GunScare @ Albion Cup?

Both teams were not allowed to participate ... forfeit AND Cal South has redefined how sidelines are configured from a field set up, AND Cal South is in the process of requiring an Emergency Action Plan for facilities AND increasing the security presence at all State and National cup events.

What do you think they are sweeping under the rug, in light of the fact there may be litigation and public disclosures of discipline may impact that litigation?

The part about informing members in the follow-up...

You seem to know more about there plans then what's published. Why is that?

But at least they seemed to be headed in the right direction if like you say they have finally decided to have actual safety & security plans that where obviously missing prior.

Until a follow up statement or other things are published don't really know or the basis for the forfeit was based on what? Terms that the teams didn't agree to? Too many players ineligible, coaches suspended or what? To teach a lesson to others more info is needed.

I was too quick to call it sweeping under the rug.

As soon as the forfeits are official, time for me to eat crow.
I've had to eat crow a few times too dad of 4 kids. My mom had 12. "Pride before the fall and humility comes before honor." Kobe had lot's of pride and then some falls early in life. I've been astonished and motivated with what Kobe was up to after hoops. He seemed to have learned the secret to life. He said he learned to love and love means being patient and showing empathy towards others. Living with 5 ladies in one house and mother in law a few houses down will teach you many things I bet :)

You seem to know more about there plans then what's published. Why is that?

Because I'm well informed. I know people at all levels and I'm trusted with information. I also understand how things work at a very deep level, which enables me to make fairly accurate assumptions (when I guess). Interestingly enough, each team was suspended/forfeited for slightly different reasons.

all because of gun guy, no soccer for you, ten year olds

No. All because the parents entered the field and escalated a situation which the referees were in the process of controlling ... and the in case of one of those teams played games with Cal South. The forfeits are because the coaches and adults believed the rules did not apply. There is one group that really "caused" this event and that was the parents of both teams.

Because I'm well informed. I know people at all levels and I'm trusted with information. I also understand how things work at a very deep level, which enables me to make fairly accurate assumptions (when I guess). Interestingly enough, each team was suspended/forfeited for slightly different reasons.

No. All because the parents entered the field and escalated a situation which the referees were in the process of controlling ... and the in case of one of those teams played games with Cal South. The forfeits are because the coaches and adults believed the rules did not apply. There is one group that really "caused" this event and that was the parents of both teams.

Nonsense.

CalSouth did the right thing here--give credit where due. Makes me think they are serious about doing something long term. Though lawsuits often do that.

CalSouth did the right thing here--give credit where due. Makes me think they are serious about doing something long term. Though lawsuits often do that.

The whole thing looks like a plea bargain compromise. "Just go away and we won't punish you." I'm still wondering if their entry fees were refunded.

Back