ID Camps

The NCAA dead period extension affects two multi-school camps I know of...no D1 coaches may be present in person. They’re innovating and adapting. And we will too..

ps. One well known team practice at OCGP last night didn’t seem to be adhering to any sort of social distancing...

maybe I saw wrong so if someone can attest, I’m listening. But what I saw was coach with girls crowded around to hear what he was saying...
I thought you were joking but I guess not. Maybe just go up and tell the parents nicely and the coach of said club that not following protocol could ruin it for everyone else. I believe everyone should follow the rules. If they tell you to f off, then send email to Great Park officials with some pics. If Great Park tells you to f off, then come on here and start naming names and then we can all go tell the parents and coach to get their act together because we want to follow the rules and be safe and not get shut down. Did you do that yet? You kind of sound like a little snitch but that's me being judgie and I want to give you the benefit of the doubt. Is this club a club you have an ax to grind too?. We had people like this at church when I used to go. Apostle Paul called them gossips and busy bodies. Paul also help convert Gentiles and they tried to eat with the Jewish Christians and Peter's group. Paul had to deal with some interesting things back in the early ADs. Some we can apply to today and some, no way.........

Except to say that unlike your situation, I don’t have an axe to grind with any club.

I’ll have a closer look this week and decide if it’s worth the hassle of making an issue.

I spoke to a Great Park official and she said they have people in Plain Cloths as GP monitors walking the fields to make sure guidelines are followed. I take back my advise. She said people are getting really chippy already and not to take matters into your own hands and act as the GP police. Some folks are absolutely down playing the risk of the virus ((freedom fighters or t followers)) and some are the opposite and being tattletales like little Cindy Brady back in the day. Both folks are taking things to the extremes. She did say that some teams got a little competitive and lost their way and tried to actually play a soccer game. They were told to hold their horses and follow the rules like everyone else or your club will be suspended. She also said they might have a hotline to call in to report violators. This is 100% true. Play by the rules is my motto,

My son attended "multi college ID" when he was a freshman. At the time, he played for DA, and he often played-up to older age teams. So, I noted it to the camp organizers, but the camp devided players into two groups based on their grad year, and my son automatically went to the younger group. I felt the coaches didn't really pay attentions on the younger group side, even though my son dominated at the scrimmages. I also found that most of coaches in the camp were assistant coaches, and there are very few D1 head coaches. At the other hand, my son also attended real ID run by each college. At these camps, although my son started from the 2nd group with Fr and So, but the end of the camp, he was in the main group with pretty good Sr. and Jr. players. The head coach also spoke to my son in person, and I received a follow-up email.
For me, multi-college ID for Fr. and So is just for usual commercial summer camps everyone can join. It is not really elite ID camps. I do not know for Jr. and So., but I would like to go "real ID" run by each college.

To revive this thread and bring it back on topic, I have noticed that many smaller schools (esp. DIII, but also some DIs in the Ivy League or Patriot League) either don't run their own full-length ID camps or they do them with other schools. Some send a coach to participate in independently run camps (e.g., Exact) and some run one as a consortium where they may lead the camp and it may be located on their campus, but it has a separate name from the school and a bunch of other college coaches come to and staff the camp in addition to the host coaches. These seem like an efficient way to get exposure to lots of coaches at once, especially if you're going to the east coast and won't be able to go back there frequently, but perhaps you end up getting not enough exposure to any one of them and it ends up being a waste. Is it better to target the schools that have their own on-site options, even if your Fresh/Soph hasn't quite narrowed their schools down in that way or if you don't know whether you are a good candidate for that school yet?

To revive this thread and bring it back on topic, I have noticed that many smaller schools (esp. DIII, but also some DIs in the Ivy League or Patriot League) either don't run their own full-length ID camps or they do them with other schools. Some send a coach to participate in independently run camps (e.g., Exact) and some run one as a consortium where they may lead the camp and it may be located on their campus, but it has a separate name from the school and a bunch of other college coaches come to and staff the camp in addition to the host coaches. These seem like an efficient way to get exposure to lots of coaches at once, especially if you're going to the east coast and won't be able to go back there frequently, but perhaps you end up getting not enough exposure to any one of them and it ends up being a waste. Is it better to target the schools that have their own on-site options, even if your Fresh/Soph hasn't quite narrowed their schools down in that way or if you don't know whether you are a good candidate for that school yet?
Always a good idea to target a school(s) and go to their specific camp on their campus and have your kid's coach call or send a note ahead of time telling them they will be there. Only time the multi school camp might bare fruit is if your kid has been identified by a coach (es) and you let them know prior that you will be attending.... otherwise you can easily get lost in the shuffle.

Legends did ID camp this past weekend at Silverlakes open to all kids, not just Legends players. Since no D1 schools there they made it a 2 for 1 special getting this camp and then one in Spring once D1 coaches can participate. All parents had to stay in cars. Sadly my kid was sick thus missed it.

Schools there were Azusa Pacific University (D2), Cal Lutheran University (D3), Life Pacific College (NAIA), Cal State Los Angeles (D2), Texas Woman's University (D2), St. Katherine University (NAIA), Ottawa (AZ) University (NAIA), Arizona Christian University (NAIA), Westmont University (NAIA), Vanguard University (NAIA), San Francisco State (D2), Providence Christian University (NAIA), La Verne University (D3), Marymount California University (NAIA), Sierra Nevada University (NAIA), University of Redlands (D3), Mt. Sac College (JC)

Back