LA County Revising Sports Guidelines on Tuesday 8/24 - per LA Times

There are some risks but it's small, only studies I have seen are one from Surf inc. and another one from the Midwest saying the risks are very small.

One thing that surprise me recently is two college teams from up North both where out/ games cancelled the same week due to COVID-19 protocols and they happen to play each other and in the same round robin tournament the week before. A third team in that tournaments was out Friday on protocol. These teams are getting tested weekly and between their Monday tests and Thur, fri, or Saturday games things came up. Only takes one player I suppose and don't know the details but dang , due to respect for the programs, players please don't ask which universities.
It's silliness and counterproductive that we worry about being identified as catching a virus - as if there is some shame in it. This mentality likely contributes to community spread as people are incented NOT to tell anyone or ask someone to take care of things like shopping when they are sick because it will be a "tell" that they have the virus. Anyway, I'll play along here but please don't look back at any previous posts on this topic as I heard a college team played a game wearing masks - the opponent did not. I hope no one figures out who it was otherwise that team will need to tattoo a scarlet letter "C" on their foreheads.

It's silliness and counterproductive that we worry about being identified as catching a virus - as if there is some shame in it. This mentality likely contributes to community spread as people are incented NOT to tell anyone or ask someone to take care of things like shopping when they are sick because it will be a "tell" that they have the virus. Anyway, I'll play along here but please don't look back at any previous posts on this topic as I heard a college team played a game wearing masks - the opponent did not. I hope no one figures out who it was otherwise that team will need to tattoo a scarlet letter "C" on their foreheads.

Anti-vaxxers are such victims.

The team that played with masks was Cal. None of the players died or was harmed by wearing a mask, despite all of those studies showing that elite college athletes will die exercising in a mask. Perhaps you're raising your child to lack such self-confidence and self-esteem that wearing a mask during one soccer game will shame her for life, but I can assure you none of those young women are nearly as soft as you worry about for yours. Was it overly cautious to wear masks? Maybe, but you can't even answer that with any degree of certainty since you have no idea who played, let alone how many of those kids had tested positive, or when, or how many lived with a teammate who was positive. You also don't know whether the opponent had to parade through an airport and get on a plane after the game. No, you don't know shit other than you think wearing a mask is an inconvenience and apparently that your daughter can't handle it emotionally, so therefore no team should ever wear masks under any circumstances. Are you one of those anti-semitic anti-vaxxers who thinks it is all a slippery slope and, before you know it, one team wearing masks for one game will result in all you anti-vaxxers lining up for the gas chamber? You are sounding very much like one of those people who believe in Jewish space lasers starting wildfires in CA forests that weren't properly raked.

The team that played with masks was Cal. None of the players died or was harmed by wearing a mask, despite all of those studies showing that elite college athletes will die exercising in a mask. Perhaps you're raising your child to lack such self-confidence and self-esteem that wearing a mask during one soccer game will shame her for life, but I can assure you none of those young women are nearly as soft as you worry about for yours. Was it overly cautious to wear masks? Maybe, but you can't even answer that with any degree of certainty since you have no idea who played, let alone how many of those kids had tested positive, or when, or how many lived with a teammate who was positive. You also don't know whether the opponent had to parade through an airport and get on a plane after the game. No, you don't know shit other than you think wearing a mask is an inconvenience and apparently that your daughter can't handle it emotionally, so therefore no team should ever wear masks under any circumstances. Are you one of those anti-semitic anti-vaxxers who thinks it is all a slippery slope and, before you know it, one team wearing masks for one game will result in all you anti-vaxxers lining up for the gas chamber? You are sounding very much like one of those people who believe in Jewish space lasers starting wildfires in CA forests that weren't properly raked.
Did something happen to your cheerios this morning?

Did something happen to your cheerios this morning?
EOTL had a long weekend watching the grand kids. I had the best weekend in a long time. Body surfing was epic. I actually had tourist come to me asking me if I was pro. I got one wave that was insane.

I'm not sure what your talking about, privacy can be a legal and or a moral choice.

People that want to can figure things out...games that get cancelled are public knowledge.

The reason they might have been cancelled can be more private. The Universities are not advertising or disclosing to the GP when Covid-19 protocols force a change of schedule or cancellation.

What would you have them do differently that's legal in California?

I'm not sure what your talking about, privacy can be a legal and or a moral choice.

People that want to can figure things out...games that get cancelled are public knowledge.

The reason they might have been cancelled can be more private. The Universities are not advertising or disclosing to the GP when Covid-19 protocols force a change of schedule or cancellation.

What would you have them do differently that's legal in California?

He would prefer that no one ever take any precautions to reduce the spread of Covid because non-conference women's soccer games are just too important. He is not interested in facts, just that his daughter is too emotionally fragile to wear a mask.

BTW, what a strange coincidence that so many kids on a college team with 39 players got Covid at the same time that they had to cancel two games before the infamous "maskgame-gate". We know the players didn't give to each other in practice or in the classroom, however, because the anti-mask anti-vaxxers tell us that never happens. So stupid to make them wear masks during a game knowing they all got Covid randomly and independently outside of practices and classes. I also hear that the other teams were really upset Cal didn't just let their Covid positive kids loose and play the games without telling them they were Covid positive. It's not like Jerry Smith is pushing 80 or anything, or any of the players have neighbors, teachers, coaches, or family over 65 or with medical conditions that make them high risk.

Covid is all a hoax anyway. They are all dying from motorcycle accidents and gunshot wounds.

CAL cancelled there against Santa Clara because they said they had multiple cases due to Covid. That was 100% false because they had enough players to play the game. CAL didn't want to play because they had certain players out making it easy to say due to Covid we have to cancel.

CAL cancelled there against Santa Clara because they said they had multiple cases due to Covid. That was 100% false because they had enough players to play the game. CAL didn't want to play because they had certain players out making it easy to say due to Covid we have to cancel.

How many of the Cal players were either positive or lived with someone who was?

Don't know about CAL but the protocol doesn't really give latitude: x # of positive(s) can trigger suspension. At some places in CA that could be a single positive that week.

The men have had covid 19 cancels also it's just there not publicized due to California privacy, ethics, and other medical type acts, laws, regs.

With close contacts, you can bet most if not all of those 40 players should be quarantining.

Back