to their teams too. I know there were more but I think I've made my point.

The context that you provide applies to most teams of this age. It might not be the same events but many teams went through a similar evolution. Several teams play there better players in places where they would not get the most value from them but do it for the betterment of the team. That is team sports. The main difference is that the clubs in the Presidents played a harder schedule most of the year and didn't avoid the better teams.

This isn't meant to be directed only at you SOCAL. We all love our DDs and want them to have success but they will grow to a higher level if you challenge them.

So here is to seeing you in the top flight of SDDA, at some better tournaments, and in the Presidents next Jan. Good luck in the off season.

I have watched them play and I love their fluid style of play. They do need to beat top teams to be in the discussion but I'll take this time to mention they have wins over Albion and Rebels A-teams in tournament play over the summer beating Rebels in the final of the Forest Cup on Memorial Day. They have a couple of wins over Force too. I can see the loss to Blast and how they would struggle with the size and style. SDSC is a very good team...I don't know when you last saw them play but they will complete with any SD team

My bad on their wins in the Forest Cup. I only went back to the Rebels Cup. That being said, 2 one goal wins is hardly a resume "to go far in the Presidents".

After Rebels Cup, they did not play any "A" teams (Force included) and they played in the second tier of the Presidio. Again, that hardly screams President level play. Regarding them struggling with the style of the Blast, do you think the Blast is the only team in Presidents with a style they would struggle with? I think most of the better teams can play a similar type of game if they need to or have simular sized girls. Not all will but let's not discount that as a challenge they probably don't see that much when playing the lesser teams. I am guessing that is also a factor in their ability to play that fluid style. Not sure that works went you are playing better athletes.

From SOCAL's post, it sounds like they are really making some progress and we might well be talking about them next summer. Let's just wait until they play some of the teams you suggest they can beat.

I very much enjoy the discussion about all the teams in SoCal. This age seems to be extremely competitive and I've seen some awesome games by the teams that are discussed in the "Top 10" thread. Not all teams in that discussion are as dominant as the Blues or Legends. Just because those teams haven't beat the teams at the top doesn't mean a team playing against lesser talented teams will walk right past them. Let's give them some credit for taking the challenge to become a better team even if it means no Instagram pictures with a trophy.

Keep up the great analysis and updates but I think you may have been a little too bold with the statement "that they will go far in Pres".

Good luck to everyone playing on Sunday! For the rest of us, how many days until the Surf Cup?

Sounds like the girls had a great year and grew a lot. That is awesome!

I am not saying they will not be in the mix as they get older or even next year. I am responding to the statement that they "would have made it far in the Presidents". Before someone make a statement like that I think you should consider the teams that played in the Presidents actually play at that level most of the year.

I am not interested in nitpicking at your explanation but I will say there were plenty of tournaments that you could have entered at the last minute where you would have played higher level teams. Albion (in July) comes to mind as there was a last-minute add to fill one of the groups out. Lots of good teams in that tournament. Someone can check me but I think Blues had last minute changes to their teams too. I know there were more but I think I've made my point.

The context that you provide applies to most teams of this age. It might not be the same events but many teams went through a similar evolution. Several teams play there better players in places where they would not get the most value from them but do it for the betterment of the team. That is team sports. The main difference is that the clubs in the Presidents played a harder schedule most of the year and didn't avoid the better teams.

This isn't meant to be directed only at you SOCAL. We all love our DDs and want them to have success but they will grow to a higher level if you challenge them.

So here is to seeing you in the top flight of SDDA, at some better tournaments, and in the Presidents next Jan. Good luck in the off season.
I appreciate your response but just take issue with one word. I can tell you that the team did not avoid the better teams. We may have missed them along the way but we didn't avoid them. For Albion the coaches were in Gothenburg and Texas for soccer and at Blues we simply didn't have enough players to field a team. Like I had said, this was a newer team so they have not realized that soccer is supposed to be your life yet(hence players missing state cup for vacations). Now that they have had a little success, they know that this is what it will be like from here on out. I think this team will be a solid team going forward. Looking forward to the game tomorrow, hopefully Mother Nature can hold out long enough so it doesn't affect the game too much.

I appreciate your response but just take issue with one word. I can tell you that the team did not avoid the better teams. We may have missed them along the way but we didn't avoid them. For Albion the coaches were in Gothenburg and Texas for soccer and at Blues we simply didn't have enough players to field a team. Like I had said, this was a newer team so they have not realized that soccer is supposed to be your life yet(hence players missing state cup for vacations). Now that they have had a little success, they know that this is what it will be like from here on out. I think this team will be a solid team going forward. Looking forward to the game tomorrow, hopefully Mother Nature can hold out long enough so it doesn't affect the game too much.

Fair enough. Plenty of time now to plan out that 2020 schedule so you can compete with some better teams.

Again, my main point here was that is if you want to talk about being one of the top teams just play them first. So until then, enjoy your success and have fun just don't talk about being better than teams that you have not played at their level yet.

Hoping for a competitive well played final where the girls have fun!

Fair enough. Plenty of time now to plan out that 2020 schedule so you can compete with some better teams.

