Is this in the future for the GDA?

We were offered spots on other San Diego clubs or parents whose kids were on those clubs suggested out boys were good enough to be on "real teams". We politely turned those aside and I didn't complain when my older son decided he wanted to abandon his long-time teammates to play with his school buddies on a neighboring club's BU15 team, a level higher in the Presidio brackets and a year up for him. The nastiness didn't really start until high school years. Club coaches can say anything; college coaches are constrained by NCAA regulations but can still be offensive in other ways, such as pointing out how much more prestige there would be playing at their almost-Ivy college instead of one of those State schools.

Yes, facts can be offensive sometimes. Truly nasty.

We were offered spots on other San Diego clubs or parents whose kids were on those clubs suggested out boys were good enough to be on "real teams". We politely turned those aside and I didn't complain when my older son decided he wanted to abandon his long-time teammates to play with his school buddies on a neighboring club's BU15 team, a level higher in the Presidio brackets and a year up for him. The nastiness didn't really start until high school years. Club coaches can say anything; college coaches are constrained by NCAA regulations but can still be offensive in other ways, such as pointing out how much more prestige there would be playing at their almost-Ivy college instead of one of those State schools.
Hahaha. How about this one: DD heads out to NC for first big DA showcase will all the scouts. Everyone and anyone is there. Coach/club already disappointed at my little goat because she already told them NO MAS, I want to play with my HS buddies next year. Fist game with da scouts and coach says: "Hey little goat, you know I always pick one goat out of other the coats to sit one out. Today, your the lucky goat I picked." Cool stuff the coaches do to the kids after they help win the club #11 :)

Hahaha. How about this one: DD heads out to NC for first big DA showcase will all the scouts. Everyone and anyone is there. Coach/club already disappointed at my little goat because she already told them NO MAS, I want to play with my HS buddies next year. Fist game with da scouts and coach says: "Hey little goat, you know I always pick one goat out of other the coats to sit one out. Today, your the lucky goat I picked." Cool stuff the coaches do to the kids after they help win the club #11 :)
My dd influences others if you know what I mean. Not good to have the oldest one around saying things like, "why can't I do both HS and the DA?" That's how my dd is. Is that bad? I hear she wasn't the only asking the same questions. Girls have a way to get what they want from their dads, trust me :) That's why I knew this 4 day training program was a load of crap. Most girls would never do it. No one is unless they move away from peer pressure, live in the woods, are home schooled and train everyday with their coach, dad, mom and do that everyday, alone..... No thanks!!! Plus my dd wanted to have fun too. NC was a prep class for college, not no YNT. "Where is your home work?" "Hand in your phones now!!!" You see, my little goat wanted to have fun and if you want to represent the USA in soccer these days you can't have fun. She frankly was a bad influence on all the girls who wanted to play HS Soccer and have a little social fun once in awhile (no boyfriends I promise).

Buyer Beware, when you fly to Florida and play in hot, humid sweat and you see dads & moms there making sure there dd gets 25% starts, make sure you get a hug from the Bushman. He has booth in the corner over by the Alligator lake. Free hugs too :) Also, make sure to get something signed before you leave on the flight across the country that guarantees your goat three starts, position and all minutes played unless it's a blow out. I have a friend whose dd flew to NC and sat on the bench in 30 degree weather and played last 5 minutes in front of all the scouts. Coach said, "Scouts like to see who can come off the bench when their ass is freezing." Score was 8-0 when she came in to show her stuff. Her best friend keeps scoring all the goals, starts and plays the whole game and already has a full ride to big time college at 13. Sally ask her mom what she's doing wrong and mom say she's not working hard enough and not putting in the time to juggle and do more than the 4 days of training that is required.....at least. So mom has a few bucks and will pay for the training she can make sure that never happens again to her little baby. She went again one more time and saw all the writing on the wall and got out. Now plays local league, plays, plays, plays, the whole game and is lo0king at great D2 school close to home. Full ride too because she is a very good kid, excellent student and good soccer player. Plus, she's having fun :) If your not playing, how can that be fun?

