Is Surf Cup happening?

Clemson football players have 14 that came down with it. I think they plan on getting it early so when it comes time for National Championship run they will be healthy. ;)

What parents suppose to do if they are not allowed to attend games? Drop kids off and hand out in a car? beach?
I'll volunteer to video the whole game for the team. With a mask. 6+ feet away. And not yell at the coaches or referees or players.

Why wouldn't it happen??? Kids don't get sick and I haven't heard of one youth soccer player getting sick. They should be back playing now... European leagues are back and the players are not getting sick. Why are they allowed and youth are not??
Because this happen, and when that happen and it was all by surprise, they had to do this and that, to make it look like this, so we all can look like that.

Is that a good thing? I think I remember you posting and telling us all you are both 27 ;)
I'm trying to get more honest. She told me she got carded at Trader Joes yesterday, no lie. It was her Mask she said. My wife has worked very hard to be healthy. Her example helped me lose weight and get me ready for this virus. Between you and I, she told me about this along time ago and I laughed her off.

Why?

CDC shows nationwide that a total of 160 people under the age of 24 have died.

Other countries see the same type of stats.

During that same time period the CDC has tracked 151 deaths under 24 that have died due to the flu.
Because their kid conveniently falls within that “line of acceptable”.....

Didn't the county send some safer back to play thing to the governor for July?

Not sounding promising but never know when's big $$ are involved.
Agreed, surf cup weekend brings in a lot of money for San Diego county. It is very clear that decisions are being made based on money so I would be very surprised if surf cup doesn’t happen. Parents will probably have to jump through some hoops but that’s fine, we are adults, we can handle it as long as the kids can have some fun.

Why?

CDC shows nationwide that a total of 160 people under the age of 24 have died.

Other countries see the same type of stats.

During that same time period the CDC has tracked 151 deaths under 24 that have died due to the flu.
It is about transmission, not immediate danger to the kid.

Based on European and Israeli schools data, 15 year olds are old enough to transmit the disease to each other, but 9 year olds are not. (age numbers came from the WSJ article on Israeli school re-closures.

I don’t agree with the theory that it is safe to allow the disease to spread and rely on a firewall around the vulnerable. The firewall inevitably leaks. We’re better off controlling the spread.

To answer kicker’s question, I have kids in both age ranges. The older two are having to make do with bike rides and minecraft, just like the rest of the kids in their classes. They’d love their quarantine to be over, too. The numbers just don’t support it.

did anyone catch the pride parade in chicago? its not california but the media wasn't bitching about covid with that mass gathering. If they would stop F ing with people this might have been gone by now.

Clemson football players have 14 that came down with it. I think they plan on getting it early so when it comes time for National Championship run they will be healthy. ;)

It "Team" herd immunity a thing? If so, they are getting close.

Back