LA Premier FC - DA Opinions/Thoughts

Did anyone go to the 04 training tonight? Any feedback?
It is a holiday weekend and it was drizzling, but I still thought there would be a bigger turnout. There were about 30 girls. Started with passing drills to warm up, then small field scrimmages, then full size field scrimmage. Dido gave instruction, questioned the girls, did a lot of teaching as they played.

BR is coaching the 2001/02 combined age group and stated clearly the three things LAPFC will attempt to develop in players is what is being passed down from US Soccer:
1) Being able to escape pressure in small areas with high technical ability;
2) To be tactically proficient to find space between the lines when played against teams that close space quickly and sit deep;
3) To be explosive over initial 3 yards to take advantage of space created.

**None of this is related to actual "size" of player.

BR did state he doesn't like to lose but there are many ways to win with appropriate development.
BR and Dido are on the same page with development philosophy but reach out to Dido directly: Dido@lapremierfc.com.

There is a clear reason why Dido was hired in this age group... Development first.
So they want futsal players? Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't that the essence of futsal (not to mention street soccer)?

My honest opinion is to look at either driving north to Real SoCal or east to SoCal Academy and trying to get on one of those teams. The youngers at LAPFC were a mess last year, 04/05/06 it was tough to watch and they seemed to get worse as their seasons went on. I'm new to area and have done a lot of research/observing of games and tryouts. I'm not buying the DA lure, I just want my kids on good teams with good coaches.

The difference is la premier has a TRUE girls Academy. There's a BIG difference and buyer should always beware of clubs that impose the word "Academy" who are not actually Academies. Pet peeve of mine.

I don't think SoCal Academy uses the term "academy" as a means to lure people under false pretenses, but rather as a term for a place of higher learning/specialized training. One look on their website will tell you there's nothing there stating any relation to DA. However they do have a very small all-girls club with a proven track record. And before you ask, no my daughter doesn't play there. But I do know parents there that love it. My .02

I don't think SoCal Academy uses the term "academy" as a means to lure people under false pretenses, but rather as a term for a place of higher learning/specialized training. One look on their website will tell you there's nothing there stating any relation to DA. However they do have a very small all-girls club with a proven track record. And before you ask, no my daughter doesn't play there. But I do know parents there that love it. My .02
Correct

Of course the parents are happy, they played coast. They absolutely use the word academy to lure people. Look at their website. They advertise as the "first all-girl soccer academy" they even have a section called "Academy" A lot of parents get confused by this and they know it. I'm not saying the parents are doing it but the club is certainly doing it. I looked into this club last year. They looked awesome. Their website was littered with tournaments they won. Very impressive. In particular their '04 team. Come to find out all of those tournaments were won playing flight 2. Not so impress now, right? They're not the only ones doing this kind of deceptive advertisement but they are one of them. Why else come to the Academy section of the forum and suggest playing there over a club with true DA status?

Of course the parents are happy, they played coast. They absolutely use the word academy to lure people. Look at their website. They advertise as the "first all-girl soccer academy" they even have a section called "Academy" A lot of parents get confused by this and they know it. I'm not saying the parents are doing it but the club is certainly doing it. I looked into this club last year. They looked awesome. Their website was littered with tournaments they won. Very impressive. In particular their '04 team. Come to find out all of those tournaments were won playing flight 2. Not so impress now, right? They're not the only ones doing this kind of deceptive advertisement but they are one of them. Why else come to the Academy section of the forum and suggest playing there over a club with true DA status?
There is nothing to lure here. Trust and Believe. They provide top notch training and have the best caliber girls of players in all of the SBV and SFV. You are more than welcome to come check out SoCal and go to the other clubs like Premier as you state is a TRUE academy.. If you haven't seen them play than what is your concern or bad mouthing the club? Also it's not on the club were tournaments place us as you should be aware

Oh that's right..where a team or club played (CSL for example) is the measure of all things. I'm sure if you look up the scores for State Cup you're sure to find an "upset" of an SCDSL team by a team from Coast. I could be wrong but I'm not going to waste the time looking just to appease you or prove my point.
Whoever posted about looking at RSC or SoCal, are they a member at either? Don't know..don't care. But I didn't see anyone representing either club come into this thread saying to come and join our "academy".
I will say this again because you are obviously having trouble grasping the concept of the term "academy". I looked at the "Academy" tab on SoCal's site. If basically explains their method of teaching there. Just the same if you went to a fire academy or police academy. It's a place for specialized training.
If you don't like what SoCal is doing you have a choice. You vote with your wallet. I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you because it's pointless. I just don't like seeing people spread FUD without something credible to back it. I'm out. ✌

Oh that's right..where a team or club played (CSL for example) is the measure of all things. I'm sure if you look up the scores for State Cup you're sure to find an "upset" of an SCDSL team by a team from Coast. I could be wrong but I'm not going to waste the time looking just to appease you or prove my point.
Whoever posted about looking at RSC or SoCal, are they a member at either? Don't know..don't care. But I didn't see anyone representing either club come into this thread saying to come and join our "academy".
I will say this again because you are obviously having trouble grasping the concept of the term "academy". I looked at the "Academy" tab on SoCal's site. If basically explains their method of teaching there. Just the same if you went to a fire academy or police academy. It's a place for specialized training.
If you don't like what SoCal is doing you have a choice. You vote with your wallet. I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you because it's pointless. I just don't like seeing people spread FUD without something credible to back it. I'm out. ✌
Thank YOU. We have beat many SCDSL teams, That means nothing. The dad that posted about RSC and SOCal is not part of those fantastic clubs but was looking to take his daughter to either or for tryouts as he stated because he moved from OC and those clubs and teams he mentioned he has watch and was very pleased with them..

