Is Surf Cup happening?

Agreed, surf cup weekend brings in a lot of money for San Diego county. It is very clear that decisions are being made based on money so I would be very surprised if surf cup doesn’t happen. Parents will probably have to jump through some hoops but that’s fine, we are adults, we can handle it as long as the kids can have some fun.
IDK, bar money is probably greener than youth sports money, and bars are now closed. Did Surf and Albion get prior County approval to hold the tournaments or are they just betting on the come? I can't see a mass soccer gathering getting approved unless the kids, coaches and parents are carrying PC protest signs.

did anyone catch the pride parade in chicago? its not california but the media wasn't bitching about covid with that mass gathering. If they would stop F ing with people this might have been gone by now.
They aren't effing with us. They just aren't willing to say that a pride or BLM event could be a bad thing.

It is, if course. Any gathering that size is a bad idea. But they cant say it.

But that isnt a reason to lose the mask and hold a kegger.

Arizona’s governor ordered bars, nightclubs and water parks to close again for at least a month starting Monday night. I would expect California to quickly follow this act including dining in at restaurants.

It is about transmission, not immediate danger to the kid.

Based on European and Israeli schools data, 15 year olds are old enough to transmit the disease to each other, but 9 year olds are not. (age numbers came from the WSJ article on Israeli school re-closures.

I don’t agree with the theory that it is safe to allow the disease to spread and rely on a firewall around the vulnerable. The firewall inevitably leaks. We’re better off controlling the spread.

To answer kicker’s question, I have kids in both age ranges. The older two are having to make do with bike rides and minecraft, just like the rest of the kids in their classes. They’d love their quarantine to be over, too. The numbers just don’t support it.
Actually there is little to no evidence that 15 yr olds transmit at a higher level vs younger kids.

Here is the recommendation from one of the leading child hospitals in the world regarding elementary through high school.

- the recommend opening
- recommend NO masks, etc.

Look them up. Here are their recommendations. They talk about what the numbers show world wide with respect to children.

Actually there is little to no evidence that 15 yr olds transmit at a higher level vs younger kids.

Here is the recommendation from one of the leading child hospitals in the world regarding elementary through high school.

- the recommend opening
- recommend NO masks, etc.

Look them up. Here are their recommendations. They talk about what the numbers show world wide with respect to children.
I read the whole thing, and could not find a single sentence about transmission risk by age. It is mostly about how to reopen schools in Canada, and how to explain the decisions to parents. As far as I can tell, not a single word addressed whether 5 year olds are epidemiologically different from 17 year olds.

What page and which paragraphs are you talking about?

I read the whole thing, and could not find a single sentence about transmission risk by age. It is mostly about how to reopen schools in Canada, and how to explain the decisions to parents. As far as I can tell, not a single word addressed whether 5 year olds are epidemiologically different from 17 year olds.

What page and which paragraphs are you talking about?
"evidence is mounting that children may be less susceptible to SARS-CoV-2 infection and may be less likely to transmit the virus to others.9,10"

bean-counter-shutterstock-370x278.jpg

Trying to figure out how to make some money one way or the other while minimizing the bailouts.

did anyone catch the pride parade in chicago? its not california but the media wasn't bitching about covid with that mass gathering. If they would stop F ing with people this might have been gone by now.

I saw it. https://blockclubchicago.org/2020/0...ands-show-up-for-black-and-transgender-lives/

And as the photos show, most people were masked so much like the protests in NYC have shown, you would not expect this to increase transmissions.

Hong Kong has the same population as LA and much greater density. They never locked down and have had about ten deaths. Why? Because they have 97% mask compliance. Testing, tracing and masks. If we could all agree to that and had some leadership this thing would be mostly behind us in two months. Instead we have people saying that it violates their rights or making up that it's unhealthy. And some want to say they can't breathe with one one, but somehow are healthy enough to deal with the virus if they get it.

All of this means that we are going to be talking about anything but actual soccer being played for a long while.

I saw it. https://blockclubchicago.org/2020/0...ands-show-up-for-black-and-transgender-lives/

And as the photos show, most people were masked so much like the protests in NYC have shown, you would not expect this to increase transmissions.

Hong Kong has the same population as LA and much greater density. They never locked down and have had about ten deaths. Why? Because they have 97% mask compliance. Testing, tracing and masks. If we could all agree to that and had some leadership this thing would be mostly behind us in two months. Instead we have people saying that it violates their rights or making up that it's unhealthy. And some want to say they can't breathe with one one, but somehow are healthy enough to deal with the virus if they get it.

All of this means that we are going to be talking about anything but actual soccer being played for a long while.

I second this. Everyone put on a mask so we can play in Surf Cup, Albion Cup, and whatever other tournaments are open along the coast. (Sorry Silverlakes - we live in CA not Arizona for a reason)

I don't care what your political affiliation is. Just put on a mask or face shield. We'd like to move on with our lives and watch our children get their butts kicked on the soccer pitch by all the unicorns out there.

Hong kong gets tracked so that's a no go here. I agree the scientists lied to us. They said dont use masks that they didn't work. Now they do work. People get mad and protest the government and get hammered by the media for not wearing masks. Then the protestors and looters are out there the next week without the masks and the media goes radio silence. Then the media is back out against people not wearing masks. Then they took pride day off. Now we are back to masks being the answer. So the back and forth leads people right down the path to calling bullshit on all of it.

They aren't effing with us. They just aren't willing to say that a pride or BLM event could be a bad thing.

It is, if course. Any gathering that size is a bad idea. But they cant say it.

But that isnt a reason to lose the mask and hold a kegger.
they can say it but they won't say it

Back