Insurrection hearings

The additional question was who provides oversight for the FBI. not that the FBI provided oversight for the capitol police.

The germane question, then, is who provided oversight for the FBI on Jan 6?

Are you going to run away from that one too as you did for your comment on the DOJ?

The germane question, then, is who provided oversight for the FBI on Jan 6?

Are you going to run away from that one too as you did for your comment on the DOJ?
Of course, deflect. FBI oversight is complex and layered, but you already know that. Wallow in your politics, it's more comfortable for you.

And slowly but surely the lie is being put to bed.

Some in the tin foil hat brigade still call it an insurrection because that is what they were spoon fed for so long.

Reuters reported Friday morning:

The FBI has found scant evidence that the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol was the result of an organized plot to overturn the presidential election result, according to four current and former law enforcement officials.

Though federal officials have arrested more than 570 alleged participants, the FBI at this point believes the violence was not centrally coordinated by far-right groups or prominent supporters of then-President Donald Trump, according to the sources, who have been either directly involved in or briefed regularly on the wide-ranging investigations.

And slowly but surely the lie is being put to bed.

Some in the tin foil hat brigade still call it an insurrection because that is what they were spoon fed for so long.

Reuters reported Friday morning:

The FBI has found scant evidence that the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol was the result of an organized plot to overturn the presidential election result, according to four current and former law enforcement officials.

Though federal officials have arrested more than 570 alleged participants, the FBI at this point believes the violence was not centrally coordinated by far-right groups or prominent supporters of then-President Donald Trump, according to the sources, who have been either directly involved in or briefed regularly on the wide-ranging investigations.

Meanwhile, the business of conducting adult analysis, listening to your subordinates, and making adult decisions slipped by the wayside. We wake up one morning to a full email inbox and the Taliban in Kabul...oops, forgot to to read that email, cable, smoke signal, love letter.

What we've seen is a series of Baghdad Bob type press conferences. I'm glad that we have vandals and trespassers in jail after JAN 6.

The Jan 6 shooter speaks --

Quite telling how t lured them in with talk of law and order then lead them to back insurrectionist and hate any police that did their job to stop the insurrection. That alone illustrates the naivete’ of the trump lover.

The Jan 6 shooter speaks --

Well I'm going to indulge my inner tough guy here, but personally watching those images I thought they possibly should have shot a few more. Like the guys using flag poles to beat an officer...

Well I'm going to indulge my inner tough guy here, but personally watching those images I thought they possibly should have shot a few more. Like the guys using flag poles to beat an officer...
Interesting take. Should federal law enforcement officers have done the same thing in Portland while trying to protect a Federal building?

Interesting take. Should federal law enforcement officers have done the same thing in Portland while trying to protect a Federal building?

I certainly called for a more vigorous law enforcement response to the destruction of property was needed to combat the rioting. That local leaders who refused to confront the people destroying their cities and federal buildings were only going to encourage more such behavior.

And seeing how the summer of riots was capped off by the attack on the Capital in January... it looks like I turned out to be right.

I certainly called for a more vigorous law enforcement response to the destruction of property was needed to combat the rioting. That local leaders who refused to confront the people destroying their cities and federal buildings were only going to encourage more such behavior.

And seeing how the summer of riots was capped off by the attack on the Capital in January... it looks like I turned out to be right.
So shooting and killing Antifa protestors who were trying to burn alive federal law enforcement officers would have been justified in your eyes? And that would have rightfully justified Capitol Police shooting and killing people who were hitting police with flag poles?

It's an interesting take since on both occasions, leaders didn't take the necessary steps to try and prevent the situations. In both cases, it appears as if leadership purposely sucked at planning and allowed events to occur, for political gain. Or was it incompetence?

So shooting and killing Antifa protestors who were trying to burn alive federal law enforcement officers would have been justified in your eyes? And that would have rightfully justified Capitol Police shooting and killing people who were hitting police with flag poles?

It's an interesting take since on both occasions, leaders didn't take the necessary steps to try and prevent the situations. In both cases, it appears as if leadership purposely sucked at planning and allowed events to occur, for political gain. Or was it incompetence?

Yes of course I think it would have been justified. I think in the context of protecting lives from imminent threats (of police officer lives or anyone else for that matter) that the use of martial force is warranted. The politics of the situation doesn't change that for me. Sure there needs to be accountability, but at the end of the day our police force needs to have the tools to accomplish the task we give them.

I can empathize with leaders not using force. I can see why they look to defuse and present a non-threatening face. However in a world of Antifa and Proud Boys... common sense I think is all you need to realize the feel good solutions don't always workout the way they should and we need to calibrate our laws/response accordingly.

Strawman.

Back