ID Camps

There are quite a few for-profit camps that bill themselves as ID Camps...college coaches in attendance, leading drills, coaching scrimmages etc. My daughter has been to a few and the first time, was nervous but now realizing that they’re fun, she meets people and maybe, just maybe, will get on a coach's radar...
Appreciate any thoughts, comments, experience with ID camps.. thanks.

School specific ID camps give your kid a chance to feel out the campus, meet the coach, and they express to the coaching staff that you are interested in their school. You need to target schools where your kid could actually play if you care about getting interest from the camp. Check the bios of players to see if their accolades roughly match your kid’s. Email ahead and if you can get your coach to call ahead and let them know your child is coming, even better.
I am not a fan of multi school camps most of the time.

My son attended "multi college ID" when he was a freshman. At the time, he played for DA, and he often played-up to older age teams. So, I noted it to the camp organizers, but the camp devided players into two groups based on their grad year, and my son automatically went to the younger group. I felt the coaches didn't really pay attentions on the younger group side, even though my son dominated at the scrimmages. I also found that most of coaches in the camp were assistant coaches, and there are very few D1 head coaches. At the other hand, my son also attended real ID run by each college. At these camps, although my son started from the 2nd group with Fr and So, but the end of the camp, he was in the main group with pretty good Sr. and Jr. players. The head coach also spoke to my son in person, and I received a follow-up email.
For me, multi-college ID for Fr. and So is just for usual commercial summer camps everyone can join. It is not really elite ID camps. I do not know for Jr. and So., but I would like to go "real ID" run by each college.

Unless you are a senior and maybe a select few juniors most camps show no interest, at least from our experience. Agreed with previous post its just summer camp for Fresh and Soph.

Does anyone know of a centralized list of college camps? Or, maybe just need to visit each school’s website..
Nothing is going on right now because of Covid. But yes, visit each school’s website. Your daughter is going to be a junior, right? She should be contacting schools and she should have a feel where there is some interest. She can openly ask schools she likes that know of her if they’d like to see her at camp. Remember, camps are mostly fundraisers for the school. If a school doesn’t know her at all and you’re doing the camp to try and get on the radar, she should be contacting the coach beforehand to express interest and asking about upcoming camps. Also if she fills out the recruiting profile on the school website she’ll be on their email list and should get camp info. Some schools do quiet little invite only camps and they don’t advertise them heavily - you’ll need to frequently check the school’s website to notice these.

Silverlakes for Boys and Girls. As mentioned lots of assistant coaches.

My dd attended a variety of camps and we had not one coach from these camps reach out to her about attending their school. She even did very well at these camps. All of my dd's contact came from coaches watching her play and their was plenty of contact.

Just an FYI private invite only camps are illegal. They have to be open to all. A few schools have tried this in the past and get hit with ncaa sanctions. Santa Clara did it and were not allowed to recruit/contact the kids that attended for a certain amount of time. Our friends daughter went and the coaches told her due to ncaa violation they couldn’t contact her for a few months following the camp.

Does anyone know of a centralized list of college camps? Or, maybe just need to visit each school’s website..
I have used this website for couple years. The information here might not be very accurate, but there is link to each college, so that you can double check the date. To find other state, go to menu, and select the state you are interested in.

I have used this website for couple years. The information here might not be very accurate, but there is link to each college, so that you can double check the date. To find other state, go to menu, and select the state you are interested in.
Do not go "sponser's web" link. Just scroll down.

Just an FYI private invite only camps are illegal. They have to be open to all. A few schools have tried this in the past and get hit with ncaa sanctions. Santa Clara did it and were not allowed to recruit/contact the kids that attended for a certain amount of time. Our friends daughter went and the coaches told her due to ncaa violation they couldn’t contact her for a few months following the camp.
Yep. How they deal with it now is they put the info up on their website for a very short time with only targeted advertising.

The NCAA dead period extension affects two multi-school camps I know of...no D1 coaches may be present in person. They’re innovating and adapting. And we will too..

ps. One well known team practice at OCGP last night didn’t seem to be adhering to any sort of social distancing...

maybe I saw wrong so if someone can attest, I’m listening. But what I saw was coach with girls crowded around to hear what he was saying...

The NCAA dead period extension affects two multi-school camps I know of...no D1 coaches may be present in person. They’re innovating and adapting. And we will too..

ps. One well known team practice at OCGP last night didn’t seem to be adhering to any sort of social distancing...

maybe I saw wrong so if someone can attest, I’m listening. But what I saw was coach with girls crowded around to hear what he was saying...
why "well known team"? They should be named. Coach should be id'd. If a coach was rostering and playing older kids, everyone would want that cheater outed. No different here. Actually more important as it could affect health. It's not ok as a coach to pressure your kids and families to play without socially distancing at this point.

why "well known team"? They should be named. Coach should be id'd. If a coach was rostering and playing older kids, everyone would want that cheater outed. No different here. Actually more important as it could affect health. It's not ok as a coach to pressure your kids and families to play without socially distancing at this point.
Because it only dawned on me later that they weren’t taking any protective measures- kinda looked like a normal practice- not the new spread out format.

Will watch more closely and if the same thing goes on again, will call em out by name.

Back