High School Soccer Shout Outs!!!!

See CIF Southern Section Blue Book, Rule 2513, Special Rules for Soccer.

Wow that's interesting.

So if we take El Segundo as a example and I'm reading the rules right and that news article.

For 2020 they were ruled ineligible for CIF playoffs after there 3rd red card due to their probationary status. Lose 4 allowable constests next season and are also suspended from participation in that CIF section this next season also due to violating the red card policy again and are still on probation.

Playing 2-3 games a week combined with the physical play- I can see why DA says “no high school”

I heard of teams that are planning on playing some spring league in March (up to 7 games in one month, 2x, Back to backs, every weekend for example) and a tournament for a total of 11 games in one month just after 20+ games in HS over 2 months so yeah the schedule is crammed way too much for those teams if you ask me.

I don't agree with the no HS rule for DA but it's not because of the amount of potential games in the short time frame.

I heard of teams that are planning on playing some spring league in March (up to 7 games in one month, 2x, Back to backs, every weekend for example) and a tournament for a total of 11 games in one month just after 20+ games in HS over 2 months so yeah the schedule is crammed way too much for those teams if you ask me.

I don't agree with the no HS rule for DA but it's not because of the amount of potential games in the short time frame.
Are you referring to club teams playing this much in March?
I'm actually really surprised how quickly clubs are getting back to training after the HS season ends. With the exception of teams that made CIF playoffs, the season ended last week Thursday. Lots of club teams in the 2005 and older age groups are starting back with team practice this week.

My dd will take one week off to rest and then back at it to get ready for the second half of club soccer. So much soccer you don;t know what to do with all of it :)

We are taking this week off. Then a player meeting next Monday and will train 1x per week in February. Full ramp up in March. Lots of girls running HS track and lacrosse.

Are you referring to club teams playing this much in March?
I'm actually really surprised how quickly clubs are getting back to training after the HS season ends. With the exception of teams that made CIF playoffs, the season ended last week Thursday. Lots of club teams in the 2005 and older age groups are starting back with team practice this week.

Club teams yes but not regular; older higher level ones that play in spring leagues, npls, crl, out of state spring showcase tournaments in March right after HS ends. Some of those then right turn around in Apr & play national cup or hit the road again to play out rest of cups, league, etc games. Alot of games potentially especially for those that try to triple dip: in tournaments, spring leagues, cups all around the same short time frame.

We are taking this week off. Then a player meeting next Monday and will train 1x per week in February. Full ramp up in March. Lots of girls running HS track and lacrosse.
My dd is a no this year for track. She would love to just run the 100m and the 100m relay and then go home. However, new coach has them running 2 miles a day and you have to run the 200 as well plus stay all Saturday to cheer the others on at meets that go from sunrise to sunset. Can't do all that, play high level soccer, get 4.0, study for SAT and go out and have fun with friends. I'm sure if she ran under 12 seconds coach would try and accommodate her wishes :)

Question Coach Buck, is Lacrosse dangerous? Do girls hit each with those sticks? My dd soccer coach is assistant varsity coach and is trying to get my girl to come out and play. Thoughts?

In girls lacrosse, there is zero contact "allowed". Does it happen - I'm sure it does. But it is not nearly as physical as boys lacrosse (where they allow stick work and body checking.
I'd say girls lacrosse is less dangerous than girls soccer- But an overuse injury and a non-contact injury are still very possible.

Yes, too much soccer all crammed into a two months or three months. College is too much as well. If @RedCard young ladycats pull off wild card win and 1st round upset, they would be playing Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. That's insane and overkill. That's three games in 5 days. It's still fun for the girls and that's why some take that risk.
We got the wildcard win today 4-2. We'll see how the game against Sierra Canyon goes...

Congrats to winners today. Your prize is that you get to play again on Saturday. Over what is a 4-day holiday weekend for most.
So lame.

Congrats to winners today. Your prize is that you get to play again on Saturday. Over what is a 4-day holiday weekend for most.
So lame.
Winners get to keep playing like Laguna Beach does on Saturday because we beat Citrus Valley tonight. Laguna has ski week all next week bro and everyone is committed to give up skiing if we are so blessed to advance to Quarter Finals next Wednesday. Plus we won the coin flip and we get another home game against Palos Verdes in second round. Anyone here know much about PV that I can give to my dd? All I know is Bill Lamebeer played hoops there. Shout out to Citrus Valley High School out of Redlands. They came to play and were first to the ball in first half. Our girls were excited and a little too pumped if that makes any sense. Anyway, 2nd half we were lights out and got the goal. We played tough defense and we will look to upset #4 PV on Saturday. BTW, it seemed like the whole town came out to support us and Redlands traveled well. Band I hear will be there for Saturday. This was way more entertaining then I could have imagine. The girls and my dd had so much fun and it was well worth her bloody knees.

Santiago (Corona) skunked San Clemente 4-0. San Clemente held them scoreless for the first half, but then the floodgates opened, and they both looked like different teams in the second half.

Santiago (Corona) skunked San Clemente 4-0. San Clemente held them scoreless for the first half, but then the floodgates opened, and they both looked like different teams in the second half.
Did your daughter get to play up on Varsity today?

SC is good team, very nice win. CDM beat the Monarchs in OT. I was a little shocked. Upland has won every game and zero ties. I like Edison as my team to watch out for in D1 as well as Santiago

Winners get to keep playing like Laguna Beach does on Saturday because we beat Citrus Valley tonight. Laguna has ski week all next week bro and everyone is committed to give up skiing if we are so blessed to advance to Quarter Finals next Wednesday. Plus we won the coin flip and we get another home game against Palos Verdes in second round. Anyone here know much about PV that I can give to my dd? All I know is Bill Lamebeer played hoops there. Shout out to Citrus Valley High School out of Redlands. They came to play and were first to the ball in first half. Our girls were excited and a little too pumped if that makes any sense. Anyway, 2nd half we were lights out and got the goal. We played tough defense and we will look to upset #4 PV on Saturday. BTW, it seemed like the whole town came out to support us and Redlands traveled well. Band I hear will be there for Saturday. This was way more entertaining then I could have imagine. The girls and my dd had so much fun and it was well worth her bloody knees.
PV is loaded with seniors has a few very good top end players. Defense is legit and their offense is built on the counter. They are a savvy physical team that plays more on the dirty side. Get ready for a rough game....girls will need to keep their composure.

PV is loaded with seniors has a few very good top end players. Defense is legit and their offense is built on the counter. They are a savvy physical team that plays more on the dirty side. Get ready for a rough game....girls will need to keep their composure.
Thanks for low down. Lamebeer went to school there so I was expecting some physical play from PV. NBA cleaned up the Bad Boy defense and now it's 3 point league. Hopefully everyone will play nice tomorrow night :)

Thanks for low down. Lamebeer went to school there so I was expecting some physical play from PV. NBA cleaned up the Bad Boy defense and now it's 3 point league. Hopefully everyone will play nice tomorrow night :)
Don't count on it! Red cards seem to show up in their games more often than not

Back