GU16 National Team

GOALKEEPERS (2): Nona Reason (San Diego Surf; San Clemente; Calif.), Teagan Wy (West Coast FC; Rancho Santa Margarita, Calif.)

DEFENDERS (6): Elise Evans (San Jose Earthquakes; Redwood City, Calif.), Kayleigh Herr (NC Courage; Cary, NC), Elle Piper (San Jose Earthquakes; San Jose, Calif.), Evelyn Shores (Tophat; Atlanta, Ga.), Maggie Taitano (San Diego Surf; Carlsbad, Calif.), Gisele Thompson (Real So Cal; Studio City, Calif.)

MIDFIELDERS (5): Sydney Becerra (Solar SC; Lewisville, Tx.), Danielle Davis (FC Fury NY; Port Washington), Juliauna Hayward (Real Colorado; Thornton, Colo.), Peyton Marcisz (San Jose Earthquakes; San Jose), Olivia Moultrie (Portland Thorns FC; Portland, Ore.)

FORWARDS (7): Ella Eggleston (Lonestar Academy; Austin, Tx.), Mia Minestrella (Beach FC; Redondo Beach, Calif.), Katherine Rader (Weston FC; Stuart, Fla.), Julia Saunicheva (San Jose Earthquakes; Santa Clara, Calif.), Jaedyn Shaw (FC Dallas; Frisco, Tex.), Alyssa Thompson (Real So Cal; Studio City, Calif.), Alivia Uribe (Reign Academy; Seattle, Wash.)
My dd has played with or against all 6 socal players. I can personally say all of them deserve this because their great soccer players and have made personal sacrifices to be best they can be. DA/US Soccer are looking for those who will be committed and work their ass off. Let's be positive for their accomplishments. I will say if you want to be invited it's obvious you better play in the DA and we all know only a very few will get picked.

My dd has played with or against all 6 socal players. I can personally say all of them deserve this because their great soccer players and have made personal sacrifices to be best they can be. DA/US Soccer are looking for those who will be committed and work their ass off. Let's be positive for their accomplishments. I will say if you want to be invited it's obvious you better play in the DA and we all know only a very few will get picked.
Are we to assume they are the best because they come from a DA club?
In Socal, yes. Earthquake players are studs too. I can't speak on the rest of the country. IMO, if Socal told DA to stick it then their is no league :)

Are we to assume they are the best because they come from a DA club?

These player got invited to this camp because of their ability to standout from the rest and perform at a national team level. They are the best not because they are DA players, instead they have accomplished the criteria needed to be able to potentially compete at international stage.

Don’t have a player in this age group and don’t know any of the girls on the list. I’m sure each and every one of them is incredibly talented.
That said, Slammers, PDA, Michigan Hawks, Eclipse Select, FC Stars, Crossfire and the other 70 plus ECNL clubs don’t have a single kid as deserving as the 20 who made it?

If the pissing contest has gotten to the point that all ECNL players are going to be excluded from YNT pools then they’ve reached a whole other level of pettiness. What a mess.

Please let me know who I need to kiss a to so I can get my kid invited to a camp, if it's that easy.

Can't believe some people can't accept good thing and put a negative loop on what these kids have accomplished.
It's a great honor, but to call it a National Team is a stretch when you only select players from one league. This is more like a National All Star team from the DA that will represent the USA. No knock on the players and I'd be proud as hell if I was one of them, but lets just call it what it is. There are no DA teams in about 1/2 to 1/3 of the states, so should we assume there is no talent there? It's a tough job for US Soccer, but excluding ECNL players is more about winning the pissing match with the ECNL than it is about fielding the best National team, in my opinion.

Reactions: SCS
All I am saying is. Are the players invited only DA? There are no other players in any league nationwide competing at the level that it takes to play YNT?
I behind All Teams Stars and Stripes but I also think as a country we need to broaden our view of players or we will continue to stagnate.

Based on my limited personal experience, I am 100% certain that US Soccer is considering kids that don’t play in the GDA. My player has never played club and will be called into camp in the near future. She also had the opportunity to play up 2-3 years for Deza at the Earthquakes but US Soccer is fine with her staying where she is. Please stop all the speculation and conjecture.

How do you know that these are not the most talented in DA.

Are you a scout?
A Coach?
A Talent Expert? Or is that just your own implusive option.

I hate stupid comments which people are just pretending to know it all.

I have no opinion on this list. I'm sure all the girls are terrific. But if any of these kids are on your kid's team, you see these kids play a ton more than US soccer. So when you see a kid get a call up once or multiple times, but you see other kids on the team or club being passed up that are clearly better, it's easy to question US soccer. After watching kids play 30 plus games in 10 months, you don't have to be a scout, coach or talent expert. You just need a brain. It's not rocket science.

It's a great honor, but to call it a National Team is a stretch when you only select players from one league. This is more like a National All Star team from the DA that will represent the USA. No knock on the players and I'd be proud as hell if I was one of them, but lets just call it what it is. There are no DA teams in about 1/2 to 1/3 of the states, so should we assume there is no talent there? It's a tough job for US Soccer, but excluding ECNL players is more about winning the pissing match with the ECNL than it is about fielding the best National team, in my opinion.

Spot on my friend. Unlike ECNL, US Soccer has fiduciary responsibility to field the best national teams. As the national governing body, Congress has essentially granted US Soccer (cough, cough, Nike) an unfettered monopoly over the sport in the US. But instead of complaining about US Soccer, we should be lobbying Congress to take away its designation.

How do you know that these are not the most talented in DA.

Are you a scout?
A Coach?
A Talent Expert? Or is that just your own implusive option.

I hate stupid comments which people are just pretending to know it all.
It is my opinion. That is all. You can think it's stupid..., but this is a forum and opinions are stated here all the time. Not sure why you're all bent out of shape.

Back