How good is Eileen Gu´s Chinese?

Yeah, yeah. eotl, the insult machine.

Thanks for the tip on the Librem 5, by the way. Any problems getting apps to run on it? Ever since Slackware and redhat, I’ve been a little leery of the usability of opensource products.

Have a nice day.

Enjoy your Spanish shoes and Chinese cell phone. You're a real patriot.

Enjoy your Spanish shoes and Chinese cell phone. You're a real patriot.
Got it. You can’t tell me how hard it is to install apps, because you don’t actually have a Purism phone.

You did a web search for phones not made in China so you could have an extra insult.

If anyone else needs to ignore Golden Gate/EOTL, just click on the name and hit ignore.

Hey buddy. Whatever happened to your promise to go away forever if more than 14,000 people died of Covid? Have almost a million people now died "with Covid" in motorcycle accidents?
what are you smoking? are you saying people didn't get listed as dying from covid for illegal drug overdoes and gun shot wounds? sounds like i was right about this over reaction to covid, even our hypocrite governor is now saying no more masks inside. i've been pretty consistent, you haven't lol. Remember, Fauci said the flu was much worse than covid. Keep listening to your expert that doesnt wear a mask when he thinks nobody is looking lol.

Got it. You can’t tell me how hard it is to install apps, because you don’t actually have a Purism phone.

You did a web search for phones not made in China so you could have an extra insult.

If anyone else needs to ignore Golden Gate/EOTL, just click on the name and hit ignore.

I'm not the one typing out that Eileen Gu is a sell out on a Chinese-made keyboard that is attached to a Chinese-made computer, while sitting on a chair that was made in China, wearing a pair of Levi's that were made in China. At least she's taking money from China while you're just giving it to them. Again, you're a real patriot buying shoes made in Spain.

We've seen the pictures. Those are cell blocks.

I also welcome you to look at some of the evidences from people who care enough to investigate the case on quora https://www.quora.com/Why-did-Arab-countries-ignore-the-Uighurs-in-China .

Organization of Islamic nations have sent representatives to visit the area and have found no evidence of such concentration camps.

At this time, the allegations about concentration camps is a negative PR effort from China´s traditional enemies such as Falun Gong etc. etc. to create a rife between it and the normal living citizens of the West. Most of us are too busy with our lives so we kind of "heard" of the stories and that just adds fear of China. Mission accomplished by those Falun Gongers.

Probably due to the great youtube algo, this video was suggested to me. Mighty impressive her chinese.

One more thing Paul Revere in zapatos. You're going to cancel me me for insulting you in response to you insulting an 18 year old girl? Sounds about right, snowflake.

Some media that I have read called Eileen Gu a traitor and she benefited it all from US training and then jumped ship to represent China.

The great youtube algorithm recommended me this video tonight. It shows these 2 kids, Eileen Gu and Su YiMing(a fellow snowboarder who won gold and silver as well at the Olympics) training and goofing off together at an age of early teenageers. Seems to me that Eileen have been training both in the US and in China for a while and had already struck quite a friendship with future Chinese skiers a long time before she hit the radar.

Another case of the media jumping into conclusion(prematurely accusing her of jumping ship for money and having gotten exclusively US training) ?

Some media that I have read called Eileen Gu a traitor and she benefited it all from US training and then jumped ship to represent China.

The great youtube algorithm recommended me this video tonight. It shows these 2 kids, Eileen Gu and Su YiMing(a fellow snowboarder who won gold and silver as well at the Olympics) training and goofing off together at an age of early teenageers. Seems to me that Eileen have been training both in the US and in China for a while and had already struck quite a friendship with future Chinese skiers a long time before she hit the radar.

Another case of the media jumping into conclusion(prematurely accusing her of jumping ship for money and having gotten exclusively US training) ?

