Honest question...not bashing anyone (coaches or players)

Footy30

SILVER ELITE
Quick question... what is happening over at Blues with the older age groups? Is it the post Baker effect? From the little that I have seen, the girls are talented so I'm not understanding their record. It seems like the Blues are still a respected club and they do a great job placing girls in college programs, which is great. I'm just confused on the standings of the 05/06 and 07s? Yes, I know the score doesn't tell the whole story but I'm not used to seeing them at bottom of the table. Again don't come after me I'm not talking about players or coaches just an honest question...

Quick question... what is happening over at Blues with the older age groups? Is it the post Baker effect? From the little that I have seen, the girls are talented so I'm not understanding their record. It seems like the Blues are still a respected club and they do a great job placing girls in college programs, which is great. I'm just confused on the standings of the 05/06 and 07s? Yes, I know the score doesn't tell the whole story but I'm not used to seeing them at bottom of the table. Again don't come after me I'm not talking about players or coaches just an honest question...
Baker took a bunch of girls away during the departure. The 2008s too but they were able to reload. It was too late to reload for the 2007s and 2005/2006.

It shouldn't affect the 2008s and below now, except the normal attrition.

Baker didn't have anything to do with 05 and 06. Both those ages haven't been strong for years.
07 was effected by Baker, and to a lesser extent 08, as the poster said above 08 managed to retool.

Baker didn't have anything to do with 05 and 06. Both those ages haven't been strong for years.
07 was effected by Baker, and to a lesser extent 08, as the poster said above 08 managed to retool.
07, 06 and 05 haven't been great going on 3 seasons or more now. Most of the best 07's left for HBK 3 years ago with the baker departure and they never recovered. A few of the better 06's threatened to leave if they didn't replace AR a few years back as many on that team didn't like playing for AR and the team had underperformed under him (compared to their results at younger ages). They replaced AR, but some of the girls who were superstars at younger ages are no longer superstars (and that age group has also seen plenty of good players leave the last couple of years under BH). 05's had been pretty weak under LD even before 3 seasons ago.

The issue with Blues is that they recruit hard at the younger ages. What I mean by that is they expose parents to all the tricks/incentives clubs use to lure players over at a very young age. Some parents know what they're getting into + they seek that kind of environment out. Others learn quickly how the game is played and adjust accordingly. As the girls get older parents start to figure out that they don't need to drive all the way across town just to play for Blues. Also, because they've been exposed to "hard recruiting" at a young age they now know how to manipulate local clubs to get on top teams.

The issue with Blues is that they recruit hard at the younger ages. What I mean by that is they expose parents to all the tricks/incentives clubs use to lure players over at a very young age. Some parents know what they're getting into + they seek that kind of environment out. Others learn quickly how the game is played and adjust accordingly. As the girls get older parents start to figure out that they don't need to drive all the way across town just to play for Blues. Also, because they've been exposed to "hard recruiting" at a young age they now know how to manipulate local clubs to get on top teams.
I don't think this is the real issue, at least not with the 07, 06 and 05 age groups. Truth is that the baker change is what inpacted the 07s. When he left, several of the families didn't like who the club put in as the new coach, so they left for hbk and legends. A few poor coaching choices is what impacted 06s and 05s. I actually like the concept of an all girls club, and it was even better when the club was the only club practicing/playing at the ranch. But their choices for coaches at the older age groups hasn't made sense since baker left.

Back