GunScare @ Albion Cup?

Just saw mobs of people running towards the parking lot and the farm fields across the street in Temecula. Many fields and games are canceled, kids and parents hiding under cars and behind trees. Some say a fight broke out and someone branished a “gun”. Does anyone have any information? I hope everyone is ok, police helicopter is out and PD searching cars. What two teams were fighting? The man with the gun was caught on video....So sad to see all players crying and scared.

Just saw mobs of people running towards the parking lot and the farm fields across the street in Temecula. Many fields and games are canceled, kids and parents hiding under cars and behind trees. Some say a fight broke out and someone branished a “gun”. Does anyone have any information? I hope everyone is ok, police helicopter is out and PD searching cars. What two teams were fighting? The man with the gun was caught on video....So sad to see all players crying and scared.
Very unfortunate, but not surprising. Things have been progressing in this direction for sometime. Hate to see where it's heading.

We were there. It was terrifying for about 5
minutes but felt much longer. Total chaos. Terrible experience for our kids to go through. I don’t know details or have confirmation of any of this but heard that there were parents fighting and people thought someone had a gun and everyone started running and the news spread quickly. We heard there was never a gun. The tournament ended.

Was there as well....saw everyone running from the field next us....heard people yelling shooter and took off with everyone else to the parking lot...very surreal and scary...players very shaken....need to have police presence mandatory at these tournaments...not sure of the details of what really went down....but you here shooter...run and ask questions later

Two boy's team, U11, finals game. Very heated game and in the last 5 minutes a fight breaks out between 2 boys from opposite teams on the field. Younger kid spectator, assume a sibling, runs from sideline and out onto field and attacks player. Sidelines empty out like a dugout and mass pandemonium ensues. At one point an adult spectator pulls out a camo bag and walks onto the field flexing and walking back and forth while holding his hand in the bag. A few adults near him start saying no no as he walks around. He turns to go the other direction and someone yells gun, people run and it spread like fire.

Kids crying, parents screaming for their kids. Disgusting

Did this guy get arrested? This is just as low as it gets. I could understand the yelling and trash talk but this is just taking things too far. To even pretend to have a gun is just as bad. There should be a law to arrest anyone that pretends or says gun/mass shooter etc absolutely unacceptable especially in front of kids. This could have psychological effects on them.

Boys u11or 2011?
Which bracket?
Should be a permanent ban for all further participation for that family. Maybe even for both complete teams if a bench clearing brawl breaks out.

I had just finished up refereeing and was standing near the field Marshall tent when we were told there was an active shooter and to run. Afterwards it got me really thinking about what a target referee’s are and what is keeping a pissed off parent or coach from retaliating this way. Earlier today we sent off a coach with a red card.... it’s absolutely frightening to think about. Seeing children crying returning to the fields to pickup backpacks and other items left behind during the massive run out. The realization of how isolated we were in Temecula.

Did this guy get arrested? This is just as low as it gets. I could understand the yelling and trash talk but this is just taking things too far. To even pretend to have a gun is just as bad. There should be a law to arrest anyone that pretends or says gun/mass shooter etc absolutely unacceptable especially in front of kids. This could have psychological effects on them.
Police had detained an individual, but unsure if it was the individual in question or someone else. Police were asking had anyone actually seen a weapon, so assume none had been found. There was worry that if a weapon was present it could have been handed off or tossed when the individual ran. Let's hope there was not and it was just a weak garbage human being.

Mom's yelling and screaming for their children, kids crying, people running or lying on the ground, dad's pulling out their half-naked children from porta-potties and running, kids alone in the parking lot yelling for their parents as cars are flying by.... who knows the effect.

Police had detained an individual, but unsure if it was the individual in question or someone else. Police were asking had anyone actually seen a weapon, so assume none had been found. There was worry that if a weapon was present it could have been handed off or tossed when the individual ran. Let's hope there was not and it was just a weak garbage human being.

Mom's yelling and screaming for their children, kids crying, people running or lying on the ground, dad's pulling out their half-naked children from porta-potties and running, kids alone in the parking lot yelling for their parents as cars are flying by.... who knows the effect.

New to SoCal but never heard of anything like this happening before elsewhere. Hopefully this is just a one time fluke and never happens again. I understand things can get heated but never ever should it reach such level. These heated altercations are happening mostly with new parents to soccer with young kids plying u10 and younger. There must be better education measures about the dangers of ”new soccer parent rage syndrome” and best ways to deal with it. You even see it happening here on the sub-forums, u10 and younger.

Boys u11or 2011?
Which bracket?
Should be a permanent ban for all further participation for that family. Maybe even for both complete teams if a bench clearing brawl breaks out.
Boy's U11, or B2009.

Wholeheartedly agree on suspensions and bans. Fighting players need suspensions, family permanent ban(s), temp to possible permanent ban for the team of the offending adult individual should he not be found and arrested, and of course the individual arrested.

It’s ridiculous ! We were watching the legends vs la galaxy oc 09 , when out no where we see a mass of people running toward us everyone froze until we heard shooter. Everyone bolted to the back parking lot. Why would anyone pretend to have gun or even bring one to a kids tournament ! What goes through their mind, I hope that team does get banned or they press charges to that individual. Horrible experience for my 8yr and my 5 yr to have to run for the life’s. Horrible experience for the kids in general , a lot kids crying trying to find their parents, kids come to these event to enjoy themself to have good sane competition. Not to experience something like this

We were there very close to where the brawl took place. It was very scary for everyone around, especially for the kids to witness. We also were part of a group that fled to the nearest outlet when it appeared to escalate.
There were lots of children crying and parents screaming - it was pure chaos.
As a result, I now have children that don't want to sleep alone tonight

I see many finals with no score.
That is correct. The incident occurred in the last ~5 mins. Pandemonium ensues, and people flee over 20 fields without finishing games plus teams waiting to start the next round - you get the scope.

Shame, as there were many teams that worked so hard to be denied the chance to play.

Back