LA Galaxy, where are you?

So here in Greater Los Angeles, Beach has announced coaches, directors, tryout dates -- LA Premier has done the same, and Legends and Pateadores, if you want to travel further, have all kept the world updated and moved things along. ECNL teams awarded DA are obviously not as motivated or able to switch gears yet, but their timetable is understandable.

And from the LA Galaxy (Carson), unless I am missing something, crickets since they where awarded a girls DA spot in February and issued a press release. Can someone direct me to the information they have provided?

Nothing on their website -- no coaches announced, no information forms, no tryout dates, no separate link. Am I missing something? Last I checked, they do not have any girls program to build upon. Do they hand this over to LA Galaxy South Bay? Was that the plan all along?

So here in Greater Los Angeles, Beach has announced coaches, directors, tryout dates -- LA Premier has done the same, and Legends and Pateadores, if you want to travel further, have all kept the world updated and moved things along. ECNL teams awarded DA are obviously not as motivated or able to switch gears yet, but their timetable is understandable.

And from the LA Galaxy (Carson), unless I am missing something, crickets since they where awarded a girls DA spot in February and issued a press release. Can someone direct me to the information they have provided?

Nothing on their website -- no coaches announced, no information forms, no tryout dates, no separate link. Am I missing something? Last I checked, they do not have any girls program to build upon. Do they hand this over to LA Galaxy South Bay? Was that the plan all along?
Clubs that are currently ECNL can not hold tryouts or do anything with DA until their season is over in May. It has nothing to do with motivation. Some great clubs will be holding tryouts in May. Only clubs who have not been ECNL are holding tryouts.

I would actually be interested in knowing if they have provided contact information, or if anyone knows of the same. In the absence of that, would you recommend contacting Chris Klein? The Boys Academy Director? Sal Diaz at LAGSB? Perhaps the ticket office, since that is the only contact information provided on the bottom of the press release? I am only being partially sarcastic, but mostly outlining the challenge in what you ask.

A lack of public information is surely not a strategy on their part to only attract those interested enough to make random calls to LA Galaxy and its affiliates and track down the relevant information. They do not employ that strategy on the boys side, as they have an entire website with tryout information, interested player forms, and coach assignments.

On the coach assignments, since the DA application required clubs submit detailed information regarding the directors and coaches who would be involved in the program, surely something was proposed before they were admitted by US Soccer, given the importance of coaching in the Academy.

Or perhap the rumors are true, and they never submitted an application, but just called late and got in when they promised to fully fund something they have shown little interest in before.

Clubs that are currently ECNL can not hold tryouts or do anything with DA until their season is over in May. It has nothing to do with motivation. Some great clubs will be holding tryouts in May. Only clubs who have not been ECNL are holding tryouts.

That was my implication. They are not as able due to the rules, and not as motivated either as they have a deeper pipeline of talented youngers teams from which to build a competitive academy, in most cases. I do not think they are restricted under the ECNL rules from holding tryouts in the youngest/non-ECNL age group.

I'm pretty sure that LA Galaxy is fully committed to the girls DA...highly unlikely that the president of the Galaxy would publicly commit and not make good on it. My guess is lack of galaxy DA info is due to 1.) LAGSB not being the best in getting info out in advance...their tryout info was posted a few weeks before actual tryouts, 2.) LAGSB coaches being tied up with state cup, and 3.) LAGSB typically not being agressive in recruiting.

I'm pretty sure that LA Galaxy is fully committed to the girls DA...highly unlikely that the president of the Galaxy would publicly commit and not make good on it. My guess is lack of galaxy DA info is due to 1.) LAGSB not being the best in getting info out in advance...their tryout info was posted a few weeks before actual tryouts, 2.) LAGSB coaches being tied up with state cup, and 3.) LAGSB typically not being agressive in recruiting.
Is it LAGSB that's DA or LAG?

Is it LAGSB that's DA or LAG?

LA Galaxy Academy is separate from any of there alliance clubs in that program. Some of the coaches from those alliance clubs will have some involvement TBA.

After st/nt cups depending on age groups, May, and into the summer likely before teams are set, DA registration in Aug w/ Sept start of league, no rush at this time.

LA Galaxy Academy is separate from any of there alliance clubs in that program. Some of the coaches from those alliance clubs will have some involvement TBA.

After st/nt cups depending on age groups, May, and into the summer likely before teams are set, DA registration in Aug w/ Sept start of league, no rush at this time.

That is a confident strategy when you consider that clubs with ECNL teams have their foundation set and those without are holding tryouts. Should be an interesting kickoff to summer.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c6v11ff3gn341wx/Screenshot 2017-02-23 10.02.49.png?dl=0 - saw this today. If true that LA Galaxy OC will also be part of this GA2 league. How is this any different than EGSL spring league? Are all affiliates going to have GA2 teams?

That flyer info is not accurate, there is no ussda DA ii league and they should'nt be using the DA logo to promote that as such since they are not a DA member club.

There is a proposed US club soccer league that is trying to use the DA terminology or methods but has not gone forward yet. When or if you see actual annocments on the US club or ussda sites then it's real, until then just a marketing gimmick.

