How to leave a team?!?!?

Always put your DD first before any coach. Find the best fit for her and make sure she is having fun, this is nothing more then a kids sport and as kids they are supposed to have fun. Don't get wrapped up in the hype and lose sight of your child having a full and happy childhood because of soccer! I would go and tell the coach face to face that you taking off to find a better fit for your DD. If your DD is at the higher level of skill then she wont have an issue with finding a new team.

can't believe this thread is still going on.... How to leave a team? Walk up to the coach and say - "this isn't working out, we are leaving your team. Thanks for the opportunity." Done - why does this thread need 5 pages of comments?

can't believe this thread is still going on.... How to leave a team? Walk up to the coach and say - "this isn't working out, we are leaving your team. Thanks for the opportunity." Done - why does this thread need 5 pages of comments?
Then don't read it plain and simple.

First, I would say never burn bridges. Soccer is a small world. However, playing time is important for development so I think you should find a team whether A or B that she gets that. Find a team where she is happy and the coach is excited about her. Exit politely and tell the coach thank you but she needs a team with more playing time.

First, I would say never burn bridges. Soccer is a small world. However, playing time is important for development so I think you should find a team whether A or B that she gets that. Find a team where she is happy and the coach is excited about her. Exit politely and tell the coach thank you but she needs a team with more playing time.
Or tell the coach how you really feel. You recruited her for your team, then you don't play her after paying 2K in club fees. You are a liar, can't develop a player, your style of play sucks and all you care about is winning. I wish I never moved her to your team. We are out, I want my kids player card back!

Or tell the coach how you really feel. You recruited her for your team, then you don't play her after paying 2K in club fees. You are a liar, can't develop a player, your style of play sucks and all you care about is winning. I wish I never moved her to your team. We are out, I want my kids player card back!

Hell YA!!! What he said! Trust me most of the club coaches will talk smack behind another coaches back at a drop of a dime, they don't listen to the other coaches smack talking about players taking off. Shit when we were at a BIG local club I had coaches within the same club talking smack about my DD current coach trying to get my DD to move to their team! That is 100% the truth! There is no honor among thieves..

Hell YA!!! What he said! Trust me most of the club coaches will talk smack behind another coaches back at a drop of a dime, they don't listen to the other coaches smack talking about players taking off. Shit when we were at a BIG local club I had coaches within the same club talking smack about my DD current coach trying to get my DD to move to their team! That is 100% the truth! There is no honor among thieves..
The craziest true stories I have heard. I know of 2 committed players who decided to switch clubs their senior year of HS. Their prior club coaches, biter about the club team change. Ready for it? They both called their college head coaches and talked SHIT about the players. I can see 1 coach doing it, but this was done by 2 different club coaches at different clubs.

The craziest true stories I have heard. I know of 2 committed players who decided to switch clubs their senior year of HS. Their prior club coaches, biter about the club team change. Ready for it? They both called their college head coaches and talked SHIT about the players. I can see 1 coach, but these was done by 2 different club coaches at different clubs.

Wow. Lets play this out. Club coach talks to college coach. College coach tells player. Player bad mouths club coach. College coach thinks club coach is a wanker. Great move club coach!

There must be 60 ways to leave your club team....

Wow. Lets play this out. Club coach talks to college coach. College coach tells player. Player bad mouths club coach. College coach thinks club coach is a wanker. Great move club coach!

There must be 60 ways to leave your club team....
On both occasions. The player changed clubs, bitter coach calls college head coach and talk shit on the player, college coach calls player to let them know what happened.

You got the last part correct, college coach thinks club coach is a wanker. LOL

Why would the club coach call to talk shit on his/her prior player?

And they're not even winning...

Correction.. parents and clubs do care about winning. Some parents want to win so they can brag and most all clubs want to win so they can recruit parents that love to brag
The kids hate losing, too. Some "learned minds" claim that the kids don't care about winning, and "only want to have fun," as the trite phrase goes. Of course they can have fun even if they lose a game, and some would rather play and lose than not play at all. But ask any competitive soccer player of any age if losing (especially most of the time) is fun.

Watch what happens to player buy-in and morale if a coach says to the team before every game, tournament, friendly: "Just a heads up, we're not here to win, just make you better soccer players.

The kids hate losing, too. Some "learned minds" claim that the kids don't care about winning, and "only want to have fun," as the trite phrase goes. Of course they can have fun even if they lose a game, and some would rather play and lose than not play at all. But ask any competitive soccer player of any age if losing (especially most of the time) is fun.

Winning is fun for just about any athlete but it is up to the parents to make sure it is worth whatever the sacrifice is to be on a "winning team" because development and happiness is a better formula for a child's future in any sport then just being on a winning team.

0c31abf416e20b465997210f6ed9235d.jpg

Yes. Winning is important to lots of people. Hence why we see sandbaggers in tournaments all summer. A teams playing in the 2nd or 3rd flight.
B teams bringing on guests from the "A" team (instead of the "c" team or a player from a "b" team at some other club.

Winning matters. That's why they keep score. Also, I view it as a confirmation of what we are doing is right as it leads to success on the field. I understand you can win by playing bad soccer; that's not what I mean.

Back