LAGSB - what’s going on??

Not to mention, where will they train? Not much field space in the SB.

I think, but may be wrong, but they took fields with them. The field scheduler for galaxy Sb who made the contacts and contracts moved with them

I think, but may be wrong, but they took fields with them. The field scheduler for galaxy Sb who made the contacts and contracts moved with them
Yikes! Could make things tough for Galaxy SB then. Krumpe does have some good connections as well. Guess time will tell.

Switching permits is sneaky. Seems like the whole thing is a mess. Reading between the lines it doesn't look like Galaxy SB has much of a board structure - governance process in place? There's very specific requirements to be a Not for profit entity.

Do you mean Klein and te Kloese came in person? That's a lot more direct connection with the LA Galaxy than I would expect in an affiliate club.

As for Krumpe, I wonder if he has the time to devote to being an active Boys DOC of a relatively big club while also coaching a DI soccer program at Loyola Marymount. There are certainly quiet periods (for better or worse) in college soccer where coaches can devote time to these things, but I would imagine he's pretty busy during the fall.
Yes, Klein and te Klose made opening remarks.

Yes, Klein and te Klose made opening remarks.
If I recall correctly, Krumpe was on the LAGSB board at some capacity when the Exiles merger was happening and LAGSB was at its infancy. No doubt he is a leader and has many connections. Why did he leave LAGSB earlier? I'm curious--I don't know all the players involved...the LAGSB website makes it hard to even see who is on their board.

Also, I heard that some of the boy teams are now moving back to LAGSB? Is that truth or rumor? A lot of movement for sure...Beach and Fram (the two clubs closest in the area) will for sure benefit from this shake up.

If I recall correctly, Krumpe was on the LAGSB board at some capacity when the Exiles merger was happening and LAGSB was at its infancy. No doubt he is a leader and has many connections. Why did he leave LAGSB earlier? I'm curious--I don't know all the players involved...the LAGSB website makes it hard to even see who is on their board.

Also, I heard that some of the boy teams are now moving back to LAGSB? Is that truth or rumor? A lot of movement for sure...Beach and Fram (the two clubs closest in the area) will for sure benefit from this shake up.
Not all boys teams are leaving. Some are staying.

I saw this after reading the GPS debacle. How did the dust settle with LAGSB? With
COVID-19 delaying the season, I see a lot of issues/ similarities with GPS and some of the clubs mentioned. Just wondering...

LA Galaxy South Bay had to find a new home when LA Galaxy (MLS) decided to end its affiliation program. The same thing happened to LAG Orange County (became Liverpool) and LAG San Diego (became City FC). In the case of LAG South Bay, many of the teams and coaches ended up at Beach FC. This happened in the late Fall and is old news.

Also, LAG DPL teams were run by LAG South Bay and so many of those teams ended up at Beach FC.

LA Galaxy (MLS) ran a Girls Development Academy program. This was separate from LAG South Bay, although there was some overlap in coaches. LA Galaxy (MLS) GDA folded when USSF ended the academy program for both boys and girls. LA Galaxy (MLS) kept its boy academy program moving forward. The folding of the LA Galaxy GDA program was sudden and left players scrambling for new teams.

LA Galaxy South Bay had to find a new home when LA Galaxy (MLS) decided to end its affiliation program. The same thing happened to LAG Orange County (became Liverpool) and LAG San Diego (became City FC). In the case of LAG South Bay, many of the teams and coaches ended up at Beach FC. This happened in the late Fall and is old news.

Also, LAG DPL teams were run by LAG South Bay and so many of those teams ended up at Beach FC.

LA Galaxy (MLS) ran a Girls Development Academy program. This was separate from LAG South Bay, although there was some overlap in coaches. LA Galaxy (MLS) GDA folded when USSF ended the academy program for both boys and girls. LA Galaxy (MLS) kept its boy academy program moving forward. The folding of the LA Galaxy GDA program was sudden and left players scrambling for new teams.

I see players and coaches/DOC went to LA Surf ,Steel United, and Beach. With Covid 19 season delay, and the high fees (green fees, hundreds of thousands $) associated with the South Bay it seems the financial stress will soon become apparent. I have noticed most teams are not even in the ECNL... (Steel United, Sand n Surf, California Rush)

It seems to me LAGSB leaving has created a hole ... Two types of clubs in the South Bay.

Do you agree there two types of clubs... ECNL/DPL focused and NON ECNL/ DPL teams? Are the ones not in the ECNL because it costs too much?

I see players and coaches/DOC went to LA Surf ,Steel United, and Beach. With Covid 19 season delay, and the high fees (green fees, hundreds of thousands $) associated with the South Bay it seems the financial stress will soon become apparent. I have noticed most teams are not even in the ECNL... (Steel United, Sand n Surf, California Rush)

It seems to me LAGSB leaving has created a hole ... Two types of clubs in the South Bay.

Do you agree there two types of clubs... ECNL/DPL focused and NON ECNL/ DPL teams? Are the ones not in the ECNL because it costs too much?

I can't speak to what every South Bay club aspires to be. There is currently no girls ECNL club in the SB, and the reasons for this have been covered many times in many threads. Beach FC's top boys teams play ECNL and the top girls teams play ECRL. I think it is a goal of the girls program to obtain ENCL for next year (2021/2022).

You also have FRAM here. I've heard that FRAM was seeking ECNL but not sure how solid that source was. Sand & Surf seems content being a local, family-oriented club, but that's just an observation and not fact. Steel United is young and still developing it's platform in my view. I think all of these clubs play SCDSL and CRL (when qualified) as well as various tourneys.

Back