Buyer Beware, when you fly to Florida and play in hot, humid sweat and you see dads & moms there making sure there dd gets 25% starts, make sure you get a hug from the Bushman. He has booth in the corner over by the Alligator lake. Free hugs too :) Also, make sure to get something signed before you leave on the flight across the country that guarantees your goat three starts, position and all minutes played unless it's a blow out. I have a friend whose dd flew to NC and sat on the bench in 30 degree weather and played last 5 minutes in front of all the scouts. Coach said, "Scouts like to see who can come off the bench when their ass is freezing." Score was 8-0 when she came in to show her stuff. Her best friend keeps scoring all the goals, starts and plays the whole game and already has a full ride to big time college at 13. Sally ask her mom what she's doing wrong and mom say she's not working hard enough and not putting in the time to juggle and do more than the 4 days of training that is required.....at least. So mom has a few bucks and will pay for the training she can make sure that never happens again to her little baby. She went again one more time and saw all the writing on the wall and got out. Now plays local league, plays, plays, plays, the whole game and is lo0king at great D2 school close to home. Full ride too because she is a very good kid, excellent student and good soccer player. Plus, she's having fun :) If your not playing, how can that be fun?

Justus! Don't make fun of my hugs. I'm not that kind of a guy to just give out my hugs. I was serious!

Justus! Don't make fun of my hugs. I'm not that kind of a guy to just give out my hugs. I was serious!
Ya right, say hi to the fellas. Sounds like the place I would like to spend 6 days for youth soccer. Fly in Tues late and have a parent meeting at 11:30pm EST to make sure the little trouble makers aren't having any fun, and you better not be up late too. Practice at the fields Wednesday at 8am. Dads are out golfing and drinking booze at 6am. Go to FSU for sight seeing tour at 12. Watch Chelsea v MC at 5pm, eat dinner and turn in cell phone. No talking after 8pm. Need to prepare for big match up with BSFU on Thursday, #1 on the East Coast according to @MARsSPEED and the new and improved GotSoccer rankings. Have big game at 7am (girls are happy because it's not 100 degrees yet and some just want to get it over with so they can go sight seeing and maybe check out the beach. You win big challenge 11-1. You repeat the same cycle until you leave on Monday. I think the dads are the one's having most of the fun. Have fun in FL Bushman :)

Today I want to dive deeper into the workings of the TCs and how the DA Philosophy is taught to our future 11 year old players who might one day make it all the way to the National Team.
Is there anyone on here with a 11-12-13 year old not playing DA that has been approached, recruited or offered anything by "new" franchises popping up in your area like a Vegas Albion or LA Surf? Are they using the TC and scouts to make you at least think about want your not going to receive if you don't go? Better coaches? Anyone from Vegas Heat 04' feel the pressure to go all in DA and switch teams? Or at Heat no top Unicorns anyways and it doesn't matter? Was Heat approached to sell their soul to the DA and their club and they said no so DA built a "Walmart" next door with free vouchers so all the goods are free ? Any information would be helpful. TY

This song about sums it all up for me and my dd.
"Thunder": I Made It Because I Dreamed I Could
So, the lyrics of "Thunder" aren't very complicated, and the song, in fact, only has three unique stanzas. The basic premise is that Dan Reynolds is taking us back to when he was a child and a dreamer. Back then, he dreamed of the amazing things he wanted to do and didn't let his peers (who didn't bother to dream) keep him back. The idea of the title of "Thunder" is that when he was a kid, he was "lightning before the thunder." He was dreaming--there was that flash of light--but the rumbling thunder of success was coming.

Some have their own lives planned and their dds as well and won't understand this song and will make fun of it. Same guys that laughed at me when I was 11 and I told them I'm not going to college, I'm going to be a pro baseball player . Some boys & girls have bigger things planned like playing pro soccer or being a singer and they stare out the window at school half the time dreaming. I truly hope they have the last laugh someday. If your over 40 and looking out an office window and fell trapped and unappreciated, it's not too late to dream still. This is to all those with a dream still :) Over 1,000,000,000 views.

Ya right, say hi to the fellas. Sounds like the place I would like to spend 6 days for youth soccer. Fly in Tues late and have a parent meeting at 11:30pm EST to make sure the little trouble makers aren't having any fun, and you better not be up late too. Practice at the fields Wednesday at 8am. Dads are out golfing and drinking booze at 6am. Go to FSU for sight seeing tour at 12. Watch Chelsea v MC at 5pm, eat dinner and turn in cell phone. No talking after 8pm. Need to prepare for big match up with BSFU on Thursday, #1 on the East Coast according to @MARsSPEED and the new and improved GotSoccer rankings. Have big game at 7am (girls are happy because it's not 100 degrees yet and some just want to get it over with so they can go sight seeing and maybe check out the beach. You win big challenge 11-1. You repeat the same cycle until you leave on Monday. I think the dads are the one's having most of the fun. Have fun in FL Bushman :)

Who is BSFU? Justus, you are really growing on me, especially when mentioned shooting a 98 while on soccer holiday.

Back