Laufa to CSL

Too bad for those who are still in SCDSL. I cannot wait until this political stuff ends and both systems merge in the future.

My 7 year old daughter had to travel all over SoCAL and as far south as San Diego last fall. We could have played Brea, Fullerton Rangers, La Mirada, Anaheim FC and a few other local teams if both systems would have merged.
You will still have to travel and it just gets worse as the kid gets older and the level of play increases.

I am ok with traveling once the kids get older. With a child at age 7, 8, 9,10, I shouldn't be driving 80 miles for a regular season game. Once they get older and Flight 1 +, then it makes sense.

Looking at the CSL and SCDSL websites I see Albion OC and LA Galaxy San Diego moved to SCDSL. I guess each club does what's best for them.

Like I said earlier CRL/National League ,Nation cup and top tournaments are going to more important as both leagues get watered down if you are a non-da team.

From what I read here seems some people pick teams/clubs based on leagues. Do what's right for your children and family ,after that everything seems to workout fine.

For disclaimer I have son's in both leagues

Coast is mostly teams in LA and IE.
SCSDL is mostly OC teams.
South OC teams playing in Coast Silver or above will travel further for games.
South OC teams playing in SCDSL in most flights will have less travel.

If scdsl and CSL merge back together, what happens with the CSL rule that limits the number of teams per age group? That's the cash cow that has made Slammers, Pats and Surf so big.
That will never happen! That CSL rule you are referring too is long gone..........

Cut & Past-10 years from now they'll only be 10-15 major clubs in socal, most will have some affiliation with a pro team.

Cut & Past-10 years from now they'll only be 10-15 major clubs in socal, most will have some affiliation with a pro team.

HBE I think you spot on. There will be a clear delineation between what "club soccer" was meant to be or supposed to be versus what it is today.

Reactions: HBE
Better competition? Did LAUFA win any flight last year?

Of Course LAUFA didn't win shit in SCDSL they're a boot ball team with two fast dudes up top. SCDSL is loosing popularity because they're whole moto was we're trying to develop players unlike CSL, but the DA stole their moto and has better teams with better competition too so the whole point of still having SCDSL is pointless

Back