FWIW, and I know it's not news, but just wanted to repeat that the LAGSB G2005s play some great soccer.

I'm not at all sold on this whole DA thing working out long term, but if were , I'd make the drive.

That flyer info is not accurate, there is no ussda DA ii league and they should'nt be using the DA logo to promote that as such since they are not a DA member club. There is a proposed US club soccer league that is trying to use the DA terminology or methods but has not gone forward yet. When or if you see actual annocments on the US club or ussda sites then it's real, until then just a marketing gimmick.

If there is no US Soccer DA II affiliation why did the club wait this long to release the information? Why limit the gimmick to an 02 and an 04 team? Why combine 02/03 and 04/05? Why are both coach A level licensees? Why have both coaches gone through USS training/meeting(s) to get to this point?

It is my understanding that the teams will follow the same guidelines dictated for USS Academy teams so that the transition to the Academy is smoother.

There is definitely marketing in all of it but I also believe the direction raises the bar.

That flyer info is not accurate, there is no ussda DA ii league and they should'nt be using the DA logo to promote that as such since they are not a DA member club.
There is a proposed US club soccer league that is trying to use the DA terminology or methods but has not gone forward yet. When or if you see actual annocments on the US club or ussda sites then it's real, until then just a marketing gimmick.
If LA Galaxy OC specifically posts this information that there is something behind it. There's plenty of info on the Girls Academy threads that talk about the DA II league...so sounds like LA Galaxy OC did secure a spot/team to compete in the DA II league.

If LA Galaxy OC specifically posts this information that there is something behind it. There's plenty of info on the Girls Academy threads that talk about the DA II league...so sounds like LA Galaxy OC did secure a spot/team to compete in the DA II league.

No mention of this league by U.S. Soccer, LA Galaxy SD, LA Premier, Legends, WCFC, Slammers, Beach, or any other actual Girls DA club, some who have a lot of information out there about their academies. Perhaps SCDSL is changing its name and creating a new bracket?

No mention of this league by U.S. Soccer, LA Galaxy SD, LA Premier, Legends, WCFC, Slammers, Beach, or any other actual Girls DA club, some who have a lot of information out there about their academies. Perhaps SCDSL is changing its name and creating a new bracket?

Actually, at the LA Premier Informational Meeting, they did inform the attendees of the DAII teams and league. Girls who play on the DAII teams will benefit from some of the same training curriculum and benefits, but they don't train as many days and they can play HS soccer. LA Premier said that when the DA team plays, the DAII team will also play the DAII of the opposing club. BR posited that the DAII teams could very well end up being fairly competitive because not all girls will want to give up HS soccer. Also, DAII players could be categorized as DP and play in up to 6 DA games a year. The fee for DAII will be less than for DA, but uniforms and training gear are not included.

One of those clubs had some silmar promotional info one their site but had to take it down just like the other club that jumped the gun. Notice this is not on the OCGalx web site, or lapfc, and only a flyer. Fine to work towards a certain standard but you cant call a hotdog a hamburger 2 just because you want a hamburger.

Now this is bizarro twist, a non DA member club is advertising the have DA ii teams tryouts? Where are they suppose to go or DP to? Another club?

DP's are very specific, intra-club only. numbers are limited as are the windows/ times you can add them or convert them to FT. They are not meant to be used in numbers , normally <= 3 on a team if at all. Roster max size (18 game day) so unless other players leave or get hurt there is not room for many add-on's. Categorizing whole other teams as DP's is non-sense.

I seriously doubt ussda is going to let some other league use a like name and pick and choice which parts they want to adhere to or not. Maybe that's why the previous info about this hopeful league has been scrubbed for those clubs websites.

One of those clubs had some silmar promotional info one their site but had to take it down just like the other club that jumped the gun. Notice this is not on the OCGalx web site, or lapfc, and only a flyer. Fine to work towards a certain standard but you cant call a hotdog a hamburger 2 just because you want a hamburger.
Mahrez, correct me if I am wrong please. I think you are informing posters that DA II is not affiliated with US Soccer Girls DA.....is that right? In other words it doesn't fall directly under the guidance of USSDA.

DA II is league to house the B/sister team players, similar to EGSL.

Mahrez, correct me if I am wrong please. I think you are informing posters that DA II is not affiliated with US Soccer Girls DA.....is that right? In other words it doesn't fall directly under the guidance of USSDA.

DA II is league to house the B/sister team players, similar to EGSL.

Yes about the first part and the B team concept.

The ECNL/ EGSL relationship is much different than this proposed new league. EGSL was formed with approval of ECNL to include sister teams for SC spring league play with the original intent to increase the exposure of u14-17 girls to college scholarship offers. This is all done through us club soccer and has worked well.

This new proposed league is outside ussda and a us club soccer program that is is trying to retain players and compete with existing leagues, give option for players that don't play ECNL, DA, SCDSl, CSL.

Options are normally good and I like the reserve team concept but having separate leagues really doesn't help that since you can't share or club pass for example.

I hope they work out the kinks and offer up the real true details when there ready from the actual sanctioning bodies. That OC flyer was taken down yesterday just like that other alternative facts info that has been thrown around. I know it's tryout season but credibility should be important if they want to start off on the right foot.

Back