It's Just For Your Own Good !

Gaslighting is waaaay overused as a phrase. It has lost the original meaning of a deliberate attempt to convince others of a known falsehood. Now it just means " I disagree, therefore you are lying."

If you think I am wrong about repeated boosters causing longer lasting immunity, say so. Tell me why adults do not need MMR boosters, but kids do. I assumed it was because the single MMR shot decays more quickly than a series of MMR shots.

But take the time to think. Don't just say "oh, just gaslighting", and pretend that an accusation is a reasonable substitute for logical thought.
Point taken with gaslighting, not one of my favorite terms and one certainly overused the last 18 months - across all professional segments.

Plenty of nuance in the world of vaccines/vaccination/immunolgoy. Not enough time and space to professionaly discuss on a youth soccer forum. Experts disagree and are perplexed - its' why there is always research going on. Plenty of discussion/research around the idea of MMR/DTAP and covid. At this point, throwing mud on the wall and seeing what sticks.

Gaslighting is waaaay overused as a phrase. It has lost the original meaning of a deliberate attempt to convince others of a known falsehood. Now it just means " I disagree, therefore you are lying."

If you think I am wrong about repeated boosters causing longer lasting immunity, say so. Tell me why adults do not need MMR boosters, but kids do. I assumed it was because the single MMR shot decays more quickly than a series of MMR shots.

But take the time to think. Don't just say "oh, just gaslighting", and pretend that an accusation is a reasonable substitute for logical thought.
The problem with your rationale regarding boosters causing longer lasting immunity is you're trying to say that correlation, albeit absent, is the cause of COVID immunity. Their is no evidence that boosters are causing longer lasting immunity weeks after deployment. You are wrong. Again.

It won't go away soon. You have 20% of the population insisting on their right to act as a disease reservoir. They will get their wish.

As you said, it will become endemic. The question is just endemic at what level.
The Corona virus hasn't gone away in 55 million years Sherlock. And yet the world population is approaching 8 billion despite your gaslighting term, "disease reservoir" being what people wish for. If you don't like the term, gas lighting, quit fueling it with your eloquent ignorance.

How bad was your most recent pertussis infection?

If you never had one, be sure to thank everyone around you for getting four boosters when they were healthy children. Those shots built up the T-cell based immunity you like to talk about
The big difference is the vaccines you are talking about were developed and tested over years before being used in the general public.

So they knew how long they lasted, how many if any boosters are needed, etc.

With the covid vax they are winging it. Is it one shot? 2? How far apart? Will a 3rd make a difference? Will there be more needed? And then we don't know if it is wise council to vaxx a pregnant woman for instance. What other people fall into various risk categories that shouldn't take the vax.

We don't know if long term for most of us who have no risk is it better to just get covid and build up natural immunity. Remember we know who is at risk.

These are all questions that are usually learned over the course of YEARS in the development of a vaccine.

And because we really don't know many of those questions, we should not MANDATE people to get vaxxed. We certainly should not be requiring the young because they have zero risk.

The problem with your rationale regarding boosters causing longer lasting immunity is you're trying to say that correlation, albeit absent, is the cause of COVID immunity. Their is no evidence that boosters are causing longer lasting immunity weeks after deployment. You are wrong. Again.
It's like trying to teach someone something you never did yourself, like live through the long term side effects of two jabs+boosters+boosters+more boosters made from a lab in Wuhan China. These clowns tell us it's safe and nothing to worry about regarding long term because were still in the short term. Bill, Tony and Jeffrey are all in on it. Big trial coming on Monday and The List of those blackmailed will be coming out soon to a Tel A True Vision nearest you and you will be forced to see the truth of why this had to happen.

It's like trying to teach someone something you never did yourself, like live through the long term side effects of two jabs+boosters+boosters+more boosters made from a lab in Wuhan China. These clowns tell us it's safe and nothing to worry about regarding long term because were still in the short term. Bill, Tony and Jeffrey are all in on it. Big trial coming on Monday and The List of those blackmailed will be coming out soon to a Tel A True Vision nearest you and you will be forced to see the truth of why this had to happen.
Dad is about as dumb as they come. His word salad is well tossed.

Dad is about as dumb as they come. His word salad is well tossed.
Reminds me of this sales trainer I had back in my Yellow Page days. Dude was teaching us door knocking moves that he never performed himself, only in the classroom did he teach to knock on doors. No real world experience. This dude talked a big game but never went out himself to get yelled at, closed the door on, told to fuck off and dont let the door hit you on the way out and so many more mean things business owners would yell at me all because I was trying to help their business get new customers from new phone calls from the phone book. I told one guy because of his piss poor attitude towards me he will be OB by the time I circle around for next years directory. I told hiim never to talk so rude to anyone who walks into your business. I could be a customer I told him. He chased me out and was so mad at me for telling him the truth. Sure enough, dude was OB the following years book!!! True story Bruddah IZ.

I agree it’s overused. The gaslighting part is you are saying the pertussis vaccine is no big deal so covid boosters are no big deal. You know that’s not true. The covid shot is at a minimum unpleasant, has some scary side effects and has only been around a short time. You know they aren’t comparable which makes it a bad faith argument.

I don’t know if repeated boosters can confirm long lasting immunity. You don’t know the answer to that either (is it a chicken pox vaccine or is it the flu shot). All I’m saying is if more than 3 are required for “herd immunity” (whatever your definition) you aren’t going to get there (and I’d say 3 is less likely than so considering you are having such a tough time with 2)

I agree it’s overused. The gaslighting part is you are saying the pertussis vaccine is no big deal so covid boosters are no big deal. You know that’s not true. The covid shot is at a minimum unpleasant, has some scary side effects and has only been around a short time. You know they aren’t comparable which makes it a bad faith argument.

I don’t know if repeated boosters can confirm long lasting immunity. You don’t know the answer to that either (is it a chicken pox vaccine or is it the flu shot). All I’m saying is if more than 3 are required for “herd immunity” (whatever your definition) you aren’t going to get there (and I’d say 3 is less likely than so considering you are having such a tough time with 2)

Looks like you just lit up another gaslight.

you’re gaslighting again, grace.

Back