She has benefited from training by her Swiss coach on mostly private property. The idea that someone is the property of the great US of A by mere virtue of the fact that they "reaped the benefits" of growing up here is pretty bizarre. I wonder if dad4 wants to give Catarina Macario back, and also the gold medals from the 1996 USA Basketball team because of the traitor Hakeem Olajuwan. It is also interesting that dad4 isn't complaining about all those medals that the Canadian traitor Tanith Belbin won on behalf of the US in figure skating. I guess it's ok when a white person and perhaps the best looking and most marketable skater ever reaps the rewards of skating for the USA.

The Americans who are upset about Eileen Gu will never admit it even to themselves, but the real problem is she is a painfully obvious symbol that the U.S. is not the land of opportunity or freedom they want to believe it is. Yes, it is more free than China by most measures, but it's not even close to free and maybe even worse for many minorities. It isn't free to a black person in Alabama, which has been gerrymandered so egregiously with the support of the Supreme Court that their votes don't matter. Nor is it free to Republican PWT hicks in NY, which has retaliated (good for NY playing by the GOP's dirty rules btw). It is isn't free to the millions of black people incarcerated for substance abuse due to laws that let white people off the hook for their substance abuse (it is so great btw to see substance abuse reform now that so many privileged white kids are hooked on opioids. Where the fuck were white people when black folk were getting hooked on drugs?). It also looks like SCOTUS is about to make it a lot less free to oppressed minorities with respect to higher education. It isn't "free" to kids who get to go to school every day in fear that theirs will be the next one to get shot up, all because SCOTUS has decided that the definition of a "well organized militia" means one mentally ill idiot with no training and no standards whatsoever. It isn't free anymore to many women who want to exercise freedom of choice.

After the Capitol insurrection (which the sore, self-pitying losers claim constitutes "legitimate political discourse") and an incompetent con artist doing everything possible to steal an election (that the morons actually believe is true), honestly the entire concept of freedom/democracy seems to be pretty much bs. When such a large percentage of the country will believe any lie and piss away democracy however it takes just so other people can't have an abortion, and who think that the "price of freedom" is as many dead children as it takes so they can keep their AR-15. And with the exact same douchebags constantly referring to Covid-19 as China virus and spit on and harass Asian Americans while failing to take responsibility for the vast majority of deaths here due to their anti-vax/mask b.s., it's no wonder that a Chinese American decided to flip the U.S. the bird in exchange for $40 million in the bank (so far.)

Why would we care?

Gu benefited from growing up in a free country, and chose to represent a government which runs massive prison camps for ethnic minorities.

She sold out. After all, who cares about forced sterilizations as long as the endorsements are profitable, right?
Are the kids who were born and raised here that play soccer for other countries "sell outs" too? There are lots of them out there.

Are the kids who were born and raised here that play soccer for other countries "sell outs" too? There are lots of them out there.
Most other countries don‘t have barbed wire around their “education centers”.

If some 18 year old has the skills to play to Jamaica, Taiwan, or New Zeeland? Go for it. Have fun.

But wearing the banner of a mass human rights abuser like China? The woman has no shame.

If some 18 year old has the skills to play to Jamaica, Taiwan, or New Zeeland? Go for it. Have fun.

But wearing the banner of a mass human rights abuser like China? The woman has no shame.

There are more than 2 million people incarcerated in the U.S. while China has far less than that despite more than 4x the population. The U.S. also has a remarkable history with respect to how great it treats Muslim people. So great, in fact, that approximately a million civilians died as a result of our invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan.

Are you wearing your Spanish shoes on your head?

I wonder if dad4 wants to give Catarina Macario back, and also the gold medals from the 1996 USA Basketball team because of the traitor Hakeem Olajuwan.

Just want to add my personal opinion. I only knew of Eileen Gu like 2 weeks ago after Fox tucker imploded.

At first, I had thought stereotipically that Eileen was a transplant. Everything about her was likely American but will compete in name only for China.

