Is MVLA 04 Blue one of the best teams of all time?

I know SoCal Blues 01’s or 02,s went undefeated for two years and won multiple National championships. They had a collection of some of the best athletes youth soccer have seen but considering you can’t recruit in NorCal I was wondering if people think the MVLA 04 Barcelona Blue team is one of the best teams of all time especially since they’ve never lost to a SoCal team in ECNL. Let me know what you think.

I saw two of their games at Nationals. Great team, but not in the GOAT category, IMO.
I think we can say they ((MLVA)) have an argument for top GOAT Team from 2016-2021. For sure the most consistent in staying with possession. We also had that horrible age change and that three letter league that was complete sham that caused all the top teams in Socal to break up and expand the top teams from 8 to over 20+. MOO, I think the San Jose Earthquakes were a better team. I will also say MOO, that the Surf 04's National Champions on 2017 were the GOATs but that's just MOO :)

Did they play any heavyweights from the DA? As you know, a lot of the talent in So Cal migrated to that league; SO any ECNL championship in that time period is not out of this world.

Did they play any heavyweights from the DA? As you know, a lot of the talent in So Cal migrated to that league; SO any ECNL championship in that time period is not out of this world.
They beat the 04 Earthquakes DA team that won the DA national title the last couple of times they played each other (before the DA/ECNL break), if I am not mistaken. They have definitely been the most consistently high quality soccer team that we have faced over the past 6 years.

They beat the 04 Earthquakes DA team that won the DA national title the last couple of times they played each other (before the DA/ECNL break), if I am not mistaken. They have definitely been the most consistently high quality soccer team that we have faced over the past 6 years.
No, that was before the GDA was in business and I believe they all played on the Force to be wreaking with. Yesterday's 04 ((now 03/04)) MLVA team is not the same team that beat the Force either from 2017. Let's not go all GOAT on that team. The Bakers 02/03 was the GOAT of all time. Turner, Jackson and Rodman up top is still the best of the best that I have ever seen with my eyes. Add the GK and all the others greats and you have the all time GOAT youth soccer team of all time. Trust me, I was there watching with my own two eyes for two years and my ears took an earful from the two brothers as well. The greatest soccer story I have is when my baby goat scored on them. You see, we used to scrimmage them once a month because we were the best 03/04 team in the State back in the day. My dd snuck behind the sleeping defense and we went up 1-0. GB lost his shit and took out the player that was score on by an 04'. I was so proud of my dd sneak attack....lol but I also felt super sad for the girl that got yelled at. We lost 10-1 and we never scored a goal again. Rodman was impossible to guard and I think she scored 7 goals on us. True story too :)

No, that was before the GDA was in business and I believe they all played on the Force to be wreaking with. Yesterday's 04 ((now 03/04)) MLVA team is not the same team that beat the Force either from 2017. Let's not go all GOAT on that team. The Bakers 02/03 was the GOAT of all time. Turner, Jackson and Rodman up top is still the best of the best that I have ever seen with my eyes. Add the GK and all the others greats and you have the all time GOAT youth soccer team of all time. Trust me, I was there watching with my own two eyes for two years and my ears took an earful from the two brothers as well. The greatest soccer story I have is when my baby goat scored on them. You see, we used to scrimmage them once a month because we were the best 03/04 team in the State back in the day. My dd snuck behind the sleeping defense and we went up 1-0. GB lost his shit and took out the player that was score on by an 04'. I was so proud of my dd sneak attack....lol but I also felt super sad for the girl that got yelled at. We lost 10-1 and we never scored a goal again. Rodman was impossible to guard and I think she scored 7 goals on us. True story too :)
That is why I said before the DA/ECNL -- The Quakes 04 team was the Force 04 team-- When DA started the Force team went to Quakes and forfeited the last few games of their ECNL season (Quality). For the most part, I believe both teams are the same with a couple of exceptions or at least they have seemed to be when going against them. I have no idea about GOAT's all time and NorCal v SoCal, but they don't lose often especially with something on the line.

That is why I said before the DA/ECNL -- The Quakes 04 team was the Force 04 team-- When DA started the Force team went to Quakes and forfeited the last few games of their ECNL season (Quality). For the most part, I believe both teams are the same with a couple of exceptions or at least they have seemed to be when going against them. I have no idea about GOAT's all time and NorCal v SoCal, but they don't lose often especially with something on the line.
I agree. I just mess around with my Nocal buddies. I think MLVA plays the best soccer, meaning they actually pass the rock around and share it with the whole team. I saw LAFC this weekend and I was impressed with their passing as well. It's called sharing and playing the game the right way. I also saw kickball team that looked so physical they scare me and I hope my dd sits out so she doesnt get hurt if we play them. It's not worth it because college is around the corner and it's not wise to play rugby soccer. I bet MLVA has less injuries then other clubs because they work smart and not get all ruff and tuff with other teams. Kickball is back!!!

