Have any of you experienced passive aggressive bullying, jealousy of your kid or racism on your team

Don't do it soccer_soccer. He will bully and ridicule you if you share your story.

believe me if i told you the stories you would be appalled that these kind of things exist these days, let alone directed at kids

All I know is that if I found out my child was acting this way my kid would have big problem. I want to know if my kid is doing those things or acting/speaking that way. I want to address it/fix it. It’s not ok, Ignoring it is accepting it. I would like to think most parents feel this way. Parents are responsible for setting the tone and the example with their kids. An earlier post asked where did the kid hear/learn it in the first place...I agree, it starts with the parents. That’s on the giving end....

On the receiving end, wow...it seems so much more complicated. When to step in, when to let them fight their own battles, and how to teach/give them the tools to work through it. It’s really hard, and I guess it depends on the situation, details, and specific circumstance. Some battles the kids need to fight on their own, some they need help with, and some you need to just outright protect them. Jealousy, racism, and bullying are all different things and there is not a singular answer in my opinion on how to handle it.

Well this is timely or Yahoo is tracking what I read:

Golfcart Gail' filmed calling cops on black man cheering on his son at soccer game
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/gol...k-man-cheering-son-soccer-game-115149661.html

A woman riding past a teen soccer game on a golf cart in Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla., last weekend decided to call the police on a man who was shouting out to his son on the field, say eyewitnesses.

Ginger Galore Williams, whose child is also on the team, captured photos from the incident and posted them to Facebook on Sunday. Williams implied that the act was racially motivated, as the woman in the golf cart — who turned out to be a field marshal — is white and the soccer dad is black.

Williams says the incident happened after the referee made a call that the man’s son wasn’t happy with. After the dad yelled out to the boy, “The ref is right!” the unidentified woman — seemingly a passerby not involved in the game — decided to confront him and “remind him that harassment would not be tolerated.”

Everything seems like its publicized noways with social media and its a shame that we have to frame these types of racially charged events when in reality just kids playing a game, please remember the game is nothing without #respect

This same parent culprit couple years ago was approached by a black parent who introduced themselves and put his hand out to shake his hand since they were new to the team. The parent looked at the guy and just walked away. This parent is well known in the soccer world , a coach at the club, and other places. They have connections and a foothold. To say something would be huge. Shame on the club for tolerating this kind of coach and for hiring them ... no one will ever say anything bc of the power they hold.

Well this is timely or Yahoo is tracking what I read:

Golfcart Gail' filmed calling cops on black man cheering on his son at soccer game
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/gol...k-man-cheering-son-soccer-game-115149661.html

A woman riding past a teen soccer game on a golf cart in Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla., last weekend decided to call the police on a man who was shouting out to his son on the field, say eyewitnesses.

Ginger Galore Williams, whose child is also on the team, captured photos from the incident and posted them to Facebook on Sunday. Williams implied that the act was racially motivated, as the woman in the golf cart — who turned out to be a field marshal — is white and the soccer dad is black.

Williams says the incident happened after the referee made a call that the man’s son wasn’t happy with. After the dad yelled out to the boy, “The ref is right!” the unidentified woman — seemingly a passerby not involved in the game — decided to confront him and “remind him that harassment would not be tolerated.”

Everything seems like its publicized noways with social media and its a shame that we have to frame these types of racially charged events when in reality just kids playing a game, please remember the game is nothing without #respect

The field marshal jumped to conclusions and overreacted. When listening to their discussion with the authorities its obvious she did not look further into the matter by speaking with the ref's or possibly with other parents on the sideline. The women who filmed the interview obviously was an impartial witness. This situation was unnecessary and the field marshal is a POS.:confused:

Last edited:
This same parent culprit couple years ago was approached by a black parent who introduced themselves and put his hand out to shake his hand since they were new to the team. The parent looked at the guy and just walked away. This parent is well known in the soccer world , a coach at the club, and other places. They have connections and a foothold. To say something would be huge. Shame on the club for tolerating this kind of coach and for hiring them ... no one will ever say anything bc of the power they hold.
Listen bigotry has no place anywhere but we all know that it is probably never going to go away. You aren't born a bigot, it is taught. Stupid people teach their kids to be bigots and you can't legislate that kind of thing. However if a club hires a bigoted coach, they should be called out especially if they are doing it to kids on the field. I for one as a parent on that team or if I heard it as an opposing parent would say something to the parent/coach about their comments. If i spoke to the parent and the behavior continued or if they told me to F off, I would go to the club. If that didn't work i would absolutely bring this up to a DA technical adviser. I really don't care what power that person thinks he or she has. They need to be torn down in a setting like this. You can't force them not to teach their own children but you can sure a f%$k get them out of their job. They need to be called out.
As far as kids doing this to other kids on the field, it is a form of bullying and needs to be handled as well. Same path as above, go to the coach if he does nothing about it go to the director, if that doesn't work go to the Technical Adviser, all the way up to the federation in need be. What people teach their kids behind closed doors you can't stop but you can stop them in a organized sport that is governed by the USSF.

I had Chris Lemay do this to me when DD was new at Surf. That, coupled with other behavior I saw from him is the reason that I counsel people against having him as a coach. I don't think it was racism, since we are both caucasian. He is just an ass.

Back to your story, racism has no place anywhere. I would definitely talk to the DOC if I saw racist behavior by a coach or parent in youth soccer.

They learn it from their parents. what would you do if it's a parent on your kid's team that has said some passive aggressive racist remarks? take it up with the coach? (doubt he will do anything) leave the team?

No, they learn it at school. When my DD was 10 or 11y/o during our drive home from school she asked me what the words "wetback" and "dike" meant. I asked her where she heard that and she said some girls were calling my DD friend those names. We had a discussion about racist and sexist comments and how some people were just ignorant and felt the need to put others down just because of their race, gender, or how they looked. That was an early lesson that she has carried into adulthood and will not allow racist or sexist people into her life. She had a recent boyfriend that she dumped after he told her after a month of dating that he thought women were not mentally strong enough to be in the military and all gays should be kicked out of the military.

No, they learn it at school. When my DD was 10 or 11y/o during our drive home from school she asked me what the words "wetback" and "dike" meant. I asked her where she heard that and she said some girls were calling my DD friend those names. We had a discussion about racist and sexist comments and how some people were just ignorant and felt the need to put others down just because of their race, gender, or how they looked. That was an early lesson that she has carried into adulthood and will not allow racist or sexist people into her life. She had a recent boyfriend that she dumped after he told her after a month of dating that he thought women were not mentally strong enough to be in the military and all gays should be kicked out of the military.
Sounds like a nice Republican boy.

I don't know think women should be in combat, that is a man's job and I do believe they are better equipped to handle it.
Don't even get me started on the whole gay thing.
Exactly why that guy is like Neidermeyer. He was disliked and killed by his own troops in combat.

Pretty sure here in Southern California we have some of the most diverse ethnicity of anywhere in the United States.

Back