Again, my main point here was that is if you want to talk about being one of the top teams just play them first. So until then, enjoy your success and have fun just don't talk about being better than teams that you have not played at their level yet.

Hoping for a competitive well played final where the girls have fun!
I agree. The new coach has a great schedule and looking to see all of those teams. Will also be SDDA Flight 1in league. I do think it was someone else talking about the team being one of the top, you do have to play those teams consistently to see where you are. Let's hope SDSC can keep it close so the game has some excitement.

I am looking forward to seeing a few of the games tomorrow. I have enjoyed reading some of these posts and here are a few thoughts on the 2011 Mayor's final (as everyone knows I am a fan of the 2012 Blues lime team):

SD Navy's goalie could make a difference. The Blues usually overwhelm you with shots but I noticed their conversion rates have not been as good this tournament with better goalies playing against them. Their forward and midfielders will have to hit the corners tomorrow.

Rain slows down the faster team. The Blues are the fastest team in the tournament but if it is raining their speed will be hampered somewhat. If it is dry I think the Blues have a big advantage in the speed department but if it's raining it becomes tougher for them.

If SD Navy plays everyone that is a problem. The Blues capitalize on any weak players out on the field as they do not really have a weak player. I noticed the Warriors kept the rotation short in their two games against the Blues and I assume SD Navy will also do so but based on an earlier post if Navy lets their 3 rec players in the game they will likely get punished for it.

SD Navy seemed to have a tall fast scoring threat when I watched them play. I am curious to see how she does against the Blues defense.

I predict a 3-1 win for the Blues but if it rains and Navy keeps the rotation short it is a toss up.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow.

Lol not excuses its facts you dont like any critique about your team so I'll leave it there.but dont be adding salsa to the taco to feed your ego
I’ve told some of y'all off this board but the respect is mutual. Your team brings out the best in our girls and we respect the competitiveness. My daughter had the chance to go out to Juke with a few of your girls too and she had a blast. I know you weren’t intentionally trying to make excuses for anyone but @J0g0_B0nit0 has an excuse for everything (Did you know Ole Black has 4 2012s on it?) IMO, in this setting its disrespectful to even bring up who wasn’t there because you’re publically discrediting the players who were there and there were some bad ass players there in the Ole shirt that day.

Lol not excuses its facts you dont like any critique about your team so I'll leave it there.but dont be adding salsa to the taco to feed your ego
You made excuses where you blatantly lied and got called out on it. You just going to ignore that happened? Just like you lied about how our game went, I posted video then you went and you went and used it on your daughters IG page. Embarassing

Lied about what ? Your mad since I brought it up you guys were "A TOP TEAM" and were scared to play wit the big boys and It backfired cuz you still lost in th lowst state cup..we do have 4 2012 on the black team that's a fact .I can show you videos of us getting to your goalie but we are missing our main goal scorer and your Goalie is is good she comes out and plays. A video of my 2012 taking on your best player yes
You made excuses where you blatantly lied and got called out on it. You just going to ignore that happened? Just like you lied about how our game went, I posted video then you went and you went and used it on your daughters IG page. Embarassing

Congratulations to San Diego SC for defeating Blues Lime 4-2 and winning the mayors division
Big props to SDSC. My dd first ever State Cup was the Mayors Division. We lost all 3 games and went home sad. The next year she got to take on @Sparky9 team in the "snow bowl" up in Apple Valley at Governors Division. Fun times @Sparky9. My dd team didn't make it out of group stage again. Something had to change in order to chase the ring. So we joined up with the Legends North team the following year and made it to QF where the Carlsbad Lightning got lucky and beat us in OT. Still no medals to show for so we made another change. We went to SoCal Blues and finally won it all. It took some maneuvering but we finally came out winners in this crazy soccer arena. Enjoy the ride and be nice to each other as much as possible. Smack talk is fun but be careful.

Last edited:
It’s State Cup season so we talk about state cup...pretty simple

You seem sure that Eagles has turned the corner. I still predict a 6-1 win for the Blues but I hope you prove me wrong. It’s nice to have the Eagles active on this board.
Yea seems like your predictions were VERY WRONG this time around.... but as far as a battle we came through and BATTLED!!! Taking a L in double round of PK’s against the BEST 2011 team in SoCal I’ll take it ... and all u doubters need to put some RESPECT on the Eagles name... we deserve it!!!!

Yea seems like your predictions were VERY WRONG this time around.... but as far as a battle we came through and BATTLED!!! Taking a L in double round of PK’s against the BEST 2011 team in SoCal I’ll take it ... and all u doubters need to put some RESPECT on the Eagles name... we deserve it!!!!

Definitely surprised a lot of people. Great job Eagles! Great job to all the 2011 girls. So much great competition this side of Ca. and congratulations to The So Cal. Blues who battled hard enough for the W. Sounds like the game of the year. 6 to 6 to extra time and pk's. Better than watching the pros I bet! Thank you to those who contribute to this forum too, because winning at this age really isn't everything, but the excitement and encouragement we give to our girls is. Inspire them to work hard and want to play, because I think we're raising a lot of future talent here. Love the support and passion!

Back