But after watching several of her videos, it appears at least to me if there is a better athlete out there to do this, its her. She appears to be very much still connected to China, having made friends with many Chinese skiers since a young age, and having the fluency to communicate in Chinese and having the same food taste as Chinese.

Everything about her seem very Chinese and she appears American only in facial and her English speaking abilities. Quite a 180 degree shift from my initial impression of her.

But it would've been okay if she wore the US flag? The US should've protested the entire Olympics then..

What he said

The video serves to illustrate the ignorance of the American public. But I dont blame them, China is a faraway country. We have time to catch the headlines and then we move on with the rest of our lives.

I'll go ahead and just give one pointers here, use google to get the evidences.

1. Genocide of Uigyur minories is not happening in China. These are training camps, which I too have attended in the past but in a different country. I was behind barbed wires and not allowed to leave a military guarded compound for 3 months unaccompanied. See my previous thread. It was one of the most memorable moments of my life. I learned military drills, surviving in the wild, a bit of Islam and also improved my English. Also, ask yourself if this even pass the common sense test. Communism (the extreme left) ideologically respects ethnic minorities vs Facsism (the extreme right) ideologically respects race, nationallity and religion.

2. On Hong Kong. Part of the agreement is that Hong Kong would have to enact its very own internal security laws to deal with issues such as espionage. Hong Kong was to create this law by its own within X years (dont recall the details but it was like 5 years or so). However, after nearly 20 years, Hong Kong still have not created this law. The protest turned violent. Search on youtube Hong Kong protestors violent attack. The Hong Kong coverage by the English press have been extremely one sided despicting only violence skirmishes where the police had the upper hand. Hong Kont protestors beating up unarmed civilians have been omitted.

Google is the last place to get evidence of anything related to China. See the video again as I think you missed the bigger message. Nothing in that video is false. Also, barbed wires around training camps, whatever the hell that is, is confinement.

Google is the last place to get evidence of anything related to China. See the video again as I think you missed the bigger message. Nothing in that video is false. Also, barbed wires around training camps, whatever the hell that is, is confinement.

The video referred to genocidal concentration camps which have now all been debunked by experts and the UN.

Confinement....ah yes...I fondly remembered when I was in the English training camp were joked we were living like in a prison. Guards guarding our compound with barbed wires all around. And military drill instructors to keep us disciplined. Having lived in one, I still looking back think of it as a training camp than a concentration camp. The purpose of the camp was clear, improve our English. But I admit, many of the things we went through would be shocking to the Western world. This is where standards differ.

In my high school, our warden used to stand at the exit of our dorms with a scissors. Boys with long hair were cut right there by the warden as they exit for their classes. This is normal. But whenever I tell this story in the West, this is shocking. Why cant you have the principal or the disciplinary teacher cut the hair of boys who have too long hair as they enter the high school? This is not shocking to me. Having metal detectors, that´s shocking. Its like the adults no longer have any control over the teenagers.

The video referred to genocidal concentration camps which have now all been debunked by experts and the UN.

Confinement....ah yes...I fondly remembered when I was in the English training camp were joked we were living like in a prison. Guards guarding our compound with barbed wires all around. And military drill instructors to keep us disciplined. Having lived in one, I still looking back think of it as a training camp than a concentration camp. The purpose of the camp was clear, improve our English. But I admit, many of the things we went through would be shocking to the Western world. This is where standards differ.

In my high school, our warden used to stand at the exit of our dorms with a scissors. Boys with long hair were cut right there by the warden as they exit for their classes. This is normal. But whenever I tell this story in the West, this is shocking. Why cant you have the principal or the disciplinary teacher cut the hair of boys who have too long hair as they enter the high school? This is not shocking to me. Having metal detectors, that´s shocking. Its like the adults no longer have any control over the teenagers.
You can extol the virtues of living in an authoritarian police state all you want, but describing the above as "normal" in any sense is absolutely crazy.

Back