Here we go...again

Eagle33

PREMIER
LOS ANGELES (CBSLA) — The Los Angeles Unified School District has announced that they will be temporarily postponing all scheduled athletic competitions for at least the first week of the Spring semester, from January 10 to January 14.....

Well, a huge disparity among private schools within LA county. My DD's HS team has managed to play only 6 games, with the school announcing they will play only league games from here on out. Whereas, another private school within the same division has played 19...

Well, a huge disparity among private schools within LA county. My DD's HS team has managed to play only 6 games, with the school announcing they will play only league games from here on out. Whereas, another private school within the same division has played 19...
I guess I missed your point.....you saying 19 games in 2 month is better than 6??

I guess my point is....that there is a huge disparity with re: to what restrictions or precautions some schools are or are not placing on their teams. Playing only (6) games over two months, and canceling any remaining non-league games seems like overkill.....and a lot like the last two years. But, quite honestly, I'm kinda grateful, as it lowers the chance of injury for my own kid. Love that she's playing for her HS team, I only worry she'll get hurt. Which is much more of a concern than her contracting COVID (which she had 15 months ago, pre-vax); her school (private) mandated the vax for all students, and still requires athletes to test 2x a week...Plus her HS just decided that no spectators will be allowed for home games.

I guess my point is....that there is a huge disparity with re: to what restrictions or precautions some schools are or are not placing on their teams. Playing only (6) games over two months, and canceling any remaining non-league games seems like overkill.....and a lot like the last two years. But, quite honestly, I'm kinda grateful, as it lowers the chance of injury for my own kid. Love that she's playing for her HS team, I only worry she'll get hurt. Which is much more of a concern than her contracting COVID (which she had 15 months ago, pre-vax); her school (private) mandated the vax for all students, and still requires athletes to test 2x a week...Plus her HS just decided that no spectators will be allowed for home games.
Sounds like Australia.

Back