MVLA 04's have a great coach as well. Some of the losses they have had to other teams in Norcal cant give them the GOAT.

Barbershop talk is fun. Lebron vs. MJ, Magic vs. Bird

Every 3 to 5 years NorCal has a National Champion team and I appreciate the work that these coaches do to get them to that level. The gathering and development (Some of the top players are developed by other coaches) the athletic talent that it takes to beat those teams in So Cal and the rest of the country is special. Playing styles change, coaching methods evolve and the competitive landscape (clubs). I think it is more difficult to build teams like they did in the past. More qualified coaches are available (clubs), traffic has increased, educational requirements are more robust and people are more aware that there are greater pathways to college

I think they are the best Nor Cal team that has come around since the 98's. I know GOAT is all time but I like to separate them by eras and beleive they can claim goat of the 00's. The Force Barcelona team was good as well. Too bad they couldn't face off.

MVLA 04’s beat Placer United (DA quarter finalist) on a regular basis by 2 or 3 points. MVLA also beat EarthQuakes/ Force/ BA Barcelona/ many other Club names they went by, at the beginning of the inaugural GDA season along with Legends and a few other SoCal GDA teams… I watched those 01/02 SoCal teams and their athleticism and tenaciousness were incredible but the soccer was hideous. Trinity Rodman is a boss and the National team could have used her against Sweden but IMO the Ashley Sanchez Blue’s teams were better... It’s very unfortunate the platforms were split by over ambitious adults who have done a good job of ruining the soccer experience for the youth.

MVLA 04’s beat Placer United (DA quarter finalist) on a regular basis by 2 or 3 points. MVLA also beat EarthQuakes/ Force/ BA Barcelona/ many other Club names they went by, at the beginning of the inaugural GDA season along with Legends and a few other SoCal GDA teams… I watched those 01/02 SoCal teams and their athleticism and tenaciousness were incredible but the soccer was hideous. Trinity Rodman is a boss and the National team could have used her against Sweden but IMO the Ashley Sanchez Blue’s teams were better... It’s very unfortunate the platforms were split by over ambitious adults who have done a good job of ruining the soccer experience for the youth.
MVLA is my GOAT team for possession style of play because they stayed together and they play very sound soccer and it's fun to watch. I didnt see AS play live but those were some real good teams too. I did get a Doc pissed off at me because my little 10 year old left for Blues the same time AS left for Blues. Who knew that my dd was practically owned at such a young age.,,,,lol. "Give me back my player."

Well I've seen both the FCBA GA Championship team and the MVLA Championship team play this year with the COVID restrictions and all other issues. This question cannot be answered until you let them play heads up. It worked for the Super Bowl, let the GA play the ECNL for a championship each year then settle the question.

Well I've seen both the FCBA GA Championship team and the MVLA Championship team play this year with the COVID restrictions and all other issues. This question cannot be answered until you let them play heads up. It worked for the Super Bowl, let the GA play the ECNL for a championship each year then settle the question.
There’s one small difference, this years FCBA/ San Jose Surf GA team was a 03/04 team vs MVLA’s 04 team but yes I agree they should be able to play each other. Curious to see if the results would be any different than their previous results. FCBA/ San Jose Surf plus team is overdue for a win against MVLA.

I agree. I just mess around with my Nocal buddies. I think MLVA plays the best soccer, meaning they actually pass the rock around and share it with the whole team. I saw LAFC this weekend and I was impressed with their passing as well. It's called sharing and playing the game the right way. I also saw kickball team that looked so physical they scare me and I hope my dd sits out so she doesnt get hurt if we play them. It's not worth it because college is around the corner and it's not wise to play rugby soccer. I bet MLVA has less injuries then other clubs because they work smart and not get all ruff and tuff with other teams. Kickball is back!!!
You don't want to know about the mvla injury history! Among other clubs I'm sure.

Maybe MVLA and FCBA can play in NPL this year. They are slated for the same division but who knows how serious they will take that game. Hopefully both teams play their best for entertainments sake.

You don't want to know about the mvla injury history! Among other clubs I'm sure.

Maybe MVLA and FCBA can play in NPL this year. They are slated for the same division but who knows how serious they will take that game. Hopefully both teams play their best for entertainments sake.
MVLA has an injury history? I would think all would take that NPL game seriously as it would be another recruiting tool

MVLA has an injury history? I would think all would take that NPL game seriously as it would be another recruiting tool

2019: 2 starting CB’s out with ACL injuries just before spring ECNL season - team was still able to reach the ECNL final 4 with a 3rd place finish

2020: covid

2021: starting LB out with ACL injury - missed ECNL championship season.

So 3 starting defenders out over the last few years.

*The 2 injured players came back stronger than ever, expecting the 3rd to do the same next spring.

Back