Help...Girls soccer Northern Indiana?

Does any one have any sense of the Northern Indiana girls soccer scene? Unexpectedly having to explore options.

We have friends that play for the Pride out of Indy, and I think that have teams in Fort Wayne. Very reputable club and I believe they were associated with the Chicago Fire for awhile. The ECNL team out of Indy was always at the Players Showcase in Vegas.

That’s hoops country. The top female athletes will be in basketball.

NWISL might be like flight 3?

If your daughter is high skill within ECNL, you can look at boys teams.

You may also want to look at Illinois if you’re in Lake County, or SW MI if you’re in Laporte.

Remember the snow changes driving times a lot. Summer is better, but all the road work happens in summer, so it’s not super easy then, either.

That’s hoops country. The top female athletes will be in basketball.

NWISL might be like flight 3?

If your daughter is high skill within ECNL, you can look at boys teams.

You may also want to look at Illinois if you’re in Lake County, or SW MI if you’re in Laporte.

Remember the snow changes driving times a lot. Summer is better, but all the road work happens in summer, so it’s not super easy then, either.
This post is ridiculous. Indiana, Illinois and Ohio have some very good clubs that compete very well nationally.

This post is ridiculous. Indiana, Illinois and Ohio have some very good clubs that compete very well nationally.
Those clubs are in Indianapolis, NW Chicago, Detroit, and Columbus. I don’t think you quite realize how far those distances are. It’s kind of like recommending Eagles to someone who just moved to Stockton.

The Chicago clubs are great, but they’re on the NW side. Who is going to drive 2 hours diagonally across Chicago just to get to practice?

If you know of some great northern Indiana clubs, name them.

Indiana Fire ECNL seems like the best (of the logistically bad) options. Friend of a friend say Echo players sometimes get to play for Indy Primier's GA team. Looking options for trying with boys is interesting and something that had not crossed our mind. Appreciate everyone's feedback.

South Bend
If the drive is an issue your daughter can be a Discovery Player for a team outside her area. This means she can train and play with another team, while also playing games (and training if she wants) with the ECNL team. This designation is typically reserved for players who live too far to train regularly.

Those clubs are in Indianapolis, NW Chicago, Detroit, and Columbus. I don’t think you quite realize how far those distances are. It’s kind of like recommending Eagles to someone who just moved to Stockton.

The Chicago clubs are great, but they’re on the NW side. Who is going to drive 2 hours diagonally across Chicago just to get to practice?

If you know of some great northern Indiana clubs, name them.
She posted this on the ECNL thread. So she was clearly looking for ECNL teams. And, I had no idea where in Northern Indiana she was moving too. That is a pretty general description. She has since posted a more specific location.

She posted this on the ECNL thread. So she was clearly looking for ECNL teams. And, I had no idea where in Northern Indiana she was moving too. That is a pretty general description. She has since posted a more specific location.
Got it.

I grew up there. Northern Indiana is a place where you can drive for 2 hours and see nothing but corn and watertowers. Good schools, though. It's the kind of place Discovery was designed for, so that's a great tip.

Just in case you missed it, ECNL just added Midwest United FC, in Grand Rapids. 2 hours due north from South Bend.

Back