Is your club financially sound?

And IMO that kind of weak-minded approach is exactly why we have such a hyper political environment. I don’t take part in it. If you think a shirtless workout justifies using the words ‘sexual connotation’ then we’re just on a completely different page.

We’ve got to stop with this nit-picking of minor things; it’s making kids mentally weaker and more anxious about everything. Your DD isn’t part of the club so you’ve got nothing to worry about. I respect your opinion; I just don’t share your approach and mindset. All good.

You do you -we agree on some things and don't understand each other other things - that's why we live where we live. Please re read what I said. I did not say it justifies sexual connotation, I am saying that to some, it could suggest it - then read the next sentence as to my opinion.

I agree that we are nit picking and that kids need to be more resilient BUT Someone would be foolish and naive to think something as innocuous as conducting an officially sanctioned workout without out without a shirt with minors wouldn't become a target in today's environment. You don't have "partake" in today's ridiculous political environment, but you can certainly become collateral damage.

I teach my kids to be resilient, not be thinned skin (2nd place is first loser), and have common sense. It's also likely just as important for them to be aware of their environment and be emotionally intelligent.

You have a choice, as do others. And you are right, my DD is not in your club, and it would likely be her choice. Based on your comments , I would certainly not choose your club but others may. Choices, gotta luv em.

Bless you. No worries, we’re cut from a different cloth. I agree with you on minor things related to actual soccer IQ. However, if you focus on pointless minor things, you lose sight of the real goal. If you’ve ever played sport at any solid level, you’ll understand that.

We’re all different. For those who are uncomfortable or want to pander to a hyper politically correct environment, I’m not the coach for you. Good job we have thousands of coaches and clubs to choose from. Each to their own. Respect.
I really feel bad that you are missing the point. It's not about politically correct or living by the beach, etc.
It's about Professionalism.

Sexual connotation? Dude, you need to get out more.

Oh, wait...
Dude, I'm trying - Wait, since I don't live in your state, we get out often, which is nice. Was just in your state last week, people were in fact everywhere, and with no shirts on. I didn't see any officially sanctioned shirtless training being conducted on any beach though. For the record, while on the beach/boat, shirts were optional for the fam, all chose to not wear shirts.

As with everything, it depends on your personal perception and whether or not you conform to what society asks of you or whether you live your own truth and life.

I’m gonna sidestep this thread now. Some of you have raised fair points and I respect them. Take it easy lads.

I know of a coach that would send text messages to his female 12 year old players at 5:30 am as he was heading to the gym. He was trying to motivate and inspire. Maybe it did - But i think it's extremely creepy for a 26 year old man to text 12 year old girls for any reason. (Not sure if he had a shirt on or not).

This opens up a really interesting conversation about what is and what isn’t acceptable communication practices between an adult and his players. My 13 year old daughter and her teammates (and the team manager mother of one of the girls) are on a group chat on an app that the coach uses to communicate directly with the players as a group. Motivational stuff, good job at the game today, weekly running challenge, bring both jerseys to practice tonight, that kind of stuff. He sought permission from the parents before setting it up and laid the ground rules of no one one texts and that the team manger would be copied on everything. We were fine with it, as were all of the other parents, but I can see how some people have different levels of comfort.

This opens up a really interesting conversation about what is and what isn’t acceptable communication practices between an adult and his players. My 13 year old daughter and her teammates (and the team manager mother of one of the girls) are on a group chat on an app that the coach uses to communicate directly with the players as a group. Motivational stuff, good job at the game today, weekly running challenge, bring both jerseys to practice tonight, that kind of stuff. He sought permission from the parents before setting it up and laid the ground rules of no one one texts and that the team manger would be copied on everything. We were fine with it, as were all of the other parents, but I can see how some people have different levels of comfort.
Age is key. Context is key too. I dont know this Coach and he seems open and honest. That's my read but i could be wrong. It sound like a turf war going on. Santa Monica is a beach town and everyone is walking around half naked. If it's one on one with a 17 or younger, not good. I'm not guessing that, but could be wrong. I would from now on have your shirt on with minors around. If he's doing an online zoom training sessions with multiple ages and everyone is there like this one ab one my dd works out to, then no problem from me.

Dude, I'm trying - Wait, since I don't live in your state, we get out often, which is nice. Was just in your state last week, people were in fact everywhere, and with no shirts on. I didn't see any officially sanctioned shirtless training being conducted on any beach though. For the record, while on the beach/boat, shirts were optional for the fam, all chose to not wear shirts.
Magoo hasn’t left his basement since the turn of the century.....

Back