Insurrection hearings

Yes of course I think it would have been justified. I think in the context of protecting lives from imminent threats (of police officer lives or anyone else for that matter) that the use of martial force is warranted. The politics of the situation doesn't change that for me. Sure there needs to be accountability, but at the end of the day our police force needs to have the tools to accomplish the task we give them.

I can empathize with leaders not using force. I can see why they look to defuse and present a non-threatening face. However in a world of Antifa and Proud Boys... common sense I think is all you need to realize the feel good solutions don't always workout the way they should and we need to calibrate our laws/response accordingly.
So don't plan, then shoot? Portland obviously has been a political decision. Local leaders not raising a finger to police their portion of real estate. Antifa obviously fully equipped to cause civil disturbance and given latitude to do as they wish.

JAN 6 should have been a no brainer. A bunch of dumb, backwards trumpers show up as predicted and planned. The majority unarmed and ill equipped to assault a building that should have been properly protected/defended. They had to use flag poles to beat up on police officers. Bike cops in shorts and a few untethered barriers hardly stopped the riled up crowd of unsophisticated degenerates. I wonder who decided to not properly position and equip assets to protect a building that was being used to conduct the Nation's most important business. As Americans we should be completely embarrassed by the way this turned out.

“protestors who were trying to burn alive federal law enforcement officers” where did that come from?
Peaceful protests somehow always ends up with buildings on fire. Antifa in Portland repeatedly tried to set fire to the federal courthouse with officers inside. The same was done to local police precincts, attempting to barricade officers inside of their station and set fire to it. Mostly peaceful though.

Peaceful protests somehow always ends up with buildings on fire. Antifa in Portland repeatedly tried to set fire to the federal courthouse with officers inside. The same was done to local police precincts, attempting to barricade officers inside of their station and set fire to it. Mostly peaceful though.

Attempts at rational discussion on the internet somehow always end up with people pulling facts out of their asses.

Attempts at rational discussion on the internet somehow always end up with people pulling facts out of their asses.
Says the person with no facts to present. Disprove what I said. I guess I was asleep at the wheel last summer when certain cities burned every night.

It's hard to disprove a fact-free rant.

I'll check back on sunday night and see if you were able to find something that disputes Antifas efforts to set a Portland police station and a federal courthouse on fire with officers inside. Maybe they had good intentions. I'm sure there are good people dressed in Black Bloc attire

I'll check back on sunday night and see if you were able to find something that disputes Antifas efforts to set a Portland police station and a federal courthouse on fire with officers inside. Maybe they had good intentions. I'm sure there are good people dressed in Black Bloc attire
It's hard to disprove a fact-free rant.

It seems that you are agreeing that those who seek to damage federal buildings should be punished.
You said his statement was fact free….you’re wrong.

Yes anyone who actively engages in damaging federal buildings and endangering lives should face punishment.

You said his statement was fact free….you’re wrong.

Yes anyone who actively engages in damaging federal buildings and endangering lives should face punishment.

It was a rant. The discussion has become more reasonable now that we are talking about actual specific events.

I can't find a single source for the total number arrested, but it appears from several news articles that it's over 100 so far, and some protestors were injured by non-lethal projectiles (and no one is not counting the pepper-ball gas injuries).

W didn't pull any punches --

"We have seen growing evidence that the dangers to our country can come not only across borders but from violence that gathers within. There is little cultural overlap between violent extremists abroad and violent extremists at home. But in their disdain for pluralism, in their disregard for human life, in their determination to defile national symbols, they are children of the same foul spirit. It is our continuing duty to confront them."

W didn't pull any punches --

"We have seen growing evidence that the dangers to our country can come not only across borders but from violence that gathers within. There is little cultural overlap between violent extremists abroad and violent extremists at home. But in their disdain for pluralism, in their disregard for human life, in their determination to defile national symbols, they are children of the same foul spirit. It is our continuing duty to confront them."
You are a trip dude. What a loser & cheater. I see how yur little side kick Robin likes everything you post. Two pees and a POD!!!

Back