HELP new to club soccer, son is a goalkeeper

Long, accurate, and effective. He was second on the team in assists. If he didn't see a target up front, he would play the ball up with his feet.

Possession is a good thing. Possession in front of the opponent's goal is even better.
Punting the isn't everything. That's not development. Be humble and teach your kid how to play with his feet and little by little teach how to read the game and learn to communicate to the team where and when they need to be. Your worth more as a keeper than a Freakin kickball punter. Anybody can punt a ball.

p.s. If you don't mind the drive to Carson or staying for a week, this summer the LA Galaxy are doing a 1 week goalkeepers camp. My son is bummed that he's still too young to attend. It's expensive ($600+) and normally I think these camps aren't very useful (because you don't reinforce the lessons you are working on day after day), but I'd say the GK camp is exceptional.[/QUOTE
Grace T. said: ↑
p.s. If you don't mind the drive to Carson or staying for a week, this summer the LA Galaxy are doing a 1 week goalkeepers camp. My son is bummed that he's still too young to attend. It's expensive ($600+) and normally I think these camps aren't very useful (because you don't reinforce the lessons you are working on day after day), but I'd say the GK camp is exceptional.
I am also a bit confused by soccer camps. From what I've been told (and from what I've seen in hockey), you get a lot of kids standing around, waiting for their turn. Maybe that money is better spent in privates??
Don't waste your money on $600 camp. PM me and I will get you in contact with a trainer that does it to help kids not get their pockets of money .

Okay another question: do you typically sign a contract around this time of year? We came late to the club soccer last year, and so I don't remember signing a contract.

Okay another question: do you typically sign a contract around this time of year? We came late to the club soccer last year, and so I don't remember signing a contract.

Usually after tryouts in January. One of the reasons is most of the leagues lock in the transfers at that point for the spring season. The team wants to know you are committed (or they might offer it to someone else) since they can only carry a certain number of players and once locked in might not be able to accept transfers without waivers. They need also to budget including for the summer tournament season, and remember club soccer is a business. A lot of them also have player/parent codes of conduct. YMMV.

Back