Impact on coaches

You're so right about club soccer being small potatos. The restaurant industry is a real shit show right now. Been trying to do my best at supporting local spots before they shut their doors completely. Be safe out there people and pay it forward when possible.

You're so right about club soccer being small potatos. The restaurant industry is a real shit show right now. Been trying to do my best at supporting local spots before they shut their doors completely. Be safe out there people and pay it forward when possible.

It's probably not considered small potatoes for the tens of thousands of coaches across the country who do this for a living. Mostly as independent contractors with zero benefits. I can't imagine most clubs have much if anything beyond a month of wages in reserve.

Word is that most fields will be lock down until at least end of May. We are not in April yet and I sincerely hope parents are able to support their coaches.....

It's probably not considered small potatoes for the tens of thousands of coaches across the country who do this for a living. Mostly as independent contractors with zero benefits. I can't imagine most clubs have much if anything beyond a month of wages in reserve.
I'm not trying to minimize.. It is obviously impacting them and our overall soccer community... All communities for that matter. Won't be too many untouched by this F@#$'d up situation.

Word is that most fields will be lock down until at least end of May. We are not in April yet and I sincerely hope parents are able to support their coaches.....
My kids did their assigned training by the club trainer at a local field. Saw two private sessions with players by local coaches. Good to see.

same with our club
some coaches are not doing privates. some clubs are not letting their coaches do privates for kids within that club. if this lasts another month, it is going to be awful and the recession will be much worse than 2008. if this lasts a few months, then we will be in a global depression that will make the 1930's look like child's play. sad times.

My kids did their assigned training by the club trainer at a local field. Saw two private sessions with players by local coaches. Good to see.
people are out.

just drive through your neighborhood. kids are playing, parks are full like nothings going on.

seems the hit on the local economy's worse then the virus.

LA County has had 4 deaths so far from Corona. For the regular FLU SEASON 2018-2019 LA County reported 125 deaths

(https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2019/10/21/death-flu-season-la-county/)

Orange County ZERO deaths

Ventura County ZERO deaths

Santa Barbara County ZERO deaths

San Diego County ZERO deaths

people are out.

just drive through your neighborhood. kids are playing, parks are full like nothings going on.

LA County has had 4 deaths so far from Corona. For the regular FLU SEASON 2018-2019 LA County reported 125 deaths

The strand in the South Bay was brisk with people exercising.

people are out.

I quoted this post of yours so it can be revisited in four weeks time......it is very dangerous to suggest we over overreacting.....just wait......

I quoted this post of yours so it can be revisited in four weeks time......it is very dangerous to suggest we over overreacting.....just wait......

Since when does hard factual data lie? I can promise you in 4 weeks time theres going to be more deaths but in 4 weeks we will also know exactly what demographic the virus is hitting the hardest and thats going to be the elderly.

When you have a chance peek your head out side of your toilet paper fort. People are outside living life.

What seems to be happening around my neighborhood is that a lot of kids seem to really like basketball all of the sudden.

The old man showed up and sank a few (uncle drew head for me). Called 21, those kids couldn't believe I could consistently hit from long range. My son knows but he still gets on the other team since he wants to beat me, won't gaurd me but I still have handles if not the lungs or legs to run with them but we only have a half court.

Since when does hard factual data lie? I can promise you in 4 weeks time theres going to be more deaths but in 4 weeks we will also know exactly what demographic the virus is hitting the hardest and thats going to be the elderly.

When you have a chance peek your head out side of your toilet paper fort. People are outside living life.

My wife is nurse you uneducated and selfish moron....try reading literature by the Who......by not practicing and promoting social distancing the deaths of the elderly will be on your hands, as will those of our health care professionals who are entering the toughest period of their lives....

My wife is nurse you uneducated and selfish moron....try reading literature by the Who......by not practicing and promoting social distancing the deaths of the elderly will be on your hands, as will those of our health care professionals who are entering the toughest period of their lives....
Easy there snowflake.

Super dangerous.

People need to look at what is happening in Italy.

The main reason why China has recovered is the strict lockdown.

If we strictly lock down, the stock market will like it and see that this is a 2 month loss and as leading indicator the fall will not be as bad.

If the lockdown is not enforced, the stock market will see us becoming another Italy and no end in sight and drop further.

Please if you do not care about others or doubt the seriousness of it, do it not for others but social distance to save the stock market and your 401k.

Wife's a nurse too... Want to play some more?

Back