In SoCal what’s it going to be DA/DPL or ECNL?

G03 CRL Play-In was this weekend. LAGSD was the only DPL team listed in the brackets. They lost ALL THREE games. Including a 0-1 loss to Crown City United..a team that finished 2nd in their bracket in CSL. Almost forgot..(not really...just trying to make it suspenseful)...wait for it...CCU is a SILVER ELITE team!!
So please tell me again who DPL is on par with.......
Where's the crickets emoji when I need it?!?! :eek:

Don’t forget this year the G03 Pilot formed. For this age group the new DPL team is for sure not the B team!

G03 CRL Play-In was this weekend. LAGSD was the only DPL team listed in the brackets. They lost ALL THREE games. Including a 0-1 loss to Crown City United..a team that finished 2nd in their bracket in CSL. Almost forgot..(not really...just trying to make it suspenseful)...wait for it...CCU is a SILVER ELITE team!!
This team is basically the same team that played in Silver Elite Coast before DA. So how does the name change to DPL magically make them better than CSL and SCDSL teams?

At least the LAGSD team went out to compete. That is one important life lesson that we want our player to learn through competitive sports.

Other than Legends, who can produce DPL teams that can make it to National Cup semi-finals, most clubs don’t appear to have the depth to form high-level DPL teams. Credit LAGSD for trying.

I know of another club that was not able to form a 2002 DPL team that recruited a Silver/Flight 2 level team in to be their DPL team. The families were lured by the promise of playing at “the highest level.” If you ignore CRL, National Cup and open showcase results, you might just be able to maintain this belief.

I am not sure what life lesions are being taught by doing so, but it is what it is. Good luck to everyone.

03 A team players will be playing on the 02/03 combo team. Sorry but it the truth.

There will be talent playing on the 03 Pilot, a fact! We can come back to this discussion as the season evolves to prove it! Development is not about teams!

At least the LAGSD team went out to compete. That is one important life lesson that we want our player to learn through competitive sports.

Other than Legends, who can produce DPL teams that can make it to National Cup semi-finals, most clubs don’t appear to have the depth to form high-level DPL teams. Credit LAGSD for trying.

I know of another club that was not able to form a 2002 DPL team that recruited a Silver/Flight 2 level team in to be their DPL team. The families were lured by the promise of playing at “the highest level.” If you ignore CRL, National Cup and open showcase results, you might just be able to maintain this belief.

I am not sure what life lesions are being taught by doing so, but it is what it is. Good luck to everyone.

We try to teach our kids to be true to yourself and who you are. Don't try to be something you aren't.

You just made the best argument above as to why the DPL League should never have been formed in the first place.

So basically the 02 club/team you spoke of used the business model of duping people into buying something
that was really nothing.

And the life lessons being taught are to always read the fine print. If it sounds too good to be true it probably is.

And that life is full of choices. We have to live/learn from the choices we make.

(I tried to insert my answers between your paragraphs but I'm not smart enough to figure that stuff out. What can I say...I'm a DPL Dad..:eek:)
Just kidding. I'm smarter in that respect.

Back