High School Soccer Shout Outs!!!!

I just
All good reasons! Especially your second #10, which I think is what my DD misses most not being able to play.
I do see both jumping and joy after YNT wins though ;)
watched the U20’s win a match and none of them were even smiling as they shook hands with other team much less jumping for joy. And I am not talking about jumping into a team mates arms in a hug, I was talking about leaping for joy into the air on their own. It is different and I didn’t realize it until I saw it.

watched the U20's win the Concacaf. Some smiles and hugs but no leaping in the air for joy. Want to foster and maintain my DD's pure joy for the game that she had when she was 7 so if playing high school does that I'm all for allowing that to happen. This is nothing negative about the YNT circuit just talking about the benefits of high school soccer since there is so much negative press on it. The WNT seems more about achievement and earning those records and titles, more work and thrill of victory but not sure about the shared joy on a deep level?

Last edited:
You’re a wise man because everything that glitters isn’t gold. Let the kids all have fun because adulthood is a grind.

When I saw Satiago (Corona) run on the field it was awesome!!! That was a World Series pile and can only be made from pure fun and joy. This GDA is like doing your chores every day.....boring and something your parents make you do. I could go on and on but I won;t....

Let’s remember that for every rare HS team that reaches the pinnacle, there are hundreds that toil in obscurity, diluted pool of players, less quality touches, diminished intensity and drive to be the best they can be, fake grass fields with football and lacrosse markings, quick result strategies, non credentialed coaches, etc, etc. yes though, undeniable rah rah sis boom bah team spirit....sort of...

Let’s remember that for every rare HS team that reaches the pinnacle, there are hundreds that toil in obscurity, diluted pool of players, less quality touches, diminished intensity and drive to be the best they can be, fake grass fields with football and lacrosse markings, quick result strategies, non credentialed coaches, etc, etc. yes though, undeniable rah rah sis boom bah team spirit....sort of...

Depends how you define "pinnacle". My DD's team was half freshmen, took on the biggest and the best, played with intensity, and got better (and in some girls' cases, much better) over the course of the season. It didn't cost us $3000, and the coaches didn't speak with an accent or have every license, but they knew soccer, and cared about the kids. Our pinnacle was making the playoffs - which we did on the last day of the season in a driving rainstorm. Every kid and every parent at that game are going to remember that night for the rest of our lives. So, yeah, Club is great, we have better refs and better fields, but let's stop disparaging high-school soccer. Different doesn't mean worse.

Shout out to Alex Morgans HS Soccer team for making D3 CIF Playoffs. Watch out for the Diamond Bar Brahmas. 1st round starts Feb 13th. If the young Laguna Beach Breakers with their Sr stud goalie (one goal given up in a tough league) pull off a few upsets along the way, we might be able to take on coach Chavez Flintridge Prep team in semis. #1 in SoCal. Go high school girls soccer!!!!

Thanks for DBHS shout out. Their Cinderella run came to an end in the quarterfinals against Chaminade HS. They ended the season as Back 2 Back Mt. Baldy League Champs. Unfortunately my keeper missed out this season, she tore her ACL (2nd time on other knee) during the Carlsbad Night Showcase. She is 6 weeks post surgery and on track on her rehab.

She is already looking forward to her Senior HS season.

Thanks for DBHS shout out. Their Cinderella run came to an end in the quarterfinals against Chaminade HS. They ended the season as Back 2 Back Mt. Baldy League Champs. Unfortunately my keeper missed out this season, she tore her ACL (2nd time on other knee) during the Carlsbad Night Showcase. She is 6 weeks post surgery and on track on her rehab.

She is already looking forward to her Senior HS season.
You guys rock!!! Get that goat ready for senior year. Let's make sure our schools make the finals bro. Either my goat get's the game winner in OT golden rule and she's the hero (sorry) or your goat stops the PKs and everyone runs and jumps on your baby. Either one of those dreams will make me happy. Two ACLs and she's still working her asssssssssssssss off to find the field. Bahaahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Crunching DI women's soccer HS numbers
https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/col...runching-di-womens-soccer-hs-numbers_aid47846

Los Alamitos (Calif.) is second with 17 to lead American public schools. Shattuck-St. Mary's (Minn.), a private residental academy, leads all schools with 25 active NCAA Division I women's players.
Los Al is awesome program for girls. We played their JV team this year and that was hard for our young varsity players. HS Soccer is so beautiful from my view. Laguna getting to play in the Sunset league is a huge blessing. Next year is going to be a blast. I bet more girls will be playing next year too because its cool and super fun at most programs but not all. Some have bad conditions and the top players probably need to sit out and rest.

Back