SoCal has never claimed to be an academy and you hit the nail on the head it's the founders style of training.

Ooh sorry you took my comments so hard. Not really trying to get into a pissing match either. I actually don't think I was being pissy at all. I stated why I felt the way that I do. I believe I backed up my argument. I never once insulted your intelligence and the fact is, you replied to my post so there.

Okay, bye. Peace out to you too.

Being from the area and once part of the LAPFC family, it doesn't hurt to try out, go to some of the practices and see if you like the coach. I will warn that coaching is a carousel there and few coaches stay long; direct experience and knowledge from parents on boys and girls side. If you are from that area, I would suggest also giving SoCal Academy a try as well. otherwise, you will have to travel pretty far for a quality girls program.

alt_dad is from socal academy

alt_dad is from socal academy
Your point?? He isn't the only one that commented.. many others that aren't part of SoCal also commented. Hopefully we meet up in the soccer field so you see the talent and what academy training should look like or maybe we have and left a sour taste in your mouth

intersting conversation folks, I, as well as others, was simply providing alternative options in the area. Certainly, since SoCal's inception two seasons ago, you can't argue that LAPFC's track record for girls development and achievements can't compare to the records of the SoCal girls. As a previous LAPFC parent with continued ties, I can honestly say that the experience at SoCal for the girls and teams as a whole is extremely better. EC has cultivated a winning development program that all of the coaches follow and the girls thrive from it.

I also encouraged the parent to investigate the various clubs and have their daughter go to practices so they can truly see what is going on for themselves. Though my daughter plays for SoCal, I know that it's not for everyone for various reasons so I gave objective advice...not subjective criticism.

If you are going to tell me that LAPFC is a true development academy, I would say that is true in title alone. They have had one highly ranked girls team in the past few years. I know by experience, they have not developed their youngers and have chased off nearly every good girls coach they have had over the past several years (for instance the 2006 girls coach who was fired the day after all girls were locked in for the season). This can change and I certainly hope it does for the sake of girls that join LAPFC.

What are you getting at?
When I read the post it seems that everything "BR" was looking for was related to skills learned in futsal and street soccer. That's all. Not trying to pick a fight. Not trying to start an argument. Not picking on anybody. Just saying that the way that I interpreted what was desired mirrors closely what I have seen in futsal players.

When I read the post it seems that everything "BR" was looking for was related to skills learned in futsal and street soccer. That's all. Not trying to pick a fight. Not trying to start an argument. Not picking on anybody. Just saying that the way that I interpreted what was desired mirrors closely what I have seen in futsal players.

While the information did come from BR, my impression is that US Soccer has made that the curriculum focus for the DA Clubs. At least that was the impression I got from the informational meeting.

intersting conversation folks, I, as well as others, was simply providing alternative options in the area. Certainly, since SoCal's inception two seasons ago, you can't argue that LAPFC's track record for girls development and achievements can't compare to the records of the SoCal girls. As a previous LAPFC parent with continued ties, I can honestly say that the experience at SoCal for the girls and teams as a whole is extremely better. EC has cultivated a winning development program that all of the coaches follow and the girls thrive from it.

I also encouraged the parent to investigate the various clubs and have their daughter go to practices so they can truly see what is going on for themselves. Though my daughter plays for SoCal, I know that it's not for everyone for various reasons so I gave objective advice...not subjective criticism.

If you are going to tell me that LAPFC is a true development academy, I would say that is true in title alone. They have had one highly ranked girls team in the past few years. I know by experience, they have not developed their youngers and have chased off nearly every good girls coach they have had over the past several years (for instance the 2006 girls coach who was fired the day after all girls were locked in for the season). This can change and I certainly hope it does for the sake of girls that join LAPFC.

You have a daughter in the 2006 age group correct? So you haven't really been exposed to the LA Premier Development pathway at the mid to older age groups that have developed players into the National Team pools and also consistent college participation?

Nor have you experienced CATZ training, the focused curriculum by leaders in their field to keep the players healthy and on track to maximize their athletic potential. You havent experienced the college pathway with the software and dedicated staff involved and your kid hasn't had their performance and Heart rate monitored to effectively manage their efforts during training and games.

Quite frankly you havent experienced any of the facets that are going into the Academy structure at LA Premier FC. Did you make it out to the informational meeting held in Pasadena to learn more?

So is that what $2850 is getting me, my daughter heart to be monitored. What changes are you making to your coaching stuff from prior years? And what changes are your making to your training? It's not going to be the La Premier way anymore? I do wish your club much success

Back