LA Galaxy to remove alliance program

i was there for my b2011, a good handful of parents walked out even us. When they made the announcement, not a lot parents were happy you heard the kids mostly the older ones cheer. A good hand full walked out included us.
My 8yr didn’t cheer which was good since am I Man U fan lol. On the serious note We won’t be coming back next year for sure there has been no development from my point of view from this age group. I seen other b2011 teams grow more in that aspect.
Why walked out when they announced it is Liverpool? I am curious if you are expecting something else?

View attachment 5592

If I'm a dad with a boy U12 (sorry, this sucks for the girls), I like this change over Los Angeles Galaxy of Orange County. I don't watch much MLS. If I do watch soccer, it's MNT, WNT or Men's Euro Leagues or my dd game. I would never watch Euro Hoops, only NBA and college. I tried watching MLS but I see these retired EPL dudes come over here and kill it and I don't have time to watch weak sports. Go Liverpool. It's like the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim going to England to teach the young lads our sport. Maybe we can find the next Mike Trout or Mickey Rivers over in England? Send our coaches and charge $5k to see if you can make it to the big leagues or maybe get a college scholarship in the states? Just a thought I had today.......
Why do you say it sucks for the girls?

i was there for my b2011, a good handful of parents walked out even us. When they made the announcement, not a lot parents were happy you heard the kids mostly the older ones cheer. A good hand full walked out included us.
Any sense of why the other parents walked out? The parents on my kid's team were mostly ambivalent about the announcement and mostly concerned about a price increase without any additional benefit.

Any sense of why the other parents walked out? The parents on my kid's team were mostly ambivalent about the announcement and mostly concerned about a price increase without any additional benefit.
To be honest I think because of the change to this new program Liverpool fc taken by surprise some had a look on their faces like wow (like beget I’ve way) . A lot of the parents where talking about why not just inform them beginning of the season why wait will now. Which is understandable. Yeah that was one reason to, I over heard group parents discus about pricing.

Uniforms will be included for returning players. But your club dues will increase by $200 and your fundraiser commitment will increase by $300.
Bingo. Dues are going up and they lock kids in. The club will push all coaches to lock up teams and players...or else. People mentioning DA, or club pushing DA, is far fetched. The club didn’t support anything to do with MLS other than selling merch and tickets. If you listen to admin speak they trash MLS and “American” Soccer. So now they want DA? Only reason they would want DA is to sell parents. They also don’t support ODP or other circuits outside SCDSL. They only want coaches locked in to selling whatever they are selling - even though they could use those outside resources to bring more kids. Just their mentality. The mentality is they know more about soccer development than anyone else and don’t even bother seeing what other successful clubs are doing. The truth is they aren’t worried about succeeding at a high level. You can trash the system but then you sound like big hypocrites when you want to be included in structures like DA. They won’t follow all the guidelines set forth by USSF - if they do it will be a superficial implementation. Hilarious some people actually believe Liverpool FC is sending their actual academy coaches over here.

Bingo. Dues are going up and they lock kids in. The club will push all coaches to lock up teams and players...or else. People mentioning DA, or club pushing DA, is far fetched. The club didn’t support anything to do with MLS other than selling merch and tickets. If you listen to admin speak they trash MLS and “American” Soccer. So now they want DA? Only reason they would want DA is to sell parents. They also don’t support ODP or other circuits outside SCDSL. They only want coaches locked in to selling whatever they are selling - even though they could use those outside resources to bring more kids. Just their mentality. The mentality is they know more about soccer development than anyone else and don’t even bother seeing what other successful clubs are doing. The truth is they aren’t worried about succeeding at a high level. You can trash the system but then you sound like big hypocrites when you want to be included in structures like DA. They won’t follow all the guidelines set forth by USSF - if they do it will be a superficial implementation. Hilarious some people actually believe Liverpool FC is sending their actual academy coaches over here.
My friend was there with his u10 son. He was very happy with the news and said all they got from Galaxy was merchandise and deals on tickets to the MLS games. Some people feel DA is not all that I guess. I heard the Liverpool coaches have already been in the states for the last three months training and teaching the old LA Galaxy of Orange County Coaches the Liverpool way. He said most folks are stoked and can't wait to meet the coaches someday. His kid is a GK and is really good. He said they have direct access now to the actual Liverpool Club in England if little junior is all that. That is way better access than discount MLS tickets and discounted LA Galaxy gear.

1573099352075.png

My friend was there with his u10 son. He was very happy with the news and said all they got from Galaxy was merchandise and deals on tickets to the MLS games. Some people feel DA is not all that I guess. I heard the Liverpool coaches have already been in the states for the last three months training and teaching the old LA Galaxy of Orange County Coaches the Liverpool way. He said most folks are stoked and can't wait to meet the coaches someday. His kid is a GK and is really good. He said they have direct access now to the actual Liverpool Club in England if little junior is all that. That is way better access than discount MLS tickets and discounted LA Galaxy gear.

View attachment 5596
Does little junior have a British passport or heritage? Because being good is not the only requirement

Does little junior have a British passport or heritage? Because being good is not the only requirement
The kid has a dream to play on the USA Men's National Team too. He's only 10. Let him dream a little. Liverpool is right there to watch now so if he is really, really good, he will have advantage over the non Liverpool players. Plus they have high tech video that goes back to England. I say he's in a great spot to be coached and trained by the worlds best.

The kid has a dream to play on the USA Men's National Team too. He's only 10. Let him dream a little. Liverpool is right there to watch now so if he is really, really good, he will have advantage over the non Liverpool players. Plus they have high tech video that goes back to England. I say he's in a great spot to be coached and trained by the worlds best.

Nothing wrong with dreaming I guess

Nothing wrong with dreaming I guess
When your 10 year old tells you they want to be on the National Team all you can really say is, "Anything is possible in this great country of ours if you dream and work hard at your dream." I remember when my little one had that dream too. It makes it Real when a Real English Coach, with a Real English Accent tells her that the National Scouts have been asking about her and why she's not at the training centers being scouted by the YNT coaches. .5% chance, but when English Coach says its possible, then that dream sounds Real to a 10 year old and a dad who had some good friends from his youth who played for the USA in Volleyball, Water Polo, Tennis and Surfing. One friend of mine was the #1 pick in June MLB draft. A basketball teammate of mine from HS told me he was going to be an attorney and go to Cal. I told him I was going to play basketball at UCLA. He laughed at me. Anyway, he was on Obama's short list for the US Supreme Court.

I thought you were over believing all that? What happened? It's great to encourage your 10 year old to shoot for the stars but as parents, we should be cautious about mythical tales that have been repeated many times with various accents.

I thought you were over believing all that? What happened? It's great to encourage your 10 year old to shoot for the stars but as parents, we should be cautious about mythical tales that have been repeated many times with various accents.
I still believe Emma. However, politics and pay to play rule the soccer jungle bro :)

Oh so basically...

see-ya-4fd2wy.jpg

Back