Ideas from the left

Wow.. I think Liz Warren has hot a new low, and for her that's hard to do.

rcp-site-arrow.png

• mobile-menu.png

paging-arrow.png
Back to Videos
Sen. Warren to Tibbetts Family: "This Is Hard" But We "Need" To Focus On "Real Problems" Like Family Separation
Ian Schwartz
On Date August 22, 2018

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) weighed in on Mollie Tibbetts, an Iowa girl murdered by an illegal immigrant, in an interview Wednesday. Warren gave her sympathies to the family but quickly changed the subject to the broader immigration reform. The Senator said she was "so sorry" for the family, but they "need" to "focus" on where the "real problems are" in the immigration system, such as the child separation policy at the border.

Symone Sanders, former spokeswoman for Bernie Sanders' presidential campaign, wrote in a Twitter missive that Tibbets lost her life due to "toxic masculinity." Tweets below.

(UPDATE BELOW: Angel Mom Tells Elizabeth Warren To Stop Lying)

JOHN BERMAN, CNN HOST: I want to get one last question in here because it is a story, a very important story in the news. It has to deal with Molly Tibbetts, the young woman in Iowa who was murdered, her bodied believed to be found yesterday. A person has been charge with it, this person is an undocumented immigrant. Mike Pence and the President has suggested immigration laws need to be stronger so that people like this man who was accused of this murder were not in the country, your reaction.

SEN. ELIZABETH WARREN (D-MA): My, I’m so sorry for the family here and I know this is hard and not only for the family but for the people in her community, the people throughout Iowa. But one of the things we have to remember is we need an immigration system that is effective, that focuses on where real problems are.

Last month, I went down to the border and I saw where children have been taken away from their mothers. I met with those mothers who had been lied to, who didn’t know where their children were, who hadn’t had a chance to talk to their children. And there was no plan for how they would be re-unified with their children.

I think we need immigration laws that focus on people who pose a real threat and I don’t think mom’s and babies are the place that we should be spending our resources. Separating a momma from a baby does not make this country safer.

The message needs to be constant, because the Left is never going to quit
with the Cheating and Stealing until they are held accountable in a HUGE
way.....

Remember " Complacency Kills ! ".......

From ideas from the left to promises from the left.. I give you Gavin Newsome.

On June 30, 2004, San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom won national headlines when he announced his “Ten Year Plan to Abolish Chronic Homelessness.”

Newsom said he wanted a “dramatic shift” from reactive policies used to deal with those without shelter who often suffer from addiction, mental illness or both. He promised that the aggressive transients seen in downtown areas harassing storekeepers, residents and tourists would get indoor housing; that the newly homeless would have access to immediate help to prevent them from going on downward spirals; and, perhaps most remarkably, that emergency homeless shelters eventually would have to close because they would have no transients left to serve.

Fourteen years later, Newsom’s promises seem like fantasies – or cruel jokes – in a city where the quality of life and the tourism industry feel under siege from 7,500 or more homeless people. Despite spending more than $2 billion on the problem since 2004 – vastly more than big cities with similar homeless issues – San Francisco officials sometimes convey the sense of feeling overwhelmed.

The notion that the problem is out of control is frequently illustrated by visiting journalists who make parts of the city seem like obstacle courses covered by feces, used needles and surly, erratic individuals ready to intimidate passers-by into giving them money.

In other news:

"Removing the word “heroic” to describe those who protected the Alamo was among the items included in a report penned by an advisory panel to the State Board of Education."

"As it stands now, curriculum phrasing of the topic is the “siege of the Alamo and all of the heroic defenders who gave their lives there,” according to the outlet."

"However, the word in question was reportedly described as being “value-charged” and the panel has suggested doing away with everything except the “siege of the Alamo.”

Value-charged? Just wondering how this makes our resident historian @espola feel.

In other news:

"Removing the word “heroic” to describe those who protected the Alamo was among the items included in a report penned by an advisory panel to the State Board of Education."

"As it stands now, curriculum phrasing of the topic is the “siege of the Alamo and all of the heroic defenders who gave their lives there,” according to the outlet."

"However, the word in question was reportedly described as being “value-charged” and the panel has suggested doing away with everything except the “siege of the Alamo.”

Value-charged? Just wondering how this makes our resident historian @espola feel.
What's the world coming to?
You can thank the bastard from Kenya for this sort of thought.

Back