HS + Club Keepers

forksnbolts

SILVER
Parents, what are you doing to make sure your keeper that is playing both HS and club is staying healthy?

My GK unfortunately got slide into this weekend and ended up with a bruised thigh that is keeping him out of HS games for this week.

Parents, what are you doing to make sure your keeper that is playing both HS and club is staying healthy?

My GK unfortunately got slide into this weekend and ended up with a bruised thigh that is keeping him out of HS games for this week.
Every HS have a trainer, unlike many clubs (for exception of ECNL). Make sure your keeper talk to a trainer.

Accidents like that are going to happen. It has nothing to do with playing HS and club (other than there are more games). I would say training from a keeper trainer that will help teach the techniques necessary to protect yourself in those situations but the reality is that keepers get hurt.

Hopefully your keeper recovers quickly. Mine is living in epson salt baths for all those bruises.....

No double practices. Plenty of rest & recovery on the rare "off" day. My kid had a back to bar save on Friday that re-aggravated an old shoulder injury and got wiped out Sunday in a game (doesn't remember the play.). Lots of doing nothing around the house, working with a band on her shoulders and trying to keep her hydrated. Other than that it is just fingers crossed.

Back