Guidance are not for everyone

The numbers coming out of Cali is all over the place and the way higher then reported. Some health offical resigned over it. Governor said the buck stops with him and he will get this all fixed. They are working on fixing the back log of all the positive case. Outlaw, you need to trust and just relax. Governor spoke today and he's working on a plan. I caught the last 5 minutes of his presser. Did he talk about youth sports?

Yeah... the "buck stops with him"... yet she's gone and he's still here. There's no reason to trust anyone on this stuff, Spicoli. We're 6 months into this and they still can't handle test results properly. I didn't hear him say anything about youth sports, your goat, SoCal Blues or ganas.

Yeah... the "buck stops with him"... yet she's gone and he's still here. There's no reason to trust anyone on this stuff, Spicoli. We're 6 months into this and they still can't handle test results properly. I didn't hear him say anything about youth sports, your goat, SoCal Blues or ganas.
Bummer. BTW, everyone is out balling today.

Bummer. BTW, everyone is out balling today.

Club Directors will need to make some big decisions if the October 1st moves again.

1. Do they scrap this year and start training for the following year (2021-2022 season).
2. Do coaches continue to charge fro the season or month to month.
3. Parents will need to decide if they walk away from the club agreements? I dont see how clubs can hold parents accountable given that we might not have a 2021 season.
4. Do parents begin to tryout with new teams?
5. Is ECNL still worth the value given that colleges will be losing significant revenue in the next year or two
6. Do kids select HS Soccer vs Club games in the spring (if we have a spring season)

What 10% is “ inaccurate”?
Some gatherings are too important to cancel. Think hospitals.

Outdoor is lower risk. So the size limit on outdoor gathering should be higher than the size limit on indoor gathering, especially for shorter duration events.

But, overall, legality should depend on risk. Scrimmages should be legal because they are low risk, not because I can do whatever the hell I want.

Club Directors will need to make some big decisions if the October 1st moves again.

1. Do they scrap this year and start training for the following year (2021-2022 season).
3. Parents will need to decide if they walk away from the club agreements? I dont see how clubs can hold parents accountable given that we might not have a 2021 season.
5. Is ECNL still worth the value given that colleges will be losing significant revenue in the next year or two
6. Do kids select HS Soccer vs Club games in the spring (if we have a spring season)
So much on the line these days. Right now, were doing privates and getting ready for HS Soccer and then the 2022 draft.....lol Hopefully a vaccine will be around by then.

Some gatherings are too important to cancel. Think hospitals.

Outdoor is lower risk. So the size limit on outdoor gathering should be higher than the size limit on indoor gathering, especially for shorter duration events.

But, overall, legality should depend on risk. Scrimmages should be legal because they are low risk, not because I can do whatever the hell I want.

I've read the CIF/ school guidance and soccer is classified as medium risk and has 3 phase. The first phase is distant training & considered lower risk, scrimmages phase 2 medium risk, games high risk.

Weather i agree or not with that is a personal opinion but those making the guidance are they ones we need to talk with if there will be any changes.

I still don't understand why "scrimmage" and "games" are not the same category.
It is like in AZ.

Right now I can go to my favorite bar and sit and have drinks and watch sports.

However one of my other favorite bars is closed.

The difference? One serves food.

So apparently sitting at the bar having a drink and talking to the bartender is safe as long as the place serves food. But sitting at a similar bar chatting with the bartender is unsafe and closed because they don't serve food.

Won't scrap so #1 is not going to happen at the bigger to medium sized clubs. If nothing else continue to provide training which they need payments or funds for.

2. Yeah agree should be month to month

4. Tryout for what? If games are not being played what are kids trying out for?

5. Big question mark, the value of chasing scholarship funds by attending so many tournaments or getting in some league has diminished no doubt. How much ? TBA sholarships for incoming players will be impacted in different ways. Some will still hold the value of chasing those preferred admissions or sholarships opportunities high and others probably not so much anymore.

6. That's a big one also, going to be split and divided can't see anyway around that. The high school season is so packed with games in a short time frame that there just not much room to dual play both at the same time at a high level for most. If the scheduling people are smart they will adjust and put more club games in winter and much fewer in spring.

It is like in AZ.

Right now I can go to my favorite bar and sit and have drinks and watch sports.

However one of my other favorite bars is closed.

The difference? One serves food.

So apparently sitting at the bar having a drink and talking to the bartender is safe as long as the place serves food. But sitting at a similar bar chatting with the bartender is unsafe and closed because they don't serve food.
Or, the AZ govt allows several unsafe practices, and indoor dining is just one of them.

This is one reason why AZ has the second highest cases per capita in the nation.

Because public officials know that the 2 words are spelled differently and therefore logically classify them differently.

Gov't. What can't it do?

Scrimmages are local with stable cohorts.

Games are not in our section with teams from all over. Hour+ bus ride away in some cases and other counties once you play tournaments or get into the post season.

Scrimmages are local with stable cohorts.

Games are not in our section with teams from all over. Hour+ bus ride away in some cases and other counties once you play tournaments or get into the post season.

You're putting a lot of faith in "stable cohorts" and who, or how many, they're exposing themselves to.

You're putting a lot of faith in "stable cohorts" and who, or how many, they're exposing themselves to.

I'm not putting faith into that, just explaining what the people who work on guidance said was the difference when I asked the scrimmage vs games in different phases Q.

6. That's a big one also, going to be split and divided can't see anyway around that. The high school season is so packed with games in a short time frame that there just not much room to dual play both at the same time at a high level for most. If the scheduling people are smart they will adjust and put more club games in winter and much fewer in spring.

The kids pediatric doses are running behind in testing and health experts are already signalling that under 18 will be in the later groups to receive a vaccine (after health care workers, the elderly, essential workers). If the standard to resume games is near zero transmission (given that the guidance doesn't distinguish between the northern counties where transmission is already low, counties which are rising, and counties which are falling), unless there really is some natural dark matter zone where the virus begins to burn out and there aren't second waves, I think this concern might be moot....50/50.

I'm not putting faith into that, just explaining what the people who work on guidance said was the difference when I asked the scrimmage vs games in different phases Q.

I hear you... I just don't support the notion. It only takes 1 person, with total disregard for any sensible efforts, to upset the apple cart. Or for that person to be in close proximity of someone else that does. To me it's all or nothing... especially when you can be devoid of any symptoms.

Things are improving considerably for you in AZ as far as the virus. If the "R" is what they are actually calculating, it will keep getting better.

Any idea what restrictions they will have? I know STX mentioned some of the conditions they enforce for there games and tournaments.

Back