I think it should be mandatory that all coaches & DOC get drug tested twice a year.

Since you're so nonjudgmental, why do you care so much about my current state of sobriety. It's becoming a weird obsession.[/QUOTE

Your correct- I don't care. I'm just hoping your not as crazy as you sound i was hoping it was the booze talking.
The thing is this.. when you expose your idea of a typical good evening of drinking two scotches every night topped off with a joint you pretty much dismiss yourself as anyone worth responding to.
But..I was a little bored watching TV and you caught me off guard ha ha
Time for dinner. I'm done with with you, your played out kinda like your stage name of "Charger fan" come on man get something new like..
2-sheets and one joint to the wind ha ha

Google "drunk Troll" and get yourself some help buddy. Oh ya the Chargers moved on like you should.. :)

Since you're so nonjudgmental, why do you care so much about my current state of sobriety. It's becoming a weird obsession.[/QUOTE

Your correct- I don't care. I'm just hoping your not as crazy as you sound i was hoping it was the booze talking.
The thing is this.. when you expose your idea of a typical good evening of drinking two scotches every night topped off with a joint you pretty much dismiss yourself as anyone worth responding to.
But..I was a little bored watching TV and you caught me off guard ha ha
Time for dinner. I'm done with with you, your played out kinda like your stage name of "Charger fan" come on man get something new like..
2-sheets and one joint to the wind ha ha

Google "drunk Troll" and get yourself some help buddy. Oh ya the Chargers moved on like you should.. :)

Please stop. This is harassment at this point and will be taken to Shannon. And please learn the difference between "your" and "you're". It's hard to take anyone seriously who uses them incorrectly so consistently.

Random drug testing without any sort of reasonable suspicion that a coach has been abusing drugs is a clear violation of privacy. There is no club willing to open themselves up to that lawsuit.

If you think your coach is drunk or high during a practice or game, pull your kid out of the situation and notify the doc. Problem solved.

I believe coach have to go through a "live scan" which is a good step in the right direction. But yes we let coaches get away with too much. They are paid instructors and should behave as such. Too many times I see them cross boundaries. I think additional training should be required to work with kids. Maybe a separate license that deal with basic child development.

I have read all the posts. While you usually have some good posts, you are tilting at windmills with this thread. I have two kids in club soccer and have only seen one problem with an inebriated coach over the years. That coach would be SteveO of Surf and that incident was reported to the club (and he nearly got his ass beat as well by one of the parents). He was not my kid's coach. While I did not ever hear what Surf did about the incident, we left the club about six months later. NO NEED TO SHOUT.

This coach ended up in the news for driving the wrong way on I5. Unfortunate because he was a decent guy from what I heard from other parents. As for the Surf their coach are not all that great the club is great at gathering talent and wining at all costs.

Why not? Not worth the effort? Not worth the money? Not worth kids safety? WHY THE HELL NOT? Do they do any drug testing for youth soccer coaches now? ANYTHING AT ALL?

What exactly would drug testing accomplish? So some coach sparks a doobie before practice, who cares other than a morality standpoint. doubt it suddenly becomes a safety issue cause he/she lit one up. There's a dozen parents watching like Hawks at every practice and game so I'm pretty sure nothing ridiculous is slipping by. Worst case scenario is a coach shows up drunk and falls on their face, most likely a safety issue for them. Which by the way it's happened and word gets back to the club real quick and coach is gone. Problem solved. Not condoning any of it I just could care less what my kids coach does at home as long as it's not brought out to the field, which again would be on obvious problem and an obvious and easy solution.

What exactly would drug testing accomplish? So some coach sparks a doobie before practice, who cares other than a morality standpoint. doubt it suddenly becomes a safety issue cause he/she lit one up. There's a dozen parents watching like Hawks at every practice and game so I'm pretty sure nothing ridiculous is slipping by. Worst case scenario is a coach shows up drunk and falls on their face, most likely a safety issue for them. Which by the way it's happened and word gets back to the club real quick and coach is gone. Problem solved. Not condoning any of it I just could care less what my kids coach does at home as long as it's not brought out to the field, which again would be on obvious problem and an obvious and easy solution.

Well it sounds as if you have it all figured out then.

Why not? Not worth the effort? Not worth the money? Not worth kids safety? WHY THE HELL NOT? Do they do any drug testing for youth soccer coaches now? ANYTHING AT ALL?
Sounds like you need to be tested for all drugs and steroids

Back