Latest merger affiliate partnership....

And I would not put Duggan in a list as one of the best soccer coaches in SoCal. Maybe one of the best in making money from soccer, but definitely not as a coach.
Probably not highly regarded as a coach, but a savvy and innovative soccer administrator. I rate him.

Probably not highly regarded as a coach, but a savvy and innovative soccer administrator. I rate him.
Who uses threats and punitive actions (tryout for Surf and we will cut you) as a way to keep players— but very happy to welcome a player from another club to tryout with his club. Ask a number of coaches who left what they think of him. And I believe he was the coach (or directly involved) of the team at Nationals that intentionally didn’t try to ensure both teams tied and advanced (the 2 teams just passed the ball around and didn’t play to win). That was a bad look. His ethics are questionable.

Who uses threats and punitive actions (tryout for Surf and we will cut you) as a way to keep players— but very happy to welcome a player from another club to tryout with his club. Ask a number of coaches who left what they think of him. And I believe he was the coach (or directly involved) of the team at Nationals that intentionally didn’t try to ensure both teams tied and advanced (the 2 teams just passed the ball around and didn’t play to win). That was a bad look. His ethics are questionable.
How sad!!! Threats=fear for parents. Trapped in unhealthy situation all to get a college to like your dd. How about this one: "I know all the college coaches and one thing they tell me is they hate club hoppers."

[/
How sad!!! Threats=fear for parents. Trapped in unhealthy situation all to get a college to like your dd. How about this one: "I know all the college coaches and one thing they tell me is they hate club hoppers."
Regarding the club hopper point, that's actually accurate, but one has to question the timing of the utterance. Keep the environment positive at all times and kids will stay in the game and be fans for life.

I guess I missed it.....Strikers South Bay merged into Beach FC and Strikers Newport Mesa into Liverpool. Is this only leaves Strikers Irvine and North? Or Strikers South Coast is still around?

It will be interesting to see if other affiliates of big name clubs will want their own local identity and will break off into a “City FC” group.

Fresh off the east county surf press....

Attachments

• DC258357-01D5-467F-B16A-F9725F4F763D.jpeg
    DC258357-01D5-467F-B16A-F9725F4F763D.jpeg
    159.9 KB · Views: 190
  • C8A4A06D-0038-4F3D-8D0A-87F2C27177B5.jpeg
    C8A4A06D-0038-4F3D-8D0A-87F2C27177B5.jpeg
    166.7 KB · Views: 172
From the East County Surf website:

What leagues will we play in?
We will continue to play in Presidio, SDDA and CRL but will now have greater access into elite leagues and tournaments.

Do parents and club administrators actually believe because they throw Surf (albeit East County) on their jersey, they will magically get into some sought-after higher league or better tournament? Like SCS is now going to put them at the top of the list for Man City? And what elite league are they talking about to justify an extra $300 in reg fees? SCDSL, CSL, NPL? They can get into those now if they wanted to. If they had a new pathway for the those kids, I think they probably would have advertised it on the flyer/website.

It is kinda working though, from what I've seen. They are getting attention. 60+ players trying out at multiple age groups is not a common sight in East County. Many players from Albion, SDSC, others at tryouts. Interesting to see what evolves and who sticks.

Does anyone have a copy of the new price break down since the merger of Temecula Hawks and Legends South?
Does anyone have a copy of the new price break down since the merger of Temecula Hawks and Legends South?
$1696 if you pay in full not including uniforms and tournaments.
$1780 if you make a payments are close to $300.
$1900 if your payments are smaller.
I think you can knock $100 off if you do volunteer work at a tournament.

I guess I missed it.....Strikers South Bay merged into Beach FC and Strikers Newport Mesa into Liverpool. Is this only leaves Strikers Irvine and North? Or Strikers South Coast is still around?

I believe it is just North and Irvine that are left.

That is very true. For the most part parents are gullible borderline stupid and get suckered by the flashy big name club.
Problem with smaller clubs is that they have low chances of survival within 5 years. I’ve see so many small clubs come and go. Some clubs have 12 teams or less. They lose a coach that manages 3 teams and that’s a huge loss to recover. At what point does a small club decide to fold? Do they need to have at least 8 teams, 12 teams ?

Back