GunScare @ Albion Cup?

"Our members" is everyone that has a CS card, players, coaches, directors + all have signed to follow the code of conduct like parents.

Obviously there are players, coaches, and parents that did not adhere to the code. Now it's time to see if CS enforces their own code, rules, etc or they don't which makes them pretty much paper tigers...

According to the Cal South bylaws, a "member" is an accepted club or league, plus the human beings chosen by the Members to sit on the Board of Directors. For most matters, only the Directors ever vote to decide anything, the big exception being the Annual General Meeting votes to select Directors, wherein the club or league gets votes in proportion to the number of players they have registered to play (" one (1) vote for each three hundred and seventy-five (375) Players, or fraction thereof, but in no case shall an Affiliate Member’s number of votes exceed eight (8)").

That's not you, and that's not me, and that's not any specific player, coach, club director, or referee (unless elected as a Director), so it is easier for the BOD to keep the membership under control than one might suspect.

Didn't take them long to decide to sweep it under the rug.

The indefinite ban has already been reduced to a one tournament limitation on spectators. And we are only 3 weeks into it.

Apparently thug clubs are welcome at Cal South.

According to the Cal South bylaws, a "member" is an accepted club or league, plus the human beings chosen by the Members to sit on the Board of Directors. For most matters, only the Directors ever vote to decide anything, the big exception being the Annual General Meeting votes to select Directors, wherein the club or league gets votes in proportion to the number of players they have registered to play (" one (1) vote for each three hundred and seventy-five (375) Players, or fraction thereof, but in no case shall an Affiliate Member’s number of votes exceed eight (8)").

That's not you, and that's not me, and that's not any specific player, coach, club director, or referee (unless elected as a Director), so it is easier for the BOD to keep the membership under control than one might suspect.

Thanks for the legal mumbo jumbo

If you're a CS card holder as far i'm concern you're a member and agreed to follow the rules of conduct. In fact when you register & sign that wavier you agree to abide by the rules.

Thanks for the legal mumbo jumbo

If you're a CS card holder as far i'm concern you're a member and agreed to follow the rules of conduct. In fact when you register & sign that wavier you agree to abide by the rules.

The "legal mumbo jumbo" is the actual foundation of how Cal South operates. Despite your self-appointed "membership", the power of your personal rights might end at your club's election of officers (and some clubs resist allowing parents of players to have even that limited right).

I'm not saying that is right, or that I support it, but that is reality.

The "legal mumbo jumbo" is the actual foundation of how Cal South operates. Despite your self-appointed "membership", the power of your personal rights might end at your club's election of officers (and some clubs resist allowing parents of players to have even that limited right).

I'm not saying that is right, or that I support it, but that is reality.

Ok thanks, personally not involved with CS nor is my player. However, I do know participates did sign to abide by the rules if there members or not. When they don't who should be ones carring out the corrective actions if warranted?

Ok thanks, personally not involved with CS nor is my player. However, I do know participates did sign to abide by the rules if there members or not. When they don't who should be ones carring out the corrective actions if warranted?

Cal South has the authority to suspend expel any player, coach, or club/league administrator they wish, and they exercise that power regularly. Referees have the implied authority to remove spectators from a game location even if they have never signed any papers. I think the exercise of signing a paper where you agree to obey the rules is more of a personnel management sociological trick than anything "legal".

@espola and @jpeter,

There are voting and non voting members of Cal South. The Clubs and Leagues are voting members. The others are all non-voting "associate members" ... players, coaches, referees, parents. Etc. (Bylaws, Section 1 Definitions). These associate members, are members nonetheless.

Has CalSouth issued another statement or is this all speculation and hear say that the 2 teams will be allowed to play but the sidelines cant attend?
Just trying to get the facts on what to expect this weekend.

I am 100% for reining in bad parent behaviors and holding parents and coaches and clubs responsible for maintaining a sane and appropriate and safe environment. That being said, there was no proof that camo bag guy did what he was accused of doing so how can cal south or anyone institute sanctions against him with a restraining order or any type of ban? This is a public venue .
There is video of him. It was shown on San Diego evening news.

I am not defending anything about this but what did the video show? That he was walking back and forth with his hand in a bag? What does that prove?

I am not defending anything about this but what did the video show? That he was walking back and forth with his hand in a bag? What does that prove?

It proves that (1) he is not a paraplegic, (2) he had a bag, (3) "he" was not a "she" (but could have identified as one ... we don't know); and (4) he was on the field and not on the sideline.

Has CalSouth issued another statement or is this all speculation and hear say that the 2 teams will be allowed to play but the sidelines cant attend?
Just trying to get the facts on what to expect this weekend.
I’m curious about this, too. I just went back and re-reread the statement on the CalSouth website, and it says,
  • Due to the seriousness of the situation, both participating teams, their coaches, players, administrators and the spectators involved in this incident are suspended and ineligible to participate in any Cal South sanctioned tournaments until Cal South completes its investigation and holds hearings.
So, if those teams are going to participate this weekend, then the investigation was completed and hearings were held? I would think they’d commmunicate their findings before allowing the teams to participate.

(I think those teams are scheduled on adjacent fields back to back on Saturday.)

I’m curious about this, too. I just went back and re-reread the statement on the CalSouth website, and it says,
  • Due to the seriousness of the situation, both participating teams, their coaches, players, administrators and the spectators involved in this incident are suspended and ineligible to participate in any Cal South sanctioned tournaments until Cal South completes its investigation and holds hearings.
So, if those teams are going to participate this weekend, then the investigation was completed and hearings were held? I would think they’d commmunicate their findings before allowing the teams to participate.

(I think those teams are scheduled on adjacent fields back to back on Saturday.)

CS modus operandi has been to:

broom2.jpg

Will they do anything else? Apparently not.

Cal South is notorious about not communicating results of hearings. In most cases, they are dealing with minors, so that is understandable.

CS modus operandi has been to:

broom2.jpg

Will they do anything else? Apparently not.

Both teams were not allowed to participate ... forfeit AND Cal South has redefined how sidelines are configured from a field set up, AND Cal South is in the process of requiring an Emergency Action Plan for facilities AND increasing the security presence at all State and National cup events.

What do you think they are sweeping under the rug, in light of the fact there may be litigation and public disclosures of discipline may impact that litigation?

Both teams were not allowed to participate ... forfeit AND Cal South has redefined how sidelines are configured from a field set up, AND Cal South is in the process of requiring an Emergency Action Plan for facilities AND increasing the security presence at all State and National cup events.

What do you think they are sweeping under the rug, in light of the fact there may be litigation and public disclosures of discipline may impact that litigation?
I was too quick to call it sweeping under the rug.

As soon as the forfeits are official, time for me to eat crow.

Back